U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I almost feel worse for Jimmy than I feel for Bono right now. I'm sure Bono's in good hands and will be fine. But how do you book replacements on such a big show on such a short notice if your residence band can't perform? IMO, the other three band members should make some kind of appearance at least.

I hope Bono gets better soon and will be able to perform again. He can have his arm bandaged and all, he should still be able to sing.

As mentioned, a show of this caliber always has backup guests ready, and musical guests are a dime a dozen. They'll be fine.... Less impressive, but fine.

Feel bad for the writers, if anyone. I'm sure they've got ideas floating around, but you know they'll be rewriting the skits for tonight.

For those of you who want to put an end to the question what are these different types of "rock":

Flying in a jet and having the luggage door fall off mid flight....Punk Rock!

Falling off a bicycle while riding in a park and breaking your arm.....Dad Rock!

U2 is neither and Bono is both.

End of conversation.

For the record, Kurt Russell would have still played Fallon with a broken arm!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

For the record, Kurt Russell would have still played Fallon with a broken arm!

Coming directly out of surgery, really?

Come on. I'm sure Bono will be on stage rather sooner than later and I'm sure he's upset about all of this happening. He can sing with an injured arm, but today would be a little too early if he just underwent surgery.

I think chance of them doing a full week on Fallon is almost 0%.

Holidays are upon us. Shows take pretty large breaks and play reruns, and when they aren't, they have a lot of pre-planned holiday stuff happening.

And remember, U2 may well have had other U.S. promo engagements lined up after Fallon, which now may or may not happen.

I think, the tour will obviously be fine, but the album and any future singles are probably now officially toast.

This was a long time for them to wait and do any U.S. promotion as it was. Now, the one shot of having EBW get a big introduction, and get people interested, is gone.

My guess is that SOI will go down in history the same way POP did. A true gem that is appreciated by fans, and may be appreciated critically a decade from now. But now is not its time.

I understand he had surgery, but you would think that tonight they could have adjusted the format on Fallon. Done an interview and acoustic number sitting on the couch. Made fun of him falling off the bike. And then as the week went on, he would be ready to rock.

Ugh. just sucks. I was really looking forward to it.

Holidays are upon us. Shows take pretty large breaks and play reruns, and when they aren't, they have a lot of pre-planned holiday stuff happening.

And remember, U2 may well have had other U.S. promo engagements lined up after Fallon, which now may or may not happen.

I think, the tour will obviously be fine, but the album and any future singles are probably now officially toast.

This was a long time for them to wait and do any U.S. promotion as it was. Now, the one shot of having EBW get a big introduction, and get people interested, is gone.

My guess is that SOI will go down in history the same way POP did. A true gem that is appreciated by fans, and may be appreciated critically a decade from now. But now is not its time.

I understand he had surgery, but you would think that tonight they could have adjusted the format on Fallon. Done an interview and acoustic number sitting on the couch. Made fun of him falling off the bike. And then as the week went on, he would be ready to rock.

So would you go straight back to work on the day you just underwent surgery?

Have you ever had surgery? Because, yeah, no one would be able to do a show the day they had surgery.

So would you go straight back to work on the day you just underwent surgery?

It depends. I'm a manager at a small company editing music and vocal tracks.
I do not have a multi-mulit-million dollar tour to announce, nor did I just release an album that has been touted all over Europe but hasn't had any promotion in the U.S.

I thought he had surgery yesterday. If it's today, I understand.
I guess I would think that doing 4 or even 3 days on Fallon would be better than none.

I know of two women basketball coaches that gave birth and were back to coaching a big game on the same day. Crazier things have happened.

its the selfish fan in me, I know. Just disappointed.

And yes, I've had surgery. Major surgery. I get the cancellation. I guess I figured "surgery" meant putting a pin in the arm or something, which I can't attest to, but I'm sure not the same as having something much more intensive. I hope they can find another time soon to be on.

The fact is that this critically impacts SOI promo in the most critical moment for its promotion (it's been already 2 months since launch, and no serious promo was done in the US... that's a good way to have the album flopping all the way).

It depends. I'm a manager at a small company editing music and vocal tracks.
I do not have a multi-mulit-million dollar tour to announce, nor did I just release an album that has been touted all over Europe but hasn't had any promotion in the U.S.

I thought he had surgery yesterday. If it's today, I understand.
I guess I would think that doing 4 or even 3 days on Fallon would be better than none.

I know of two women basketball coaches that gave birth and were back to coaching a big game on the same day. Crazier things have happened.

its the selfish fan in me, I know. Just disappointed.

And yes, I've had surgery. Major surgery. I get the cancellation. I guess I figured "surgery" meant putting a pin in the arm or something, which I can't attest to, but I'm sure not the same as having something much more intensive. I hope they can find another time soon to be on.

They tend to, ya know, not do surgery the same day as the accident unless it's life threatening... so I highly doubt he fell off the bike and went straight to the OR.

Your point on the promo for this album being in shambles is valid. Your disappointment? Also valid. The idea that he should have sucked it up and played anyways is a tad silly.

They tend to, ya know, not do surgery the same day as the accident unless it's life threatening... so I highly doubt he fell off the bike and went straight to the OR.

Your point on the promo for this album being in shambles is valid. Your disappointment? Also valid. The idea that he should have sucked it up and played anyways is a tad silly.

Agreed. I know it is selfish and silly. But also thought how badass it would be. LOL.

I will stop with my bitching, and hope Jimmy is able to free up some space soon.

I think Fallon should still have U2 week, get a bunch of bands to belt out U2 covers every night.

Oh, or invite a bunch of "tribute" bands with the look-a-likes playing dress up, in keeping with the skit/comedy spirit of his show.

It'll still be interesting to see what Fallon does tonight. I'll watch it, it's either that or my usual nightly netflix binging.

I wonder if they'll reschedule the residency around the KROQ appearance (December 9-13 or December 16-20).

Bono's fine. It's all a joke. Band will play all week long as planned. Calling it now.

Back
Top Bottom