The Temple Bar - Putting Staplers in Jello and Bringing Sexyback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
For those of you keeping track of the baby room progress:

Almost done. Some sanding left. A little painting, one more piece of moulding. The window people are coming Thursday. Hopefully the carpet people on Friday, and then, viola, finito. I fucking hope.

:happy:

We're all keeping track and we always breathlessly await updates like this.

Good luck this week getting it all done.

VintagePunk said:
Wtg Beav! Done = more time for drinking, debauchery, and planning office pranks. :up:

It's so lame that I read this and I'm like, "Yeah, office pranks" and skip right over the first 2. But that's what makes dorks dorky, that sort of thought process....and I'm nothing if not a dork. :)

ETA - I have a great office prank story that would be hard to type out, but it involved a headless statuette, a scared new employee, a conference call and a death threat.

NSW, the death thread part of it....I'm afraid AND intrigued. :lol:

Thora, I meant to ask you, that one tv website you posted - do you know of any others? I'm looking for Desperate Housewives online, and the site I have is linked to an Asian website that's SO slow.

VintagePunk said:

Thora, I meant to ask you, that one tv website you posted - do you know of any others? I'm looking for Desperate Housewives online, and the site I have is linked to an Asian website that's SO slow.

Sorry, that's the only one I know of. My department at work is always passing around things like this, so I'll let you know if something else pops up in the future.

VintagePunk said:
NSW, the death thread part of it....I'm afraid AND intrigued. :lol:

In context, the death threat was implied and not direct, but it was also funny. It's a funny story, if you like elaborate stories that involve 2 dork coworkers/roommates with too much time on their hands.

:)

Thanks Thora!

NSW, you know I'd love stories like that. :)

Alas, I'm feeling a smidgen of motivation today, and since that feeling doesn't come around all that often, I'd better take advantage of it while I can. I'm sure I'll pop in later, though. :wave:

Before I go, I just have to say: NSW, every time I catch the bottom of one of your posts, for a second or two, I expect it to be a female poster. Then I realize it's you. It's like my world is off kilter in this odd way, for the briefest of times. :lol:

Really going. :wave:

VintagePunk said:
Thanks Thora!

NSW, you know I'd love stories like that. :)

Alas, I'm feeling a smidgen of motivation today, and since that feeling doesn't come around all that often, I'd better take advantage of it while I can. I'm sure I'll pop in later, though. :wave:

You probably would like this one, yes. :)

And on that note, like you, I'm gonna split for a bit...will be back later.

Bye all!!!

VintagePunk said:
Before I go, I just have to say: NSW, every time I catch the bottom of one of your posts, for a second or two, I expect it to be a female poster. Then I realize it's you. It's like my world is off kilter in this odd way, for the briefest of times. :lol:

Really going. :wave:

The new sig definitely could be something one would expect from a female fan, agreed. But, in reality, Bono and I are the Gangstas in question, and we need love...from the lady folk. That sig has maybe another few hours before it gets replaced, but it makes me laugh. And I like to laugh. :)

Yay, that's so exciting :cute: When he/she is born, I wanna see lots of pics! :heart:

I'm doing pretty well, thanks. Got my laptop back and reconnected with a guy I met a few months back. It's all good. :up:

Hi all :wave:

alright - I'm doing laundry and I just found a piece of paper in the jeans I wore Friday night with a myspace name I can't find. There is also some other writing but I have no idea what it says. I apparently participated in the talks that led to me having this piece of paper because my own myspace name is on the paper, not in my writing. WTF? and why doesn't the other person ( I have NO idea who or what they may be - the myspace name doesn't give a clue as to male or female) have the part with my username?

Yes Beav - technically the alcohol should be leading to more sex, but apparently I'm doing it wrong and just ending up with random notes instead.

Good work on the Uberbaby room - you can take pics when it's done.

NSW - good work on ending up with a lazy day. I need to take lessons on that.

LMPA - you are right - I'm adding men to the resolution - not that it will be hard :|

VP - You're so hit and miss on here!!

You know I miss you :hug:

Alright - I managed to find the myspace page - it's for a band - or couple of guys from here(London) ...They have future dates at the bar I was at on Friday, but it doesn't list past dates. I wonder if they played on Friday :hmm:

I made a myspace page for myself last year...it was mostly to amuse my department...the page was filled with photos of them and me explaining why each of them was going to soon be fired. Maybe it was not that amusing, now that I think on it. :) They're the ones that told me I needed to have one to better understand people their age. I still have the page, but it's totally blank now. I should redo it and this time make it interference-centric.

What's better than finding a note or whatnot that means nothing to you after a drunken night? Maybe finding a stranger in your bed, but besides that, nothing.

If LMPA and Snow are swearing off men, then I will swear off women until they are done. This is a show of unity, and gives me an excuse for why I never date. Now I can just say "I swore them off" instead of "They like me like they like a brother".

I really like my new sig, by the way.

NSW, when you have your myspace page up and running again I would love the linkage. :D

I am listening to the Achtung Baby album right now. :heart: Haven't been listening to any U2 until now.

I promise to send you the link if and when I get around to that....there's just so much nonsense I want to do, makes it hard to attend to it all with the fervor and speed I'd like to give it all. :)

Achtung Baby is a special album, at least for me.

No spoken words said:
I made a myspace page for myself last year...it was mostly to amuse my department...the page was filled with photos of them and me explaining why each of them was going to soon be fired. Maybe it was not that amusing, now that I think on it. :) They're the ones that told me I needed to have one to better understand people their age. I still have the page, but it's totally blank now. I should redo it and this time make it interference-centric.

What's better than finding a note or whatnot that means nothing to you after a drunken night? Maybe finding a stranger in your bed, but besides that, nothing.

If LMPA and Snow are swearing off men, then I will swear off women until they are done. This is a show of unity, and gives me an excuse for why I never date. Now I can just say "I swore them off" instead of "They like me like they like a brother".

I really like my new sig, by the way.

I love your sense of humor. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom