U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got online prepared to do battle over GA tickets for Chicago 7/2. Then I realized… Chicago is an hour behind Ohio… ugh. I got all worked up for nothing, now I gotta kill an hour!

Seems like it is easier to score a GA (or a reasonable ticket in general) for MSG 7/30 than it has been for others, think we are beginning to near saturation...

Well TM did something with their online platform apparently. Searching for MSG tickets routinely took less than two minutes (before I was invariably told "High Demand No Matches!"). But I didn't get the ring of death, and ultimately scored a pair of GAs five minutes into the onside (after being shut out about ten times). And TM mobile was actually slower than online.

I pulled up 1 GA for Chicago just to see. I couldn't at all for any NY or Boston shows. That's the breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well TM did something with their online platform apparently. Searching for MSG tickets routinely took less than two minutes (before I was invariably told "High Demand No Matches!"). But I didn't get the ring of death, and ultimately scored a pair of GAs five minutes into the onside (after being shut out about ten times). And TM mobile was actually slower than online.

Or the demand just isn't as high as it once was

I pulled up 1 GA for Chicago just to see. I couldn't at all for any NY or Boston shows. That's the breaks.

What I find surprising is that you can still pull up Red Zone tickets for the 7/2 Chicago show. They're expensive but I figured they would get snapped up in the pre-sale - if not in the pre-sale then certainly by the scalpers.

Just did it again. Go get them Chicago. If it was CC entry I would get them as I don't know if I could go yet.

Chicago GA and RZ were available well after the general onsale in big quantities. And the regular seats are available everywhere. They overpriced so many of them but the promoters probably figure in time they will sell, which they probably will.

I wonder how much lower the demand is, due to the lack of promotion? Shit, I wouldn't have even known tickets were on sale if I wasn't on this site every day.

I'm sure that has a great deal to do with it. Once Bono and Co. start making appearances things will change again. Certainly a blessing for those who planned ahead. (And the July 2 Chicago date may have something to do with low demand there, since it's July 4 weekend).

I'm sure that has a great deal to do with it. Once Bono and Co. start making appearances things will change again. Certainly a blessing for those who planned ahead. (And the July 2 Chicago date may have something to do with low demand there, since it's July 4 weekend).

That weekend doesn't seem to be hurting the Grateful Dead... :wink: That *may* be a factor too, although it actually factored into one U2 pal of mine (not from Chicago) buying four GA for the 2nd, so I am not sure if its a good factor or a bad one. :)

Try as I might was never able to get any GA to any of the MSG shows except thru the pre-sale.

Red Zone also never came up for me.

Lots of lower bowl tix for the 7/30 show though.

LOTS of seats still available for Chicago 5. Other than GA floor, and the really cheap seats, you can pretty much take your pick of where you'd like to sit. This show probably won't sell out. I'll be VERY surprised if a 6th show is added. There is NO demand for it, really. Then again, the demand wasn't really there for this 5th show. But I was able to easily snag 4 GA tickets, so I'm not complaining!!! Although I'd be happier if they'd come to Ohio!

EDIT: I take that back, just looked, there are still several $40 tickets available. If anybody is looking for an easy show to get good tickets for, this is the one.

I can't believe the amount of $595 tickets they've made available for Chicago 5, even though they knew this would be a slow selling concert anyway. Those tickets aren't really selling for Chicago 4 either, people just don't want to pay that! Then you have the middle bowl, which is smaller than the upper and lower bowls in the United Center, priced at $300 per ticket. There are entire sections available at that price.

WHY THE HELL do they need to play so many shows in so few cities? Are their egos so big that they can't just be happy with 4 shows in Chicago, and then add a couple other midwest cities like Minneapolis, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburg, etc? I know, I know… stadium tour next year. But it'll be interesting to see what happens next year, because their biggest cities like Boston, Chicago, NYC, Montreal and LA will be pretty well saturated after this year's tour.

Yes, but Italy doesn't have many suitable arenas and the schedule is so tight that there's no room for more Turin shows. Shame, though, they would have sold well.

I can't believe the amount of $595 tickets they've made available for Chicago 5, even though they knew this would be a slow selling concert anyway. Those tickets aren't really selling for Chicago 4 either, people just don't want to pay that! Then you have the middle bowl, which is smaller than the upper and lower bowls in the United Center, priced at $300 per ticket. There are entire sections available at that price.

WHY THE HELL do they need to play so many shows in so few cities? Are their egos so big that they can't just be happy with 4 shows in Chicago, and then add a couple other midwest cities like Minneapolis, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburg, etc? I know, I know… stadium tour next year. But it'll be interesting to see what happens next year, because their biggest cities like Boston, Chicago, NYC, Montreal and LA will be pretty well saturated after this year's tour.

Do we know with 100% certainty that there will be more shows next year? Maybe they will just keep it small now

I think it's been said that it's the bands intention to tour in stadiums in. 2016.

I think in the US they'd be better off to stick with arenas and do some cities they aren't doing this tear

I think if they announce a big support act they could shift the remaining tickets. For example if noel gallagher was announced for europe then i think the rest of the tickets would fly out. Espcially the london ones.

Question: Were all the GA tickets paperless, or was there options for printable and hard tickets too?

Sent from my XT1254 using U2 Interference mobile app

Question: Were all the GA tickets paperless, or was there options for printable and hard tickets too?

Sent from my XT1254 using U2 Interference mobile app

In North America at least, they were all paperless except for the NYC shows - no paperless there so those were available as printable and hard tix.

In North America at least, they were all paperless except for the NYC shows - no paperless there so those were available as printable and hard tix.

Cool. Was wondering because those are the shows I'm interested in and I might get tickets on stubhub, and was wondering how that would work since they were paperless. But makes sense now that I know those shows had the other options too. Thanks :)

My credit card number got stolen like the 4th time in 10 years or so. Welcome to 2015. This time minor purchases online.

My point is I now will get a new CC and number. Sucks to update, etc. But it got me thinking again how CC ticketless entry works at U2. I don't have them since NYC is hard tix but if I had say a Chicago GA and this happened how doss one get in? I assume call ticket master and update card? Just seems like a recipe for disaster. I prefer hard tickets all the way.

My credit card number got stolen like the 4th time in 10 years or so. Welcome to 2015. This time minor purchases online.

My point is I now will get a new CC and number. Sucks to update, etc. But it got me thinking again how CC ticketless entry works at U2. I don't have them since NYC is hard tix but if I had say a Chicago GA and this happened how doss one get in? I assume call ticket master and update card? Just seems like a recipe for disaster. I prefer hard tickets all the way.

Keep the card that you purchased your tickets on. They match the tickets to the card number. Even if it's a defunct card.

(So glad I have hard tix....GA just seems like a huge pain in the ass this time around. Seats all the way. )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I like the idea of credit card entry to help keep tickets out of scalpers hands - just checked NYC for 1 show and there are about 50 GA and some Red Zone tickets for resale at ridiculous prices. But, it does make it really hard to trade or resell tickets to other fans. Not sure what a good solution looks like.

My credit card info was stolen in January. TM told me that I needed a letter from the card issuer stating that I would be getting a new card. So, I do have that notification to bring with me and I kept the old card just in case.

companies have the ability to have credit card companies automatically send updated card information when something like this happens, i would certainly hope that a company as large as ticketmaster, where they are requiring you to bring your card with you, has this technology

Off topic: When i buy stuff online with my CC i much enter a 8 letter / digit password before it goes through. Both Visa and Mastercard have this feature for me. Never had my CC info stolen from me.

Maybe been lucky but this password thing surely helps i think..

I just bought seats for Chicago1 on StubHub and am reminded for the hundredth time why I like hard tickets. Printing e-tickets makes me a nervous wreck. Not to mention I just feel more comfortable having a hard ticket when walking in the gate as opposed to a printout. *sigh*

I love technology but I am still so old school about things like this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom