U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Times people! Just now. Or all emails went out 2 hours ago.

No word from presale Ticketmaster either.
So glad I’m vacation with only my iPhone

Mine was what seems to be with the main batch of GAs, I was just at dinner and didn’t have time to post. Not a new drop.

What I don’t understand is they say “all sales are final. No refunds.” on the confirmation page, but they seemed to swear there was resale at face value possible. Why not just accept refunds at that fact?

Got my GA ticket for the 20th. I want a cheap seat for the second show though, do I now just have to wait into general sale?

Yeah I think to get a ticket for a 2nd show you'll have to go general sale.

You just signed up for U2.com yesterday right?
So Violet group is scoring.
So just a matter of time for everyone else I bet. (Vegas/bet...see what I did there?)

Verified sale is NOON on east coast not 10am. Fuck.

Also every show is listed twice on my Ticketmaster app.

What I don’t understand is they say “all sales are final. No refunds.” on the confirmation page, but they seemed to swear there was resale at face value possible. Why not just accept refunds at that fact?

They won't let you return the tix, they will let you offer them up on their resale platform to another fan at face. Basically you assume the financial risk, not them.

f you registered, you will receive an email by the evening of Wednesday, April 26 letting you know if you will receive a unique access code or if you’ve been placed on the waitlist.
If you are verified and selected, you will also receive a text with your personal access code.

Yeah I think to get a ticket for a 2nd show you'll have to go general sale.

You just signed up for U2.com yesterday right?

So Violet group is scoring.

So just a matter of time for everyone else I bet. (Vegas/bet...see what I did there?)

I don’t think that’s true? I’m pretty sure if there are tickets to other shows available and you asked for 3 shows, you can get up to 3 shows, but you’ll only be held liable for paying for the first one. The process was clearly indicating a “maximum charge” which was for all 3 shows for me.

They won't let you return the tix, they will let you offer them up on their resale platform to another fan at face. Basically you assume the financial risk, not them.

Yes I understand. I just don’t see shows these days as a “financial risk” to them. This show, at face value, will sell out.

I don’t think that’s true? I’m pretty sure if there are tickets to other shows available and you asked for 3 shows, you can get up to 3 shows, but you’ll only be held liable for paying for the first one. The process was clearly indicating a “maximum charge” which was for all 3 shows for me.

Clearly stated:

Requests will only be fulfilled for up to one show and up to 4 tickets.

The max amount I assume was just a software thing or similar.

This is why I didn’t want 7 shows added now. If I get shut out not only did I miss lottery for those shows as I picked in first 5 but also that means 12 shows on sale at once which makes it harder sometimes not easier.

Yes I understand. I just don’t see shows these days as a “financial risk” to them. This show, at face value, will sell out.

Right. But if they allowed actual refunds, folks could buy tix and return them last minute if they decide trip is too expensive or whatever. It opens up a potential loophole for folks to buy no risk.
Ticketmaster has always said "all sales final/no refunds". Of course, there are refunds when the artist postpones or something but in general if there's no glitch to a show date or lineup, you can't just ask for your money back.

Clearly stated:

The max amount I assume was just a software thing or similar.

I feel like that doesn’t align with the language that was used in the reservation process, but I would trust whatever was outside of the reservation process first.

Either way, what you’ve quoted is the more respectful and appropriate process, so that’s good to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom