The Temple Bar ~ Tom Petty (hell yeah!) at the Superbowl UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vis.gif

No spoken words said:
QFT.

Tre, yes, I'm an advocate of invading Canada, once we're done with the Middle East. I just feel that enough is enough.

We take Winnipeg first.

You can have Winnipeg :wink:

The best time to invade the prairies is in the winter, just so you know :yes:

No spoken words said:

Think about this:

Australia is an island.

What if you equipped the Island with turbo jets, allowing the island to float? You could be the lord or king or whatever of a floating island of doom. Why doom? Because you'd also equip that island with all sorts of short and long range weaponry. You'd also train 1,000 men in the ways of ancient combat, and they would train 1,000 men, and so on.....so when your island of doom, previously known as Australia, sidled up alongside another country, a succesful invasion would be a foregone conclusion.

you make a good case.

the rockin edge said:

you make a good case.

I try.

We had a Pla drive by? Zoots loves Petty (sadly) but had never heard of the Traveling Wilburys??

Drea, we will be turning Winnipeg over to Elfa; we just need it as a staging ground for further incursions.

the rockin edge said:

how is that even possible? :eyebrow:

Well, they were only popular for about year, about 20 years ago. I can't tell you the last time I heard one of their sons or seen their videos. I don't think Zoots was living here in the late 80s, right? I can see how they could be missed. Plus they were kinda meh. So there's that.

UberBeaver said:
I don't think Zoots was living here in the late 80s, right? I can see how they could be missed. Plus they were kinda meh. So there's that.

This man understands! :hi5:

It's weird, the past couple of years they've become this awesome band, but at the time, they were sorta bland. Like nutmeg. It was a supergroup that wrote a couple of catchy tunes and then went away. I don't know how they got this legendary rep all of the sudden.

They probably would've done more if Roy Orbison hadn't died... That empty rocking chair in the Handle Me With Care video was a nice touch :)

Originally posted by Drea
They probably would've done more if Roy Orbison hadn't died... That empty rocking chair in the Handle Me With Care video was a nice touch :)
I thought they did that with the End of The Line video. Or am I wrong? :shrug:

UberBeaver said:
It was a supergroup that wrote a couple of catchy tunes and then went away.

The name Velvet Revolver comes to mind... except they haven't gone away yet. :lol:

At my job, they have something that plays various songs from a set playlist throughout the night. Lots of U2 is played. Makes up for the rest of the crappy songs. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom