U2 Tickets. Should I be concerned.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
I was having a wee doodle about on ticket sites yesterday. I went on the site where i bought 4 tickets for u2 in Glasgow.
Thing is, the site is now selling the tickets without the booking fees. This equates to £13.50 per ticket saving on the £150 tickets, and £8.50 saving on the £85 tickets.
Now.....maybe am being paranoid here, but generally speaking, i find that companies that are up plop creek without a paddle, do things like this to try and get lots of money in before declaring themselves out of business.
Does anyone else think it is a bit suspicious? :hmm:

Did you try and buy more tickets? How do you know they aren't charging booking fees? Those usually don't pop up until you go through the process...

Even if they do go out of business what are you worried about?

Well...the site is advertising the tickets as having "no booking fee" now. Bit of a pisser, considering I paid £25 in booking fees, for 3 tickets, from the same site wen i bought mine. This move is strange, as according to their site......

Why do you charge a booking fee?

The organisers of events do not pay for the services that we or any other ticket agency offer. Ticketline pay full price for the tickets they receive from the event organizers, who set the ticket price. The booking and processing fee is our only income which enables us to provide our customers with a great service

So....in effect, they are giving their service for free? Thats strange to me!
I would have thought it would be obvious why ad be worried sould they go out of business, as we will have no u2 tickets!:huh:

Oh....i do hope everything is ok thelaj. BUT....the last company i got suspicious about, which i even commented to the employees at the time that it sounded a bit concerning, well... the company ended up going bust not long after!

does seem odd. but if you have had positive experience with them in the past then you are probably OK.... friend of mine having a different concern here in the states.. purchasing dublin tickets from a craigslist listing...how do you know the tickets are "real".. i gave him a photo of my tickets as a gauge but still, I could not find anything online about how to spot fakes... how can you be sure... scary...

any insight on possible "fakes" is appreciated

I would have thought it would be obvious why ad be worried sould they go out of business, as we will have no u2 tickets!:huh:

damn! have they not sent the tix out yet then? that's leaving it late... i would contact them perhaps...

Aye mama, have no tickets as yet. Although, that is not unusual i find. I am Still waiting on My Bruce Spriingsteen tickets for the 14th July Glasgow gig to arrive, albeit from ticketbastard!
And to tbird, i have never bought tix from Ticketline before...so have no idea if they are reliable. It was a recommendation from someone on here that lead to me buying from them. Guess we will find out soon. Just seems a strange move to (according to their site) effectivley remove the charge, which was the companys ONLY income from selling the tickets:huh:

Back
Top Bottom