Top Chef...season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep catching the rerun of the double elimination, but I keep missing the end. :banghead:Hopefully, I'll actually see it before the new episode airs tonigt.

I think Radhika looked like...

deerpic1.jpg

a deer in headlights last night. And can Carla make any dessert? She's been on the chopping block so many times. She should be leaving soon as well. When the contestants have problems in the kitchen, such as the freezer not working, do you think it's deliberately set up that way as an obstacle, or just something that happened & they have to deal with it? Seems a bit unfair in a sense that the kitchens may not be even (were freezers in both kitchens not working, or do they take turns using one kitchen). I mean how would Carla know 4 hours in advance (during prep) that the yogurt wouldn't freeze? And you only buy so many ingredients to fit your menu/budget, how can you change much? I dunno :|

I agree...I felt Carla should have gone home last night based solely on her goofy answer she gave to the judges..."I am just gonna send some love out to the table" :huh:

Carla sounded dumb as a post, and I'm convinced she can barely make anything edible but in Restaurant Wars episodes, being the lead is deadly when you lose so I wasn't very surprised. I did really like Radhika, though.

I really liked Radhika and was hoping they'd do the right thing and boot Carla for being annoying and making two crappy desserts. Radhika dropped the ball in a big way, too.

Oh well.

I think that even though Leah's team won, she still should've gone home. How can you undercook fish at this stage in the game? That was the only dish the judges sent back from either team. I think that should've said something.

Next week's episode looks really fun, with the "all-stars" from previous seasons coming back. I don't like that Jamie looks like she's struggling in it, though, because she's my favorite. I want her to beat Stefan once and for all. He's so creepy!

I was wondering if they were gonna pick out the worst from both teams, instead of how they pick one team over the other. Leah should have been in the bottom too. She did nothing the prior week when Arianne was sent home.

I really like Radhika and am bummed she was sent home, although she made it further than I thought she would. I think Carla should have gone home. Her food seemed inedible, then she blurts out that bizarre speech about "sending out some love" or whatever. :blahblah: It was painful to listen to. Plus I think I could deal with an awkward host better than inedible food.

I can't stand Leah and am ready for her to go. And I could really do without the "drama" of her and whatshisname making out on the couch. :doh:

My guess for who will go home tonight is either Carla or Leah. I should really DVR this since I have to work tomorrow, but it's tutoring and not teaching, so it's not like I have to be that awake :lol:

Of course not! I like Fabio too...but I wonder how good a chef he really is...I have yet to see anything outstanding that he has done on this show...It just seemed to me that Jeff was much more inovative, which may have led to his downfall... IMO Carla is the weakest chef

Will I be shunned if I say that Fabio is starting to grow on me? He makes me laugh.

Nope he's definitely grown on me too.

Jeff reminded me of a bit of Richard from last season. Just trying to do too much with too many ideas.

Any feelings about the winner? Wishing it would be Jamie :love: ( :reject: ) but guessing it will be Stefan. :grumpy:

I'm thinking Stefan is definitely the frontrunner at this point. I was surprised that the three guys ended up in the bottom 3, but Fabio's didn't look appetizing at all, and I think Jeff always tried to do too much, which led to his downfall.

Fabio's restaurant is in Moorpark, which is about 10-15 minutes from me, though I've never seen or been to it. Wonder how business has been since he's been on the show.

I don't dislike Fabio as much as I used to, but I'm still really surprised he wasn't the one sent home this week, especially after he argued with the judges at judges' table. I liked Jeff, and even though he had trouble pulling everything together sometimes, I liked how he thought about his dishes and approached them in ways others didn't. I really thought he had a chance to make the final three. I was glad to see Carla win, because that was a great dish, and she really got her act together since last week. I can't believe she won Super Bowl tickets!

I'm rooting for Jamie. I think either she or Stefan will win. Even though Stefan has won more challenges and quickfires, I don't know that he's really that much better of a chef; I think he's just been really lucky a lot, too. It was fun seeing his luck backfire on him this week. It was so gross how he was flirting with Andrea :yuck: I loved that he underestimated her as a competitor and she beat him by a mile!

I am not a fan of Fabio or Leah.
Would be happy to see both go.

I agree that Stefan is probably the frontrunner

Back
Top Bottom