U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost like they should’ve used multiple seniority levels as they have for the previous 14 YEARS

All requests unfulfilled and on the verified fan wait-list. Ouch.

Now I wish I had hit the bullet and just done a hotel package.

It's really interesting reading the responses today. It does seem like the intention was that if you were in the ultra group, you'd get "something" ahead of those in the violet group, but clearly that didn't work.

The first three shows were naturally over-subscribed - but on the official forum, there were clearly people who were nervous about changing their selections to the new dates. At one point, even the mods didn't seem to know if this was right or not.

Some people who got tickets, have also been added to the verified fan presale today, so they can buy more tickets.

Always hard to get any objective read from this given people who lost out are more likely to complain, but it doesn't seem to have gone great....

The only way anyone from Ultra group should have been shut out and Violet group scored is if certain shows (likely the first ones) had more requests than available tix and others had less. Violet members should not have gotten tix for any show an Ultra member got denied. (No idea if this is happening, but if so TM again f'ed things up.)
Sorry to everyone who got unfulfilled. There should be a few more shows added last weekend of October and early November that you should be eligible to attempt to go for again.

The only way anyone from Ultra group should have been shut out and Violet group scored is if certain shows (likely the first ones) had more requests than available tix and others had less. Violet members should not have gotten tix for any show an Ultra member got denied. (No idea if this is happening, but if so TM again f'ed things up.)
Sorry to everyone who got unfulfilled. There should be a few more shows added last weekend of October and early November that you should be eligible to attempt to go for again.

Absolutely. Full pass through of every single Ultra request before the Violets. Doesn’t look like it happened.

To make matters worse, after the delay in announcing the dates they ultimately rushed this presale. I realize it’s all algorithm now but less than 12 hrs between the first notifications and the next round of presales gives them zero time to address screw ups in the manner that Pearl Jam did.

Absolutely. Full pass through of every single Ultra request before the Violets. Doesn’t look like it happened.

To make matters worse, after the delay in announcing the dates they ultimately rushed this presale. I realize it’s all algorithm now but less than 12 hrs between the first notifications and the next round of presales gives them zero time to address screw ups in the manner that Pearl Jam did.

Its peak U2 though.

I hate this shit. I was lucky enough to get 1 seat but again it’s insane we aren’t allowed all of us to be verified fans to try for tickets to 12 shows today.

I wanted GA. I wanted us all to get what we wanted.

But annoyed can’t try today for friends and myself.

Should have changed it so you could pick all shows by rank if desired and request tickets.

There was zero difference between Ultra and Violet. And I'm sure a lot of scalpers got U2.com memberships after the Superbowl to possibly get in early. They're not stupid. What's $50 bucks to them. Anyway, still glad for this site. There's always a chance someone will have extras willing to sell for face. Congrats to everyone who got them.:up:

I did have another look this morning at packages which are available for dates, with GA tickets, but as well as paying a premium for the hotel, it just makes the logistics even more difficult.

I had planned for us to fly out a day or two (depending on time zone & jet lag fun) before the show and drive up from Los Angeles. See the show, then fly back to the UK direct from Vegas the day after. I think that will all be easier to plan if book hotels myself.

Plus, why pay over the odds for that sort of thing unless you have to, its going to be expensive enough as it is.

There was zero difference between Ultra and Violet. And I'm sure a lot of scalpers got U2.com memberships after the Superbowl to possibly get in early. They're not stupid. What's $50 bucks to them.

Certainly seems that way. Zootopia started a thread for subs who got shut out. Maybe they’ll try to do *something*

Certainly seems that way. Zootopia started a thread for subs who got shut out. Maybe they’ll try to do *something*

Did they not do something like this before? I have vague memories of some other presale where you were asked to post on a thread and they did something to get people tickets?

That thread on Zootopia seems to be growing very fast!

There was zero difference between Ultra and Violet. And I'm sure a lot of scalpers got U2.com memberships after the Superbowl to possibly get in early. They're not stupid. What's $50 bucks to them. Anyway, still glad for this site. There's always a chance someone will have extras willing to sell for face. Congrats to everyone who got them.:up:
The issue is they ARE stupid if they did this - because it's pissing off longtime fans, and the scalpers who picked up late memberships are going to sell these things for a shit ton on StubHub.

It really seemed like such a good idea, shame the execution was botched. Unless you had a very narrow scope on your request there’s really no way an Ultra member should have not received tickets here… especially when there are folks in the Violet group who did. So what happened? I was fortunate enough to get tix but my first choice (where I selected GA only) didn’t go through, so who knows how the process worked.

I think which price tier(s) you selected had a lot to do with it. My guess is that more people selected the lower price tiers. If you were an Ultra member and only selected the lower tiers, you probably had more competition to get selected. So, I could see how a Violet member who selected the higher price points could have gotten tickets over an Ultra member who selected only the lower ones.

Now, if an Ultra member and a Violet member selected the same price points for the same show and the Violet member got it over the Ultra member, then I agree something is wrong there.

I think which price tier(s) you selected had a lot to do with it. My guess is that more people selected the lower price tiers.

If you were an Ultra member and only selected the lower tiers, you probably had more competition to get selected. So, I could see how a Violet member who selected the higher price points could have gotten tickets over an Ultra member who selected only the lower ones.

Now, if an Ultra member and a Violet member selected the same price points for the same show and the Violet member got it over the Ultra member, then I agree something is wrong there.
Yea I can see that as a reason why Ultras got shut out.

The issue is that there are a LOT of Violets who got the same ticket that I wanted to the shows I wanted.

And I don't want the band to take those back or anything like that. I'm happy for the legit fans, the ones here, who hopped on to u2.com last minute and scored seats.

But it still stings - especially when you absolutely know that a large number of scalpers did the same thing.

What the band SHOULD do is go in and cancel every single ticket already on StubHub, pull them back, and give them to Ultras who missed out.

What the band SHOULD do is go in and cancel every single ticket already on StubHub, pull them back, and give them to Ultras who missed out.

The fact there's tickets on StubHub before the presale has even finished should be a massive red flag to the fact that there's something fundamentally wrong here and ultimately they don't really care where the tickets end up so long as they're all getting paid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom