U2 on your radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard Red Hill Mining Town on a normal AAA-style radio station (KGSR - it's awesome) in Austin while driving home this evening. I've never been a big fan of the song, but I couldn't resist singing along the whole time. I think my like for that song has been restored.

I heard Red Hill Mining Town on a normal AAA-style radio station (KGSR - it's awesome) in Austin while driving home this evening. I've never been a big fan of the song, but I couldn't resist singing along the whole time. I think my like for that song has been restored.

How I wish I heard Red Hill Mining Town on the radio one day!

There's a 3h show on our main radio and every day dj picks one classic album of the day.Today it was "War" and he played the whole album during his show.

Where The Streets Have No Name yesterday. Full version, too. I got excited.

:up:

I remember hearing Streets once (!) on the radio. It played the whole concert from Popmart tour - otherwise I would probably never have heard it on the radio.

WOWY and Rise Above recently.

On a couple of stations, they play Mysterious Ways, but they play the version that changes the "She sees the man inside the child" part (Best of 1990-2000 version maybe?). I don't know why.

I've heard One Tree Hill and Gloria over the past couple of days. WXRT always respects early U2 though, so Gloria wasn't a massive surprise.

After Rise Above appeared on the charts as #5 last night, the presenters announced that during the next audition they would play two U2 songs which had never been played on the radio before.
I was lucky to hear Walk To The Water and Dancing Barefoot. :heart:
There were more rarities played on Monday to celebrate The Edge's Birthday but I missed the whole broadcast :(

Last night at a grad party at 2 in the morning, I heard UTEOTW come on the classic rock station they were playing on the speakers. That was the first time I ever heard it played on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom