U2 seen filming in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While yes, it had been derailed (although it's not like people didn't just keep the regular conversation going right around those off-topic comments), no one is "arguing" anything about sexual orientation, so that's a really bizarre statement to make. There have been a handful of comments about Niceman's lingering angst over that old thread. And "FYM people"? wtf - those of us talking about it are all over this damned site.

But yes, by all means. Let's keep going with this current argument about ATYCLB and Pop for the bazillionth time. It's so fresh and exciting.

Now.

I hate everything U2 has ever done. Everything is greater than ATYCLB and everything is greater than Pop. I know 186,632 seven-year-old hipsters who think Big Girls Are Best is the greatest song ever, but only 53.3356 twenty-somethings who actually know who U2 are. 4 out of 7 kittens think that U2 are revisionist with their own history. The other 3 bit me when I asked.

Why are FYM people invading this part of the forum with their same old tired arguments? Sexual orientation. Again. For the bazillionth time. :yawn:

no, you're right. we probably should enact the segregation you recommend. people from FYM are capable of having mature discussions from time to time, and will often concede points, admit when they are wrong, don't call people "jerks" and "bullies" when it's clear they don't know what they're talking about, and occasionally learn something from each other's arguments.

not so much in here.

Bono was spotted outside some hotel in some city today, and when asked what the band had up their collective sleeve, he responded:

"From at over to, cat planet moonbeam shazzbot. NURPLE!"

True story.

Are you really suggesting that U2 set out on that massive stadium tour not believing in the material that they were playing? Not believing in the album they were playing 10 tracks off of? Even later in the tour, they were playing most of the album PLUS HMTMKMKM.

It's a matter of record that they knew they were in trouble. The recording sessions had gone on agonizingly long (they only wrote the chorus for "Last Night on Earth" the last night), the mastering process was a nightmare (songs weren't being mastered correctly, which means they hadn't been mixed properly, which means the recording process had gone awry), and they didn't know how to play the songs live. The lackluster chart performance of "Discotheque" ("Staring at the Sun" and "Last Night on Earth" had even leaner results) didn't help matters -- they spent the summer trying to find an elusive hit by re-recording "Please," and it didn't help. They clearly knew that much of the material was problematic, not just for the band but for the audience too -- quite early on they dropped "Do You Feel Loved" and "If God Will Send" from the set altogether, and by the third leg had dropped "Miami". They had to keep playing much of the set, because they had built an entire tour around it, but I think they knew the material didn't stand up. After all, the songs haven't endured in later tours -- for whatever reason, the band don't think they're that good. (Only "Discotheque," "Staring at the Sun" and "Gone" have appeared on later tours, primarily on Elevation.)

ETA: I would just like to point out that, in the time it took to write this post, the thread went crazy.

I hear that train a comin, comin round the bend, gonna derail this thread that has no clear end ..... Stuck in blue crack prison and time keeps movin on .... Can't wait until the next concert, too bad they're not going to San Anton ..... Oh I bet you there's blue crack addicts in those fancy dining cars, sippin on tons of bullshit, puffin on big cigars ....

That's all I can do, just think how much fun we should be havin if they would have just given us that stinkin newl album!!!! Better be 2012 boyz or else!

I hear that train a comin, comin round the bend, gonna derail this thread that has no clear end ..... Stuck in blue crack prison and time keeps movin on .... Can't wait until the next concert, too bad they're not going to San Anton ..... Oh I bet you there's blue crack addicts in those fancy dining cars, sippin on tons of bullshit, puffin on big cigars ....

Did you shoot a man in PLEBA, just to watch him die?

Goodnight folks, my send off:

I went out walking
Through streets paved with gold
Lifted some stones
Saw the skin and bones
Of a city without a soul
I went out walking
Under an atomic sky
Where the ground won't turn
And the rain it burns
Like the tears when I said goodbye

Yeah I went with nothing
Nothing but the thought of you
I went wandering

I went drifting
Through the capitals of tin
Where men can't walk
Or freely talk
And sons turn their fathers in
I stopped outside a church house
Where the citizens like to sit
They say they want the kingdom
But they don't want God in it

I went out riding
Down that old eight lane
I passed by a thousand signs
Looking for my own name

I went with nothing
But the thought you'd be there too
Looking for you

I went out there
In search of experience
To taste and to touch
And to feel as much
As a man can
Before he repents

I went out searching
Looking for one good man
A spirit who would not bend or break
Who would sit at his father's right hand
I went out walking
With a bible and a gun
The word of God lay heavy on my heart
I was sure I was the one
Now Jesus, don't you wait up
Jesus, I'll be home soon
Yeah I went out for the papers
Told her I'd be back by noon

Yeah I left with nothing
But the thought you'd be there too
Looking for you

Yeah I left with nothing
Nothing but the thought of you
I went wandering

Now that's a mashup, Cash and the Boys!

Can we somehow go back in time so I can take part in the Boy album discussion?

That was one of the best threads I have ever read.

I'm just going to post a couple of stupid random gifs that have nothing to do with the subject matter to make this thread complete

sgtFap.gif

titsorgtfobono.jpg

At first Niceman was like
DIXeQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Then he was

scared.gif

Let's get back to topic folks. Apparently, U2 has been seen in Atlanta, Germany, recently. Sources say they've just been on a business trip. My question: Was that necessary? I mean, did they really have to do that? :huh:

Let's get back to topic folks. Apparently, U2 has been seen in Atlanta, Germany, recently. Sources say they've just been on a business trip. My question: Was that necessary? I mean, did they really have to do that? :huh:

Were they flying on Soufwest Airlines? And who the fuck takes a business trip in the middle of a recession?

Back
Top Bottom