U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2roolz

The Fly
U2 on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Monday November 17 - Friday November 21

https://twitter.com/FallonTonight

I heard Jimmy Fallon just announce this in his opening monologue. The only place that this appears right now on his Twitter page. It's nice to know that U2 is doing some U.S. press right before the predicted on sale dates.

Mods, please move if this is in the wrong place or maybe it's written somewhere else. LOL

Let's guess the songs:

The Miracle
Every Breaking Wave
Song for Someone
Volcano
Beautiful Day

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

That's GREAT news, thanks :)

I guess - also according to all the rumors - the tour dates will be announced that week in November, at least the North American ones.

You forgot Stuck in a Moment, probably in place of Volcano.

I really....REALLY hope they don't do acoustic performances. I would be okay with an acoustic EBW(I would prefer full band) but they need to do what U2 does best!

Edge is not the Edge acoustically, they need to let him out of his cage!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is it possible they could reach out to Lykke Li and have her join them for one night? *hint hint*

I really....REALLY hope they don't do acoustic performances. I would be okay with an acoustic EBW(I would prefer full band) but they need to do what U2 does best!

Edge is not the Edge acoustically, they need to let him out of his cage!

After the way Fallon gushed over the Ordinary Love couch performance, all they are taking on the plane is 1 acoustic guitar, one tambourine, a set of maracas, Bono's 80's hat and a pastry chef.

After the way Fallon gushed over the Ordinary Love couch performance, all they are taking on the plane is 1 acoustic guitar, one tambourine, a set of maracas, Bono's 80's hat and a pastry chef.

:lol::applaud:

What again?

How does playing for essentially the same audience 5 nights in a row get you anything? They should spread the love around.

In the US, Jimmy Fallon is pretty much the biggest thing going. The audience they're reaching is enormous.

cmt-medium.gif

srgdf_zpsaf130830.gif

In the US, Jimmy Fallon is pretty much the biggest thing going. The audience they're reaching is enormous.

I know, but wouldn't the audience more or less be the same for those five nights? I understand that Fallon is a fan and they like him, but it seems to me you could reach more people (meaning a more diverse group) by doing the rounds on different shows (i.e. Kimmel, Conan, Letterman, et. al.) But perhaps there's some kind of dynamic with competition in scheduling between these shows that keeps them for doing this....or maybe a connection with NBC/Universal I'm unaware of.

Will they play on the roof again? It'll be pretty cold in NYC in mid November, might as well!!!!

Very excited about the tour announcement. It's funny to think that 2 months ago we didn't even know if we were getting an album, we only had a gleam of hope that they MIGHT be debuting a new single at the apple convention.

Feast or famine!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom