U2 at The Culture Show BBC Two - Cue Culture: the interference culture show evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NLOTH1 FTW. Glad they're performing the album version live, for the time being at least.

+2

There are enough fast-paced rock songs - Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, etc. NLOTH2 would be redundant. There aren't too many songs like the album version of NLOTH.

+2

There are enough fast-paced rock songs - Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, etc. NLOTH2 would be redundant. There aren't too many songs like the album version of NLOTH.

Exactly. Plus, I would argue that when Edge's guitar kicks in at 3:05...that rocks harder than anything in NLOTH2. It's bordering on Sonic Youth-esque dissonance.

Heh, just got the first comment on NLOTH:

"this album is a major disappointment"

I am glad people take the time to make such comments :heart:

Wow, NLOTH sounds amazing live! Hearing this, along with yesterday's live version of Breathe, makes me think the rest of the album's gonna work much better than Boots does live (and I actually do like Boots a lot!)

I hope Bono's voice holds up 'till they tour the USA, 'cause the way he's belting out those tunes... :drool:

The rest of the band sounds great, too. Especially Adam and Larry -- the songs are a great showcase for 'em, and they're really stepping up to the plate!

I thought it sounded more like NLOTH2, at least with the intro. Breathe and NLOTH sound fantastic live right out of the gate. Boots still seems to be taking shape live and they are going to have to play their way into it. But I think the band is sounding great. Thanks to those who posted the audio. You all are champs.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but after hearing the interview, with Edge playing some acoustic 'Boots' does anyone else think this song may play well in the same fashion that 'Desire' was done so well on the Elevation in Boston DVD?

This was basically a polished studio jam, so I am not surprised the "let me in the sound" was different to usual. I personally felt it worked better than the four previous attempts.

As for doing it like acoustic Desire I can't agree - that version removed all power from the song, and Boots is an electro-rocker - even less suited to acoustic form than Desire was.

This was basically a polished studio jam, so I am not surprised the "let me in the sound" was different to usual. I personally felt it worked better than the four previous attempts.

As for doing it like acoustic Desire I can't agree - that version removed all power from the song, and Boots is an electro-rocker - even less suited to acoustic form than Desire was.

I thought that it was the best version of GOYB until the 'let me in the sound' part. But it was pretty good :hyper::hyper::hyper: and no words for Breath and NLOTH! :cute::cute::heart:

Have we seen any more of live Magnificent yet except for the bit of rehearsal video at the French program?

Have we seen any more of live Magnificent yet except for the bit of rehearsal video at the French program?

No, but I am hoping BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge and/or Jonathan Ross might feature that song.

It seems to me that they see the four "big tracks" from the album as

Boots
Magnificent
Breathe
NLOTH

Purely based on these initial performances of course :reject:

(to UK people) I've wondering , I always listen to Kermode's reviews on Five Live's Mayo show, and it is really funny how much he hates U2. Does he intervene in the show if it's not film centric? Is it bound to appear on friday?
That would be a really funny moment I've been waiting to happen

-as i read the thread, it advanced in pages # at amazing speed....as usual I appear to be a great thread killer....-

ok, this is absolutely incredible...Bono's voice :drool:

seriously, really listen to this performance, particularly Bono's voice...when was the last time he could pull something like this off? Has he ever been able to do something like this before? I'm not so sure....this is truly remarkable, these vocals...holy shit. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom