U2 Performing WITS Live...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought it was good. i wish there was the regular bono voice in the background during the "for every broken heart.." while the falsetto and bono's singing of that verse. thats the best part of the song, but i guess its impossible for bono to sing twice at once anyway.

still good nonetheless.

I thought Bono nailed it totally. Visuals a bit boring. I am now annoyed that they won't give us a live version on the Single release!!!

Sounded fuckin fantastic , really different sound in like a show

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I agree with laj...I thought the B-man really handled it well. I'm sure it'll get better with each subsequent show. :yes:

:wave: Hi RTD, I agree with you, with practice and few changes, this song will be soaring....although I still liked the way it sounded.

Yes, WITS is doing very well on the charts. It reached number one on the US triple A chart today, and is now at number 29 on the Hot adult contemporary chart.

U2freakboy said:
Yes, WITS is doing very well on the charts. It reached number one on the US triple A chart today, and is now at number 29 on the Hot adult contemporary chart.

What is the triple A chart?

The performance was so flat. There was no energy behind it and I'm not sure how to fix that. Visual boring as well. The studio production hides the fact that Window isn't a very exciting or energetic song. The layers of vocals can't be replicated and that seems to be the appeal of the song. U2 could have problems if the song stays this way live. :shrug:

Lets get Thom Yorke on stage to sing it maybe you people will enjoy it a little bit better *tries to hide sarcasm*

Thom Yorke singing Fake Plastic Trees? :wink:

It sounds pretty good for a first performance. It's a shame there are only a couple of shows left on the tour for them to work at it. But I'm thrilled about the prospect of hearing it live in Hawaii.

Screwtape2 said:
The performance was so flat. There was no energy behind it and I'm not sure how to fix that. Visual boring as well. The studio production hides the fact that Window isn't a very exciting or energetic song. The layers of vocals can't be replicated and that seems to be the appeal of the song. U2 could have problems if the song stays this way live. :shrug:
why when some people here actually enjoyed the clip? fair enough if you dont like it, but others do, so just because a few people dont like it, dosent mean "they will have problems"

Screwtape2 said:

Let Edge do a mammoth guitar part like One Tree Hill during the middle of the song and open up the rest of his guitar parts by making them sound more rock with a grove if that makes any sense.:|

ndmaxfield said:
Check out the clip of this same performance on U2log.com

You'll see that it's Edge, and not Bono, hitting those high notes ("oh can't you see...").

Bono seems to chime in, and then chime out, on these lines.
Damn. You're right. For a moment there I thought Bono could at least hit the old falsetto again. Guess I was wrong...

Slapnutz said:

Damn. You're right. For a moment there I thought Bono could at least hit the old falsetto again. Guess I was wrong...

well Bono did it on the studio version and I've heard Bono do a nice falsetto plenty of times on Vertigo tour, so it's not like he's incapable of it altogether :shrug:

I thought it was solid. Not perfect, but it's the first time they've played it. It'll get better...I just wonder if it'll carry over to the next tour or if the few remaining dates on Vertigo will be the only times we see it live

Slapnutz said:

bono comes in with "what love has done" in falsetto

KUEFC09U2 said:
why when some people here actually enjoyed the clip? fair enough if you dont like it, but others do, so just because a few people dont like it, dosent mean "they will have problems"

I mean when the people who U218 is aimed at hear this song I'm not sure they will be impressed by the live version of the song. It is just so flat for a single. Of course it is hard to predict what people will think but if the difference between buying or not buying U218 is a person's impression of the live version, there could be a problem.

thelaj said:
They really need to spruce up that visual. Interesting that Saints was dropped for WITS in Japan II...

Best setlist decision in a long time IMO.

Screwtape2 said:

Thats what i thought,very boring indeed!

Screwtape2 said:

I mean when the people who U218 is aimed at hear this song I'm not sure they will be impressed by the live version of the song. It is just so flat for a single. Of course it is hard to predict what people will think but if the difference between buying or not buying U218 is a person's impression of the live version, there could be a problem.

You're not making sense...even if I believed it was flat, which I don't, how many concerts have U2 left on this tour anyway? Their next tour maybe in two years time. :confused:

Screwtape2 said:

TV appearances. The single doesn't come out until January and around that time I suspect U2 pops up on a couple shows.

Well why don't you wait until you've actually seen a TV appearance before criticising? :shrug:

Let me guess...you just don't like the song.

The second night's version is on Youtube now.
Different visuals, and a better performance.

very good in 2 night....much better than in first night in Tokyo....

and today at 20.00 (local hour) Window and Vertigo live on Japan tv!!!!

better the second night definetly.

but still doesn't sound that great live.

lovin' the tune though, got the damn thing stuck in my head all day

Back
Top Bottom