The Temple Bar - Tinsel is like MUYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the full "song" posted? A few weeks ago, Sarah asked me what NSW's sig is from, and said that it makes her laugh whenever she sees it. I told her, and now she thinks you're awesome. :)

Beav and I were having dueling prog/LOTR inspired song posts, but I do not recall the original thread. His were better than mine, that's for sure.

This is how the second disc of the Prog Rock epic "The Battle of the Dwarves and Gnomes: The Red Sun Trilogy" begins. After a 14 minute guitar solo:

Deep in the Earth,
In caves made by hand,
The Gnomes gather
And lay out their plan.

"For thousands of years
We have hid deep below.
But now is the time
For our vengence to seeeeeeeeeeeeew!

"In a fortnight from now
The Red Sun returns
And the Dragons and Dwarves
will feel the Gnomian burn!"

RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!
RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!
RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!

This is how the second disc of the Prog Rock epic "The Battle of the Dwarves and Gnomes: The Red Sun Trilogy" begins. After a 14 minute guitar solo:

Deep in the Earth,
In caves made by hand,
The Gnomes gather
And lay out their plan.

"For thousands of years
We have hid deep below.
But now is the time
For our vengence to seeeeeeeeeeeeew!

"In a fortnight from now
The Red Sun returns
And the Dragons and Dwarves
will feel the Gnomian burn!"

RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!
RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!
RUN DWARVES RUN,
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!

:lol:

This is great, but you meant "sow" unless they like thread and needle.

"Gnomian burn" is hysterical. Well done!

Beav I think you should create something to get us through the last bit of this 'Holidays' nonsense. Please.

Like an origami cactus?

As scary as this fact may be, I actually did think out the entire story of the Dwarves vs the Gnomes in the shower. It actually got to the point where I thought it was pretty good. There was a lot going on. Basically, the Dwarves fuck over the gnomes by giving them a "gift" as a sign of peace after a truce. It's a star clock that the Dwarves tell the gnomes will help them keep an accurate watch of the stars so that they always know when to celebrate the gnomian holidays. At first the gnomes are suspicious, but after a few hundred years they see it works and really start to rely on it. Turns out the dwarves set it up to fuck the gnomes over after, like, 800 years by incorrectly predicting a Red SUn occurance - which, of course, gives the gnomes crazy power. So this and that happens and the dwarves taunt the gnomes, and then gnomes are like, "Hey, lets go to war adn when the Red Sun rises, we will fuck their shit up." One gnomes is like, "Mmmmm, I don't think we should trust this clock - I think it's a trap...yada yada yada...." Turns out he was right, but he also took several gnomes into hiding and they spend 1000+ years planning revenge. That's where Disc #2 starts.

Like an origami cactus?

As scary as this fact may be, I actually did think out the entire story of the Dwarves vs the Gnomes in the shower. It actually got to the point where I thought it was pretty good. There was a lot going on. Basically, the Dwarves fuck over the gnomes by giving them a "gift" as a sign of peace after a truce. It's a star clock that the Dwarves tell the gnomes will help them keep an accurate watch of the stars so that they always know when to celebrate the gnomian holidays. At first the gnomes are suspicious, but after a few hundred years they see it works and really start to rely on it. Turns out the dwarves set it up to fuck the gnomes over after, like, 800 years by incorrectly predicting a Red SUn occurance - which, of course, gives the gnomes crazy power. So this and that happens and the dwarves taunt the gnomes, and then gnomes are like, "Hey, lets go to war adn when the Red Sun rises, we will fuck their shit up." One gnomes is like, "Mmmmm, I don't think we should trust this clock - I think it's a trap...yada yada yada...." Turns out he was right, but he also took several gnomes into hiding and they spend 1000+ years planning revenge. That's where Disc #2 starts.

You made mention of this previously, but it's no less funny now, doubly so since you still remember the whole thing. What's sad is that I remembered. :reject:

:lol:

This is great, but you meant "sow" unless they like thread and needle.

"Gnomian burn" is hysterical. Well done!

I had sew originally. Not sure why I changed it. Strange that those two words kinda mean the same thing, but are spelled differently.

Beav and I are writing a 56 minute song for Space Moon, a song from that album.

That song, on that album, will kick ass in a copious manner, on that album. That song shall*.

I love the use of the word fortnight. :drool:

Me too. Ironically, I have no idea how long a fortnight is. I want to say roughly 2 weeks.

* I love Space Moon speak.

Like an origami cactus?

NLOTH has no hope :applaud:

Maybe one dwarf can have 17 children, one of which wears eyeliner?

I don't know what that is referencing, but dwarves are not big multipliers. Gnomes, however, get mad freaky. It's their nature. That is why they are able to rebuild their numbers in 1,000 years.

Maybe one dwarf "hearts" music?

Purpledwarf :heart: eating Gnome :heart:s?

VP - you're in the zone. Nice.

Are you mocking me?

It just seems fairly obvious. So much better than "oooh, [insert deity here] is gonna reign terror upon your tribe because [insert lame reason here]."

I think he's serious. And even if he is mocking you, he's still right. The gnomes are pratical. That's why the dwarves made the clock work flawlessly for hundreds of years. We are dealing with dwarves and gnomes - no one is in a rush, you know? But after 800 years of perfect star charting most gnomes are like, "Meh, whatever. Water under the bridge - this shit works. Let's rock."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom