U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Frankly no. I can only assume its stubborness and they had placeholders for 8 LA dates and 6 Chicago dates because they assumed the demand would be there and are ignoring the fact that demand wasn't strong enough for 4 dates in both cities and still pushing forward...could lead to some embarrassingly half empty buildings on certain nights in those 2 markets.

I don't think we'll be seeing any large sections of empty seats by the time the shows occur. Eventually, U2/ LN / Ticketmaster is going to have to cut their losses and realize that $118 is too much to ask for a nosebleed seat, and that $595 is too much to ask for any ticket, and cut the prices to get these tickets sold. The entire problem is the prices. If we'd had Vertigo tour prices, all 8 LA shows, 6 Chicago shows would already be sold out.

I actually hope that demand is low for the 5th and 6th Chicago shows, because I'm going to try to score some GA tickets at the General sale!

Does anyone understand U2's strategy to announce extra dates in less strong markets? (L.A., Chicago, London). Wouldn't it be better to go for extra dates in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Cologne, Paris, Toronto, Vancouver or Turin?

It seems obvious that, at least for the arena leg, they wanted to travel as little as possible. Whether that's for financial reasons, personal reasons, or both, it's not really hard to understand. It is absolutely a bummer for people who aren't in that handful of major markets, though.

I thought these shows were going to be in pairs?? I deliberately got the 1st london show then i was getting either the 2nd or 4th becasue of this two show theroy.

Now theve just added one does this mean the two show theroy is out of the window?

With the band performing multiple shows as they stop in different cities through North America and Europe, Bono has described how the band plan to mix things up.

'We are going to try to have a completely different feeling from night one to night two and have some fun playing with the idea of innocence and experience. More to be revealed!'

Now im in two minds to get tickets for this one or wait until a 2nd date gets added?im already going to the first show so id prefer to see a different show

I'm pretty sure more dates will get added for those shows. For some reason, they decided to announce the original dates in pairs and the latest additional dates individually, but considering the demand - at least in European cities - I think it's save to assume that those shows won't be the only ones added.

Here's the official announcement:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/shows-added-london-barcelona

Cool, hope you got your desired tickets Brad. So I guess you're in the US for the summer are you? I was wondering which side of the Atlantic you'd be on.

Hi David!! :wave:

I'll probably be out of town for the summer, but thankfully, U2 has decided to bless LA with shows in late May/early June, before I leave!! :D

Are you in Oz now? ... Are you coming over??

According to the official site,theres tickets left for 3 LA gigs,2 Montreal gigs,1 Chicago show,2 Boston gigs,1 Stockholm,1 London and 1 Glasgow

This is without the new dates

Now all the other gigs may not be completely sold out but there easily 95% sold out. It dosent have to be a complete sell out for them to class it as a sell out

somehow someway there was a ticket drop for PHOENIX 1 and I managed to score one GA :hyper:

Now I have to trade it for a LA 2 or 3

yeah... I realised too late this :doh:

either I go with the guy that I'll trade a ticket with, and make him pass, then at the next concert he does that for me too... or I go to the Phoenix show.

I really screwed up big time.

My travel from San Francisco to Salt Lake City has gone to hell now :angry:

Did the new LA show go on sale? Hows the sales gone for that?

LA 5 seems to be about caught up to LA 1&2. Mostly upper corners left that are priced too high. Also, the $600 deluxe package seats aren't selling very well. I'd still say it's 90% sold, just from looking at the picture on ticketmaster.

They need to back those $118 nosebleeds down to the $80 price range, and then take thoses $600 tickets and shove them up their ass, and then we'd have a mostly sold out show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Seems like they can add more there then. Is it just the one extra now then?

Yeah, June 3rd is the only one they've added since the initial 4. There are rumors of LA shows being added on June 4th, 7th and 8th. However, I can't see the ones on the 7th and 8th taking place. They should instead do 2 shows in Vegas, Denver or Dallas on the 7th and 8th, as they work their way to Montreal on the 12th.

Hi David!! :wave:

I'll probably be out of town for the summer, but thankfully, U2 has decided to bless LA with shows in late May/early June, before I leave!! :D

Are you in Oz now? ... Are you coming over??

Hey Brad,

I'm in Austria at the moment, but will be heading back to Oz in a couple of months. No, no US trip for me this time unfortunately. Dates don't work out for me, as I couldn't wait around until May/June. But the Europe dates work out well, as I'll return to Austria in Nov. So I have GA tickets to Paris, & am hoping for some London shows too. Are you planning to be in Europe for the summer?

Hey Brad,

I'm in Austria at the moment, but will be heading back to Oz in a couple of months. No, no US trip for me this time unfortunately. Dates don't work out for me, as I couldn't wait around until May/June. But the Europe dates work out well, as I'll return to Austria in Nov. So I have GA tickets to Paris, & am hoping for some London shows too. Are you planning to be in Europe for the summer?

Hi, welcome to my beautiful country :sexywink:

(Now I understand what your avatar text is saying :lol:)

Do they sell the cheap tickets in the pre sale?because
Its got sold out on the pre sale o2 london website

my iNNOCENCE Group Pre-sale code just worked for the NY show on Jul 30 an hour before the actual time (11am EST instead of 12 EST) ...

Maybe a glitch in ticketmaster but those who want pre-sale tickets, no need to wait till 12pm EST!

Hey Brad,

Hey Dave!

You could try for some Berlin shows and we could have a mini Anaheim reunion :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom