U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my iNNOCENCE Group Pre-sale code just worked for the NY show on Jul 30 an hour before the actual time (11am EST instead of 12 EST) ...

Maybe a glitch in ticketmaster but those who want pre-sale tickets, no need to wait till 12pm EST!

The presale started at 10am EST.

From U2.com: "U2.com subscribers who have not yet used their unique pre-sale access code - or new subscribers - can take part in a ticket pre-sale for these additional two shows from tomorrow, Wednesday February 4th at 10am (for eXPERIENCE subscribers) and from Thursday, February 5th at 10am (for iNNOCENCE subscribers)."

That said, I was able to buy mine via innocence presale before 10am today. Soooo... definitely a glitch.

the u2.com site shows said 12pm est:

July 2 Chicago (United Center) and July 30 NYC (Madison Square Garden)
eXPERIENCE Group Pre-sale – Wed, Feb 4 (10am)
iNNOCENCE Group Pre-sale – Thurs, Feb 5 (12pm EST / 11am CST)
End Pre-sale – Fri, Feb 6 (5pm)
On sale London - Tues, Feb 10 (10am)

But yeah the email I got said 10am.

Grrr i wonder if anyone scored red zone tickets as they were all sold out by then. I was surprised at how easily I got GA tickets. There were tons still available around 11:30

The email I got from U2.com early this morning said Noon for the innocence pre-sale - but luckily I saw on the board that some were in before then so I went in and snagged a GA ticket for the 7/30 show. I saw on another board where someone was able to go in yesterday with their innocence code and buy a ticket.

Just got GA's for London 5. Tried AXS and Ticketmaster simultaneously. Was easy to get GA's through AXS whereas on Ticketmaster they were gone in seconds. I didn't even see an option to buy them.
Red Zones still available 7 minutes into sale though.

Got £55 tickets for london.seem to be selling very well,only the £90 and £165 seats left now

Nothing but expensive stuff left for London 5. Then again, I don't have the money for more shows, so I should probably be grateful the website didn't let me spend more money I don't have :p

Arghhh! Made the mistake of clicking 'Best Available', and I was offered 2 x Red Zone tickets, which I simply cannot afford. Released them, and hoped to be able to purchase some standing tickets, but alas, none available now except the seated tickets for a few hundred quid each. :(

Whens the 6th date coming then???:)

The days when the 2nd dates would get added an hour or so after the 1st went on sale seem long gone dont they?They want people to buy memberships now!

Are we all fairly certain that there will be a 6th date, then? :hmm: Really don't want to miss out! :sad:

Axs seems great for me. I get in the queue at 8.30 then it lets me on just after 9

There does seem to be alot of the £165 tickets left for the 5th london show. You can still get 6 together.

Axs seems great for me. I get in the queue at 8.30 then it lets me on just after 9

It's just luck on AXS. For busy shows more often than not you end up empty handed - it was much quieter (obviously) than the first 4 London shows. I don't like that queueing system, all my years of honing the fastest finger method on TM of no use now for the O2!

Just got GA's for London 5. Tried AXS and Ticketmaster simultaneously. Was easy to get GA's through AXS whereas on Ticketmaster they were gone in seconds. I didn't even see an option to buy them.
Red Zones still available 7 minutes into sale though.

Got my 2 GA's with only a few dramas. Was in the waiting line by 8:30, purchasing by 9:06. Still wouldn't bring up 2 GA's, so I tried for 1, with success, then went back in & purchased another. I hope there's no problems with 2 separate purchases, as the tickets are non-transferable & both tickets are on my CC. I want to be able to take my friend, not my clone.

Yeah, I tried the same thing, AXS & Ticketmaster simultaneously, with the same results. No option for GA's on Ticketmaster. I believe TM didn't have an allocation of GA tickets. This was the same for the previous London shows, no GA's on TM, even after getting to the purchasing stage right on 10am. As I didn't try AXS for the previous shows I was totally screwed.

So thanks to you, & others, who suggested AXS. Worked a treat this time around :D

Axs has worked both times for me. So when that 6th gig gets put on sale i will be using axs again

Maybe because the stage is that big for an arena,which means the GA allocation is going to be pretty small.the o2 arena are selling the tickets themselves.

Axs has worked both times for me. So when that 6th gig gets put on sale i will be using axs again

Maybe because the stage is that big for an arena,which means the GA allocation is going to be pretty small.the o2 arena are selling the tickets themselves.

its equally possible that they don't have the full dimensions of the stage yet so are underselling GA tickets...this happened on other tours recently...once they know that they'll put some more out

its equally possible that they don't have the full dimensions of the stage yet so are underselling GA tickets...this happened on other tours recently...once they know that they'll put some more out

You Could be right, i do check the site daily to get more GA tickets if they get released. Im persuming this wont happen until alot closer to the gig though?

You Could be right, i do check the site daily to get more GA tickets if they get released. Im persuming this wont happen until alot closer to the gig though?

depends on once the stage dimensions are known...which will be in a couple of months or so once they start rehearsing with the full set up.

It is entirely down to luck though and where they stick you in that queue. I've had plenty of cases where I've failed to get what I want (to start with anyway, a bit of patience and persistent checking generally comes up trumps).

As for the O2 itself, AXS get 70% of the tickets so for any show there they are the best bet. There was no option to even search for GA on TM so I assume AXS had all of those tickets.

I'd suspect they have undersold the floor, it's easy to move people around seats if needs be but they can't risk over-selling the floor (especially not with the strict capacity on any standing area in the UK). Same sort of thing happened when Gaga went on sale on her last tour, GA was next to impossible to get to start with while they worked out exactly where the stage would be and how big it would be, once that was sorted they came back on sale for all shows.

I'd suspect they have undersold the floor, it's easy to move people around seats if needs be but they can't risk over-selling the floor (especially not with the strict capacity on any standing area in the UK). Same sort of thing happened when Gaga went on sale on her last tour, GA was next to impossible to get to start with while they worked out exactly where the stage would be and how big it would be, once that was sorted they came back on sale for all shows.

I went to that Gaga gig with my wife and the staging did take up alot of the floor. So you maybe right about underselling the standing tickets. Ill be keeping an eye on the axs website anyway

Yeah, it's pretty normal to release a bunch of additional GA tickets for shows once the exact dimensions of the stage are known. It's been like that with most tours, U2 and others, in the past. But you have to stay aware, it's usually close to the event and tickets are gone quickly then.

Yeah, it's pretty normal to release a bunch of additional GA tickets for shows once the exact dimensions of the stage are known. It's been like that with most tours, U2 and others, in the past. But you have to stay aware, it's usually close to the event and tickets are gone quickly then.

Ive always noticed they get put on the arenas website aswell,not ticketmaster etc etc i maybe wrong though

oh that's all pretty interesting! :hmm: thought my Dad was pretty against going this time round (thought the new album was nothing special) so instead of a pair, I got a single ticket for 2 nights and I regretted it soon after haha so I'll be keeping an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom