The Temple Bar...Yes, we did!! Finally, the end of an error! UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why holiday is it in Canadia?

In the US it's veteran's day. This should be a holiday in Canadia too cause if it weren't for us you'd all be speaking German right now. I don't get tomorrow off because my company thinks the best way to honor our veterans is to enslave it's employees. They're real into irony at my place of bidness.

It's Remembrance Day - closer to the US Memorial Day than Veterans' Day I think in the way it's celebrated... though I imagine there are ceremonies at 11am at the war memorials down there on Nov 11?

Why holiday is it in Canadia?

In the US it's veteran's day. This should be a holiday in Canadia too cause if it weren't for us you'd all be speaking German right now. I don't get tomorrow off because my company thinks the best way to honor our veterans is to enslave it's employees. They're real into irony at my place of bidness.

Riiiight... considering the Cdn army was in WWII from the beginning (and shall we talk about WW1 and the Cdn troops being there from the beginning as well, and being some of the most feared in that war? Not to mention the Cdns taking Vimy Ridge from the Germans, a feat that was considered close to impossible?), you guys should be thanking the British, Cdns and various other countries for keeping the Germans away from your isolationist asses :wink:

I feel like you just rushed in after tripping over people from leaving the train at the station, paper in your hand, coffee on the go, and panting like a mad thing that just spent 3 hours on the dancefloor going mad at it.

:up:

hi Elfa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom