U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bon Jovi? Maybe they didn't see John singing this past tour... :huh:

Dude’s voice has been toast for at least a decade - check out the 12-12 benefit performance where he’s just making vowel sounds to try and get words out. Brutal.

aside from Joel - who has a direct connection with Madison Square Garden group through his multiyear residency at The Garden, all three of the others mentioned in this article are connected to Azoff.

another interesting tidbit (and not overly surprising) is the mention that one off shows aren't meant to really be profitable at this venue because the production cost is so high.

it's not an arena like MSG, T-Mobile, StapleCrypto.com ArenaCenter... there won't be a need for acts to bring in their own staging - the venue is the staging.

which goes back to a point i made earlier... one of the reasons why they may be ready to move forward with this in September whether Larry is ready or not is because of the cost of production, which is undoubtedly already underway.

Last edited:
Larry will be there solely to handle backing vocals for Numb.

and Get On Your Boots.

Dude’s voice has been toast for at least a decade - check out the 12-12 benefit performance where he’s just making vowel sounds to try and get words out. Brutal.

New Jersey was a big album for my in my teenage years. Alongside U2 and the Madchester stuff going on, there was also an Aerosmith, Guns n Roses and Bon Jovi thing happening. It didn't last long, but I liked the odd single they did...

Flash forward 30 years or so, its 2019 and a friend had a spare ticket for one of their UK shows so of course I jumped at the chance as they would be bound to play the "hits".

They put on a good show, but it was sad to see JBJ. He stood rooted to the spot gripping the mic for dear life while he struggled to sing with any sort of power, let alone range. Most of the band were contributing vocals in every single song which covered things up so to speak - so you still got a good version of each song, but without the proper lead vocal experience.

Obviously he's had issues for a while, but I didn't realise how bad it was. There's some really bad performances on YouTube from the last few years and I don't understand why the band/organisation are letting him go on. There's also some analysis showing stuff has been auto-tuned before release and some shenanigans going-on live which really isn't good.

Obviously he's had issues for a while, but I didn't realise how bad it was. There's some really bad performances on YouTube from the last few years and I don't understand why the band/organisation are letting him go on.

Because people are still showing up, unfortunately. He’ll be in Meatloaf territory soon.

I saw Bob Jovi play a muddy field with 70,000 Belgians more than 20 years ago.

We went ironically, and they were pretty great, honestly. He knew how to hold a crowd, and he and Richie tried their best to do the Jagger/Richard’s Bono/Edge thing. And the set list was actually pretty ballsy — song #3 was You Give Love a Bad Name and #4 was Living On a Prayer. They played for another 90+ minutes after getting by far their two most popular songs out of the way, which speaks to some depth in their catalogue.

Did somebody say Meatloaf territory?

8620d534eeb15c696d063193e95f4d8a.jpg

i would totally go see U2 And The Spice Girls On Acid.

Well, for the Spice Girls, I'd have to step into my time machine and go back to 96/97. And then I'd have to channel my 96/97 self, and be amazed at the line "if you wanna be my lover, you gotta "get" with my friends." I mean, how fucking awesome is that? Coincidentally, I stopped doing acid in '97. Wait. What are we talking about again?

Oh yes, those Bono pics are disturbing. I would have lost my shit if I saw those on acid. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom