U2 Slane Castle DVD. I get emotional every time!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzannern2321

The Fly
Can't wait for my upcoming concerts in Chicago (seats) and Milwaukee (GA). To enjoy my excitement, I love to play the DVD from Slane Castle. Every time I listen to them live or watch them in the DVD, I get totally emotional!!! Anyone else cry with happiness just from listening or watching them on stage?!!! I know I am absolutely crazy, and I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait for the shows!!! :hyper: :heart: :love: :wink:

Jesus, it's just the way during Elevation, the crowd doesn't seem to be touching the floor, it's beautiful.
During Kite when Bono cries... it's so sad :sad:

Just thought I'd join in cause I LOVE Slane Castle as well.

I was never really sure if Bono was actually crying...thats so sad!

I love the very end of AIWIY as it transitions into Streets and Bono is singing at the top of his lungs. I find that part extremely emotional!!

Slane's Mysterious Ways always puts a smile to my face, Bono dancing w/ his daughter is just too cool

good thing she didn't come w/ the bellydancer outfit:ohmy:

Another Slane thread---and they all deserve to be here. What an amazing DVD!

All I Want Is You --> Streets :drool: :drool: :drool: Can it get any better than the transition from that night?

Omg, that's the best bit of the DVD.... it's so emotional and when B runs around the stage and back to the audience, that's so cool.

Best bit of streets is when B sings; "And I can dance, dance, dance - in the burning rain!" - I love it.

Another good bit is the beginning of Walk On, I love that beginning :D

B is so :drool: all the way through :wink:

Everytime I see Larry walk out from behind the stage to go to the tip of the ellipse in the Slane DVD, the way he walks makes me think of Charlie's mother- played by Brenda Fricker- in "So I Married An Axe Murderer". I picture her saying to Larry in her scottish accent:

"You're a right sexy bastard aren't you?"

And then trying to kiss him the way she did Charlie's friend.

As for Bono in that DVD, I can't even go there with how amazing he looks. He smiles through the whole thing and melts any woman with a heart.

P.S. Brenda Fricker lives around the corner from my in-laws in Ireland. Someday I need to march up to her house and make her say that for me!

Yep Slane is the best so far of the live DVD's. And imagine watching it on a big screen TV like we just bought! I swear my husband bought that damn tv just to watch Slane on it!

longingforBono said:
And imagine watching it on a big screen TV like we just bought! I swear my husband bought that damn tv just to watch Slane on it!

Yup! When a few friends pitched in and got me a big(er than 19inches) tv for a wedding present, Slane was the first dvd I watched on it! :drool:

Total U2 Nut said:
Jesus, it's just the way during Elevation, the crowd doesn't seem to be touching the floor, it's beautiful.
During Kite when Bono cries... it's so sad :sad:

It is. Definitely. And the bit before when he's telling the little story about his and Edge's dads, and they laugh about it, but Edge looks so sad during the song too, and of course Bono cries and I cry, lol.

I absolutely love this DVD! Brings so many memories of the Summer. On 14th June the day before we saw U2 in Manchester we stumbled across a U2 fan party at the Hard Rock. We spent from 3pm till whenever it closed singing to that DVD over and over! They must have played it 3 times, aswell as the greatest hits twice. Was almost as good as seeing them live (almost). The atmos was electric even in there!

Can never have a Corona and lime and not think of Streets!

Ah man I was in Manchester that day and didn't know there was a party! I wish I'd gone, aww.

Back
Top Bottom