The truth is out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

DO. IT. I think midway through the Death Star should come into view, turns out Mulder and Scully are really brother/sister, Cancer Man is Darth Vader's father (dude had the midochlorians to be that bad ass) and the Well Manicured Man is in league with Palapatine. Gob Bluth needs to command a Battlestar, maybe the Galactica? No, a different one, one thought lost in the Klingon Invasion of '79. Turns out Picard stole the cloaking device, snuck it to the Lone Gunman who in turn smuggled it on board the Battlestar Truth. In fact - and here's the fucking twist that will tie everything together - the phrase "The Truth is Out There" was meant to be taken literally. The Thruth is the Battlestar that can save humanity from the deadly bees we see in the movie - but it can't move because (DUN DUN DUN DUUUN) - It RAN OUT OF BLACK OIL! So we load Krychek, who's a Cylon, with black oil, teleport him to the Galatica, BAM, we're all saved. Oh, man, this is gonna rock. We NEED to work Boba Fett in there. This will suck without Fett.

Uber, I :heart: you.

SpaceOddity said:
Did any of you ever visit "The Haven"? .... :reject: Sometimes I miss battling the trolls there. :wink:

Hmm, no I never did go to The Haven. I just tried going now and the administrator isn't allowing for people to register. :angry:

I hung out in the newsgroup and the aol community.

Caroni said:
WOW, I loved X files, I even bougth a poster and framed it :) but never picked it up so it got lost :grumpy:, not even U2 Has the honor of having a poster in my room

I had a poster too! It was the first contest I had ever won. It was some trivia contest AOL was doing to promote the movie. I was the proud owner of a Fight the Future poster some weeks later. I don't have it anymore though. My parents' completely turned my bedroom upside down when I moved out.

Justin24 said:
My Favorite show of all fucking time. My friend still calls me Mulder and I call him Alex (Alex Crychek) I really miss the show. I went to an X-files convention when the show had first started and I was in Heaven!
I brought a gift for Chris Carter, unfortunatly I had to hand it over to the assistant to give to him. But I did get a letter in the mail a month later from him, asking if i could send in a head shot as to possibly appear in an episode and that he loved the gift!! Also at the convention was Doug Hutchison who played Eugene Victor Tooms (he also was in The Green Mile). Really cool guy, I am guessing this was one of his first acting gigs being on the X-files. He gave my friend and I his cell # his e-mail and said if we ever wanted to hang out just drop a line. I lost the number and e-mail.

My favorite episode is The Blessing Way.

You met TOOMS?! How cool! I loved those episodes! What was your gift to CC? Did your heat shot ever appear in an episode?

hippy said:
I am SUCH an X-Phile! I watched it until Mulder disappeared which conveniently happened when I went away to college. I really haven't seen many of the last episodes, though I do catch them

What I loved about the X-Files was the conspiracy! I was always excited when they'd throw another piece of the puzzle out there... even when they'd yank another piece away. It felt like being in a secret club to know who the CSM was and what he was planning. There were even a few times when they revealed Krychek behind a plot or something and I would actually yell "It's Krychek!" at the tv... lol To this day, when I see that actor I call him Krychek. He appeared in CSI awhile back as the love interest of one of the characters and I was like "Don't go with him! It's Krychek!" :lmao:

And I love the idea for the ultimate scifi flick involving the greatest shows ever produced! (UberBeaver, Krychek as a Cylon is BRILLIANT :lol: )

My favorite line ever is during the episode where Mulder and Scully go undercover in that gated community as Rob and Laura Petrie and they're setting up house and Scully starts to walk away from Mulder and he goes (in a really hick voice) "Woman! Get back in here and make me a sandwich."

But perhaps my favorite episode ever is "Bad Blood" when Mulder and Scully tell about the vampires from their different points of view... so funny!

Krycek was the little guy I just loved to hate. And Arcadia was HILARIOUS. It was like a Shipper's dream come true to watch them pretend to be married. Bad Blood was a classic! So many quotables, like the part about the sherrif's buckteeth. And about being drugged. :sigh: I miss this show!

Oooooooh I had a movie poster also! Got it from the local drive in theatre after they had a showing of the movie there.

So great to discover that there are so many other X-File lovers out there :drool: :love:

You know at first I didn't like the "Cops" episode that they did. But after watching it a few times I find myself :lmao: at it!

BonosBaby12 said:
Oooooooh I had a movie poster also! Got it from the local drive in theatre after they had a showing of the movie there.

So great to discover that there are so many other X-File lovers out there :drool: :love:

You know at first I didn't like the "Cops" episode that they did. But after watching it a few times I find myself :lmao: at it!

Oh that episode had me crying with laughter!

The Best Writers and Directors on the Show were Glenn Morgan and James Wong.

Here is my list of favorite episodes per season
Season 1- The Eerlenmeyer Flask
Season 2- Anasazi
Season 3- Jose Chung's from Outer Space
S4-Home
S5- Bad Blood
S6 Triangle/Feild Trip
S7-Requiem
S8-Exstence
S9-The Truth

Fun Fact-The phrase "The Truth is Out There" is usually shown on screen at the end of the opening credits sequence. However, over the course of the series, this phrase would occasionally be replaced with something else, especially for "mytharc" episodes.

My favorite alternate credits tag line was "In the Big Inning," for Mulder's alien baseball episode.

That was a great one cori. Jesse L Martin is a great actor. I would never had imagine DD directing an episode that dealt with race issues as well as baseball and aliens. He really impressed me.

Fun Fact: Did you know there was only 20 of the "alt titles in the in all 10 years of the show. Here are some of my favorite

Trust No One - The Erlenmeyer Flask
Deny Everything - Ascension
Apology is Policy - 731
Everything Dies - Herrenvolk
E pur si muove - Terma (Italian: And still it moves - attributed to Galileo)
Believe the Lie - Gethsemane
All Lies Lead to the Truth - Redux
Resist or Serve - The Red and the Black
The End - The End
Amor Fati - Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati (Latin: Love of fate)
Believe to Understand - Closure
Dio ti ama - Improbable (Italian: God loves you)

Carmel you are really lighting up my life right now! :love:

Another great episode to add to my list is "Paper Hearts". One of the best storylines they have ever done! Always hoped for a Samantha and Mulder reunion. Or least have true closure with it all.

Man only if I had been a writer for the show! lol

Last edited:
Carmel!! :love: Keep wooing me with your fun facts pls.

Shannon - oh I was SO ANGRY at the episode where supposedly we found out what REALLY happened to Samantha. She was kidnapped and killed. :angry: I felt like CC had cheated on me when I saw that episode. I've only seen it once, and not in its entirety either, because it is too heartbreaking to witness.

The link between Samantha's abduction by extraterrestrials was Mulder's inspiration. His life was a quest to find her, unlocking all sorts of mysteries of the world, the government, etc. along the way. CC pooped all over it!!! :scream:

Oh...I dunno, I could be wrong too. But I was pretty sure that was the closure, and that is how it ended. And then there was some sort of dream sequence where Mulder said goodbye to her, and she went off dancing with children or something...that is all coming from a very blurry memory though.

I would LOVE to participate in this thread, but, as I have not seen the entire series and am slowly wending my way through it with the aid of Netflix, I don't want anything spoiled.

But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. I wish I'd seen it in its original run and could've been an X-Phile along with all the others. My friends even told me they went to an X-File Convention here in So. Cal. Soooo jealous! Why do I always catch on to great shows or artists like 10 years after the fact!

Anyway; I'm halfway through Season 7. I will check back here when I finished the series!

Long live Mulder and Scully!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mia and Shannnon:wave:

Fitz, you are welcome to chime in whenever you please. Which episodes have you seen we can discuss those.

Fun Fact: Over the course of its nine seasons, the show was nominated for 141 awards, winning a total of 61 individual awards from 24 different agencies, including the Emmys, the Golden Globes, the Environmental Media Awards, and the Screen Actors Guild Awards. The X-Files also won a Peabody Award in 1996, during its third season.

The show earned a total of 16 Emmys; two for acting, one for writing, and 13 for various technical categories. In September 1994, The X-Files won its first award, the Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Graphic Design and Title Sequences.

Justin-Nope, I just have S1 thru S4 for now. I also have the movie which I rarley watch. However, I have seen every episode, at least twice. They show re runs on TNT and Sci Fi channels all the time.

Fun Fact: Peter Boyle later won the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his portrayal of the title character in the third-season episode "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose".

RIP

I have season 1. I was on Amazon and Used seasons (some are brand new) for 20-24 dollars!

redhotswami said:
Shannon - oh I was SO ANGRY at the episode where supposedly we found out what REALLY happened to Samantha. She was kidnapped and killed. :angry: I felt like CC had cheated on me when I saw that episode. I've only seen it once, and not in its entirety either, because it is too heartbreaking to witness.

What? You mean you didn't like the explanation that Samantha had become starlight? It's perfectly sensible! Come on, you're an idiot if you can't buy that!

Right? Right?

I really hope someone smacked Chris Carter up the damn head for that one. STARLIGHT. I mean, I mean .... STARLIGHT!!!!

That all being said, that scene with Moby playing in the background makes me cry anyway, even though it's STARLIGHT and so freaking ridiculous.

(and on the other hand, at least it finally wrapped up the Samantha story ... that is, if you can buy freaking STARLIGHT as the explanation.)

Back
Top Bottom