U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the faith, everyone. I am truly sad for the long term fans who got shut out. A very good idea to go post on the Zootopia forum— I remember getting shut out of a particular Vegas T-Mobile show a few years ago, and the Zootopia mods came through with GA tix for me. I don’t remember the details, but I do remember being pleasantly surprised that they actually worked some magic.

Hope to see everyone eventually getting in the door.

There was not a subscriber presale code we had to enter correct? I just had to enter my email associated with my U2.com account. Just want to make sure I was entering the correct fan club/Ultra ticket request.

i hope they actually pause the Verified Fan and general on sales to "make good" on the Ultras who got the shaft before moving on.

there is precedent.

Looking at how quickly that Zootopia thread is growing and the reaction on social media, reddit etc, that would appear to be the sensible thing to do as something hasn't gone to plan.

So of course they won't and will double down! Nothing to see here!

Looking at how quickly that Zootopia thread is growing and the reaction on social media, reddit etc, that would appear to be the sensible thing to do as something hasn't gone to plan.

So of course they won't and will double down! Nothing to see here!

i have faith. there was a fuck up with the pearl jam on sale just the other day, and they resolved it and made right by most.

let's see what happens.

So in a nutshell, many fanclub members (who paid, I did) were shut out from tickets? Few things of note:

-I thought the process was a bit rushed & little confusing.

- Any U2 fanclub paying member should've gotten at least 2 tickets.

- And buying tickets for major acts now just sucks. Ticketmaster has jacked the system so much to their $liking$ w/ their tier/platinum/wait in line pricing you need a certficate of computer science to navigate and grab tickets.

GA rooms don’t exist at moment for VF sale? Maybe something is happening to allocate tickets for fan club. Or maybe there is nothing left/being released at this time.

GA rooms don’t exist at moment for VF sale? Maybe something is happening to allocate tickets for fan club. Or maybe there is nothing left/being released at this time.

GA tickets are the easiest to allocate and typically the most demanded, so I would totally see those selling out first so I could see that. The uneven requests of 1,2,3,4 seats all coming in at the same time for seats complicates that because you have to make sure the gaps remaining can accommodate multiple purchase sizes.

I had a VF code and jumped on the Oct 7 and Oct 8 dates to try to get tickets for another forum member. None of the GA rooms were open. I could have gotten P3 Oct 8 tickets, but nothing else that wasn't $2k/seat. In general, it seems that weekday shows have "softer" demand than weekend shows.

Just assumed like an idiot I guess that presale would follow the same "pick three dates" thing, so I only had one tab open for I guess one specific show. And then when I couldn't get a reasonably priced ticket fast enough, all I could do was wait again in line for the other shows. Now pretty much everything is all sold out. Fuck me.

I'm feeling extremely lucky after reading so many stories about people getting shut out. I got 2 GAs for 9/30 in the fan club presale. Then I got selected for the verified fan sale and ended up buying 1 reserved seat for 9/29. I went straight from the waiting room to the sale page at 9:01 - it didn't even put me into the queue. At that point it looked like there were VERY few tickets left. I paid $595 for a seat in section 308, which is absolutely bonkers expensive for a seat that high up. I just panicked and bought the first seat that wasn't $1500 (seemed like everything in the 200 sections and below was $1000+).

I hate to say it but I don't think there will be much left for the people on the waiting list. Maybe 9/29 is just especially picked over because it's opening night.

Am I crazy, or did Ticketmaster/U2 say specifically that there would be no platinum tickets for sale? I remember seeing that in the announcement language.

I had a VF code and jumped on the Oct 7 and Oct 8 dates to try to get tickets for another forum member. None of the GA rooms were open. I could have gotten P3 Oct 8 tickets, but nothing else that wasn't $2k/seat. In general, it seems that weekday shows have "softer" demand than weekend shows.

This man is a hero. I really appreciate you trying to help out a complete stranger! Hopefully ill have some luck on the face value exchange over the next few months. Thank you again!!

I hate to say it but I don't think there will be much left for the people on the waiting list. Maybe 9/29 is just especially picked over because it's opening night.

I ended up taking a look at nearly every night. There was barely anything left in any of them, and that was 20 minutes ago.

When they announce the next set of probable 10+ dates hopefully through the 11/10, perhaps they’ll learn to maybe have a U presale one day and then a V sale the next, then TM VF, then General which would give U presumably a better shot. I get you want a mix of people in the shows, long time fans and casuals, and I guess we will never know how many U’s/V’s requested vs the allotment and therefore what the odds of getting selected truly were. 1:10, 1:100, 1:1000, so hard to say and best of luck to everyone!! Still on cloud 9 to get the 2 tix I wanted to the date I wanted.

Wow, so basically verified fan = access to platinum priced tickets? If you're lucky?

Yeah pretty much.

Honestly I get why U2.com subscribers should get to cut the line. But also I think that fucking sucks. If I want to get seats I have to pay even more money? This is twice in the past year the .com presale has meant I've been shut out (Bono tour being the other). I'm as much a fan as anyone else, I shouldn't have to pay an extra fee to prove it.

There's one Wednesday (10/11?) that still has VIP GAs, but you have to buy 4 and it's $750 a person (includes 2 nights at the Venetian).

ETA: sorry, not the VIP, the "concert + hotel"/cheaper package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom