U2 song to be played at your funeral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As odd as this may seem, I've planned out a funeral completely of U2 songs. "All I Want is You," "Walk On," then "Streets".

At 23, I think it's a little too young for me to be thinking about planning my funeral. But I think the only clear choice is:

Discotheque. Wouldn't that be a great last message to your friends and family? BOOM CHA!

ImOuttaControl said:
At 23, I think it's a little too young for me to be thinking about planning my funeral. But I think the only clear choice is:

Discotheque. Wouldn't that be a great last message to your friends and family? BOOM CHA!

Seriously, there should be songs like that on funerals. I'd go with Beautiful Day :D That would be a lot more 'moving' than some bland crap.

Ok, then if thats whats happening, the BOOM CHA shall be the lasting memory of me and my life as well. Imagine if U2 died after making the video? Great way to go:wink:

ZeroDude said:
Ok, then if thats whats happening, the BOOM CHA shall be the lasting memory of me and my life as well. Imagine if U2 died after making the video? Great way to go:wink:

Ummm..., I think Larry would come back and haunt people!

*k_i_t_e_86* said:
Wake up dead man :wink:

While we're being ironic, I was actually going to pick "Stay" until I thought that was kind of a lame message for someone who was already gone :huh:

Dunno... Vertigo because it really annoys my housemates!
Also, the full 25 minute version of Pink Floyd's Echoes.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Dunno... Vertigo because it really annoys my housemates!
Also, the full 25 minute version of Pink Floyd's Echoes.

what a scaring thread!

At my ceremony I'd like Tomorrow to be played...

The obvious tune would be their funereal dirge with Larry's tribal drumming juxtaposed against Bono's solitary uplifting lyric "Rejoice". The song of course is "Scarlet" from October. This song also happens to have the all time greatest guitar tone ever recorded by the Edge (or anyone else for that matter). Thinking about having that song played at your funeral almost makes you look forward to dying! (but not really)

Of course we all know what U2 songs are appropriate for funerals, so this would be my set:

1) Kite
2) Sometimes you can't make it on your own
3) One step closer to knowing
4) MLK
5) One
However i wouldnt wanna end on a cheesy note, so my finale would be:
6) Jumpin Jack Flash (Rolling Stones)

I want, hopefully, a celebration of my life and life in general, so beautiful day and walk on

Back
Top Bottom