U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the thing, how far back do you go? When the rumours started? That way you might at least cut out some of the scalpers getting early access?

How committed are scalpers - do they keep renewing year after year and re-gifting all the delayed "free" gifts?

Or do they just signup whenever a tour by a major artist is rumoured?

Cut off should have been the day before the Superbowl ad. After that is when the scalpers bought memberships. When the news hit the media everywhere in other words.

And that's the thing, how far back do you go? When the rumours started? That way you might at least cut out some of the scalpers getting early access?

How committed are scalpers - do they keep renewing year after year and re-gifting all the delayed "free" gifts?

Or do they just signup whenever a tour by a major artist is rumoured?

Easiest most recent data is from their previous 3 world tours. So they could use consistent subs since ie or ei as Ultra. Pre SB Announcement subs as Violet. Post SB subs as Light.

Subs since Vertigo (launch of paid .com fanclub) should get Legacy level like Metallica does

Wasn’t there a tour (360?) with a 3 tier fan club presale? But then it went back to 2 tiers for all future presales. They should of made this specific presale 3-4 tiers within the fan club. Quarter of a million tickets for 12 shows of a complete AB performance (advertised as the only place you’ll see it done). And somehow a small fraction of this amount is held for a fan club that put 2 tiers within same window of the process that trusts the system will sort itself in a few hours. It really sucks seeing so many recognizable legacy fan club members of 20 plus years active membership shut out of both fan club and VF. That shouldn’t happen with this band.

Wasn’t there a tour (360?) with a 3 tier fan club presale? But then it went back to 2 tiers for all future presales. They should of made this specific presale 3-4 tiers within the fan club. Quarter of a million tickets for 12 shows of a complete AB performance (advertised as the only place you’ll see it done). And somehow a small fraction of this amount is held for a fan club that put 2 tiers within same window of the process that trusts the system will sort itself in a few hours. It really sucks seeing so many recognizable legacy fan club members of 20 plus years active membership shut out of both fan club and VF. That shouldn’t happen with this band.

yes - and it worked beautifully.

i hope they return to it for the next tour, whenever that may be.

as i've passed through my 12 stages of U2 ticket grief here - i think it's important for everyone to remember that as much as we make fun of some of the outliers in the U2 fan community - genuinely speaking it's filled with terrific people who are willing to help other fans out.

so keep your heads up, folks - check the boards here - check the Facebook pages - reddit - and whatever the heck the Ticketmaster fan market will be. a lot fans willing to help other fans out there :heart:

I just feel like any fan who had a subscription prior to Monday and requested tickets should have gotten them. Probably half of the Ticketmaster VF sales today will be bought by people who have no intention on going to the shows. They're just hoping to resell them for a lot more money as a VF resale ticket through Ticketmaster or on another resale website.

This is *why* I don't bother to keep up my subscription, I just don't see the benefit. I'm sure it would've been more likely I'd have gotten tix if I had been in the ultra group, but no guarantee...

Congratulations to everyone that got tickets!
Bummed for those that didn’t, but I know everyone who initially wanted them will get them and will be inside that sphere in just a few months.

Hope the Verified Fan presale and if-necessary general sale isn’t a dynamic pricing bloodbath. ‘Cause they won’t hear the end of that one.

as i've passed through my 12 stages of U2 ticket grief here - i think it's important for everyone to remember that as much as we make fun of some of the outliers in the U2 fan community - genuinely speaking it's filled with terrific people who are willing to help other fans out.

so keep your heads up, folks - check the boards here - check the Facebook pages - reddit - and whatever the heck the Ticketmaster fan market will be. a lot fans willing to help other fans out there :heart:

Right on. :up: I got shut out yesterday too. But I have no doubt there will be options for people who really want to go, as long as they keep up on the opportunities out there.

This is *why* I don't bother to keep up my subscription, I just don't see the benefit. I'm sure it would've been more likely I'd have gotten tix if I had been in the ultra group, but no guarantee...

For a unique situation like this Vegas run, I can see that. But I still think the membership is worth it for the "regular" tour opportunities alone. That and as much as the gifts offered get grief sometimes, they're a heck of a lot better than the worthless bookmarks or tote bags other band fan clubs send out (imho).

Looking forward to being in the same boat as you all when I get shut out on Pearl Jam tickets this week.

I wasn't planning on signing up this time either, but I got to the verge of maybe starting to panic, lol. At least I'll get that AB cd out of it instead of trying to remember to ask around if I could buy someone's spare copy. *shrug* Agreed, the gifts are things I sometimes really want!

Which stage of grief was thinking to yourself "Maybe I actually am a rube for keeping my subscription active all these years?"

have faith, folks.

that is all.

JBJ says...

Bon_Jovi_Keep_the_Faith_song.jpg

To think, I was considering posting my mild disappointment that I’m on the side at a higher price point when I’d rather be more center and higher up at a lower price point. This thread has slapped some reality into me. Would never occur to me that longtime subscribers wouldn’t get tickets.

Good luck everyone. I have a sense that when the dust settles, there may be more options than it seems at this stage.

I’m sad for everyone who didn’t get tickets.

But sad for me and everyone we can’t give them more money for being fans and try for 12 shows.

Which stage of grief was thinking to yourself "Maybe I actually am a rube for keeping my subscription active all these years?"

Honestly I’ve been a subscriber since Elevation and the only time tickets weren’t easy-breezy was trying to get fall 2001 New York tickets, which I did not get (I even called some number and complained to an actual human … and in retrospect feel bad about even doing that, but I was crushed since I knew those shows would be special). I’ve always felt that it was worth it as U2 are the only artist who’s tour I will not miss. I see Springsteen frequently, but won’t die if I miss a tour.

U2 I would probably literally die. So that $60 a year keeps me alive.

I've actually really come around to this song recently! :lol:

Great bass-line and vibe, I loved that song when it came out, was on constant repeat on MTV for ages.

And that was also the debut of his new haircut which made my fellow class mates swoon.

This is so true! I've gotten tickets for face from fans on interference before. There are many great people on here!:heart:

we're not even in the official sale yet. I honestly think we'll be ok. Like yes, these are ground breaking shows for the biggest band in the world, but it's also Las Vegas which does require some sort of commitment to non-locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom