Turin #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what you call the guitar or synths.

Anyway, if we're counting the 1993 versions as full performances, this is too. It's longer!

There was sound but not music. I'd count it as full IF they'd played anything with their instruments and resembling the original song.

Length certainly does play a factor, but is outweighed by the criteria above. Although, I never felt the 93' version was a full song.

Geez I hate to think what you'd call a large chunk of my music collection then.

Sorry, sound collection.

I'm sure you have terrific taste in sounds ?

I just watched it again. It is really long, and phenomenal. I watched with my better half and she said it wasn't the full song, but an interlude.

Watching it the second time inched me closer to full song but still...

My yearbook quote: "Uncertainty can be a guiding light."

That was my yearbook quote too! I graduated more than 2 years ago, so 20 years after Zooropa came out

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The segue into Streets was great, but it s also hard for me to call Zooropa a full band performance...... I would put it as a snippet. Anyway, the best song yesterday was Bullet the blue sky. Sick sick song played that way. I love it.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Wow I loved the segue into streets and he is finally singling most of the original lyrics again, welcome back U2 miss you so much when you go away

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The segue into Streets was great, but it s also hard for me to call Zooropa a full band performance...... I would put it as a snippet. Anyway, the best song yesterday was Bullet the blue sky. Sick sick song played that way. I love it.

The u2.com writeup mentions it as Zooropa's tour debut and it is on their setlist as a song.

I know they called it as a song. 93 sounded like Zooropa. Yesterday not really and missing most of the lyrics. I am not going to argue about calling it a song or not, I don t care. Good segue into Streets but poor Zooropa performance.....

Imo whole October-BTBS-Zooropa-Streets run is now on par with SBS-RBW-UTEOTW-Fly interlude-Invisible in terms of flow.
Feeding off this Zoo TV vibe, love it.

I don't care if Zooropa was a snippet, w/o instruments or whatever it sounds amazing and seems like the best way to introduce Streets at the moment, hope they stick with it.
Plus I still feel like a reinvented Twilight could fit somewhere in this 'dark' part of the show.

am sorry to hear Zooropa's not the "real deal" but will try and avoid hearing any recordings til London. judging by people's reactions it does sound like an extended snippet as an intro rather than a performance of the song in it's own right, but I can't wait to hear it.

Here's the YouTube video that everyone was asking for:

I'm liking this more and more.

Last edited:
Hmm I side with Axver. Bullet ends. The music during Zooropa is totally different. Bono sings a solid, what, 60-70% of the lyrics? I don't think you can call something a snippet if the music is different and it goes for over two minutes. It's not a "full performance", no, but we'll never get a full performance of Zooropa; the studio version is six minutes long split into three parts, the first of which works on the album of course but probably wouldn't live. So to call it a snippet just because it's not a full performance is stupid. And the "it doesn't sound like Zooropa musically" argument is stupid as well. It's just a re-working. Does Running to Stand Still on ZooTV not count as a performance of Running to Stand Still? That's completely different to the studio version and all other live renditions. I'd list it as a stand-alone song. In the end it falls somewhere in between snippet and full song, but much closer to the latter.

I don´t know why are you arguing about, wheter it is a full song or not, it doesn´t matter. It matters only if it works or not. And it does pretty well. I wonder if the strings are prerecorded or not. I thought I heard Edge´s guitar in the background. Perhaps it is triggered by it.

Being a different version still doesn't make it a snippet ffs :D otherwise their cover of "Night and Day" would be a snippet. It's clearly a "proper" song - and what a segue into Streets. Hope that's still there for London

The bootleg of the horrible show is fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

PS. Can someone start a poll where we vote on whether it's a snippet or not? I need this information for my data analysis.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

That video is awesome, damn.

So bummed it took them this long to figure out Streets on this tour, but I'm sure as hell glad they did.

They were clearly reading Interference.

For the entire Elevation tour they played Wake Up Dead Man incomplete and no one bats an eyelid. Heck...Bono doesn't even sing New Year's Day in its entirety.

MY WHOLE LIFE IS A SHAM!

Back
Top Bottom