U2 at The Culture Show BBC Two - Cue Culture: the interference culture show evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What does age matter when they are still making awesome, relevant music. The big thing is they dont sound like 50 year olds seeking one more day in the sun. They are as potent as ever

phew, thank god you liked it I was fearing more generic snarky posts

I am just telling it like it is Salome. Sorry that it doesnt please some people but faith needs to be tested I believe otherwise it is just to easy. :wink:
I still feel boots is a weak song for such a good band but it sounded pretty good and they sound rather fresh again which is a relief after well you know:shh:

F**K!
That version of NLOTH was the most rocking thing I think I've ever seen them do!
Bono's voice was so so so much better than in any of the other versions of Boots.
His voice in the bridge of NLOTH was amazingly good. Wow also to the Let me in the sound bit on Boots...

Jesus, they sound good in that studio. I think Bono just seems more relaxed and less breathless...

I'm honestly shocked, in a good way... Cannot wait for the extended version on Friday, this is U2 heaven...:drool:

my god they are 60 then :|

500466-1.jpg

:happy:

I am just telling it like it is Salome. Sorry that it doesnt please some people but faith needs to be tested I believe otherwise it is just to easy. :wink:
I don't mind my 'faith' being tested
I mind that you're getting annoying :wink:

What does age matter when they are still making awesome, relevant music. The big thing is they dont sound like 50 year olds seeking one more day in the sun. They are as potent as ever

I really do not want to hear bono screaming sexy boots when he is 60 years old. It is allready beginning to get a bit ridiculous sometimes with his getting 18 year old girls on stage but he is a man, he is a rockstar and he looks pretty cool still. What I would love to see is that they shy way from the rock n roll and slowly begin to stray on a more reflective road. there are signs on no line that htey will. I really hope they will because I have too much respect for Bono to watch him Mick Jagger himself to relevance-oblivion

I don't mind my 'faith' being tested
I mind that you're getting annoying :wink:

annoying is such an overated word. Their are thousands of people here ready to pimp up your u2love, enjoy their company and tweek that radar of yors a bit whenever you see something you do not like. It is not that I am offending people like a lot of the fans here do anyway .:beer:

So so so true. Isn't that what Bono was talking about in the BBC 4 interview? It's only rock & roll and pop culture really that is so obsessed with youth. With any other form of art (including music), you can get better with age. U2 is definitely in that tradition. They have gotten much better over time, and IMO there's no reason to disbelieve they will continue to do so for the time being.

Besides, they're only in their 40s. For pop stars that might be old, but for artists generally that's still pretty young.

So so so true. Isn't that what Bono was talking about in the BBC 4 interview? It's only rock & roll and pop culture really that is so obsessed with youth. With any other form of art (including music), you can get better with age. U2 is definitely in that tradition. They have gotten much better over time, and IMO there's no reason to disbelieve they will continue to do so for the time being.

Besides, they're only in their 40s. For pop stars that might be old, but for artists generally that's still pretty young.

I agree with the age stuff, 100%, but I don't when you say they are getting better with age. Please have a look at Red rocks or R&H video... and this doesn't mean that they are bad, they are still damn good, but it means that they are honestly not better.

Nah, Larry at 60 will look like Larry at 40 or 30. Dude dont age. :| Hes like some beautiful freak. :D

I was watching the show and thought:Adam really looks the best actually. larry has become old recently. Also on the BBC-site. he is not 14 anymore that is for sure. Oh before someone might get in their creative defensive little head to post someting like. he looks great and beter than most 46 year olds, lets see you etc etc. you are absolutely right. :up:

adam looks by far the best still, the coolest too. like a cool granddad or something

And they are still young.

I think that is fairly debatable :lol: I consider myself young, they are the age of my parents, who are past middle-age now - but does this impact the music? No. Does it change my opinion about the band in any way? Nope. So I think the argument is fairly redundant, if the music is great (and it is) what does is matter how old they are? Singing Boots will only be obscene when Bono shuffles onstage with his zimmer-frame :wink:

Back
Top Bottom