The Temple Bar: In the Fuckin' Zone UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got wayyyyy too drunk, wayyyy too fast last night and managed to get myself kicked out of the bar 10 minutes after I got in. I started drinking at 8 and had finished a pint of gin, half a quart of vodka, and about 7 shots of tequila on an empty stomach before I even left to go downtown. Of course, they let me in, charge me cover, and then boot me. :|

The worst part is my friend brought 2 cute girls with him who just broke up with their boyfriends and who wanted to hang out with us, and I had to leave early. :down: But we're going for dollar drinks tomorrow (and trying to get the girls to come out again), so I guess I'll have to take it a little easier for round 2. :drunk:

Zootlesque said:
Dave party animal :rockon:

:wink:

You really didn't get to see the man in action in NYC 'cause drinks were so expensive at BB King's. If I had gone to TO I'm sure there would be incriminating photo evidence floating around the forums about now though.

Tequila shots :drool:

Strawberry vodka shots :yuck:

Yeah, that trip really did kinda fall apart in the last month or so. :(

And I really could use the vacation right before this crazy month starts.

Ah well, I really couldn't afford it anyways. :sigh:

True. :wink: If it was in the US... even if it was happening across the continent in Seattle I would have sooooooo made it! But since it's another country, stupid visa stuff had to get in the way! :mad:

I just figured out how to play In God's Country, having never tried it before :rockon:

I love the feeling I get when I pick up my guitar, throw a song I've never tried to play before, and actually manage to figure it out and play along. And I've been getting a whole lot better at it lately. I spent a couple years not really getting any better at playing guitar, then all of a sudden since this summer every time I pick it up I find I can do something new. :love:

Man, what a coincidence! I was just thinking about picking up my acoustic and trying out In A Little While. I really love that melody. I don't really play much at all but every once in a blue moon I'll try out some chords. :lol:

In God's Country :love:

Zootlesque said:
Man, what a coincidence! I was just thinking about picking up my acoustic and trying out In A Little While. I really love that melody. I don't really play much at all but every once in a blue moon I'll try out some chords. :lol:

In God's Country :love:

In A Little While is pretty easy, and it's a fun riff to play once you get it down. Play it on the 4th, 5th, and 6th (G-B-e) strings though, ignore any tab that plays it up on the A-D-G around the 7th/8th fret. The higher version is based on more familiar chord shapes so it's a lot easier.

In God's Country is actually surprisingly easy. But a delay pedal is a necessity. Time to try When the Levee Breaks :rockon:

Can't believe it! I was actually able to break away from the crack for a quick half hour workout at the gym! :drool:

Zoots working out :combust:

I actually have stuff to do today, but I don't want to do any of it :( I have to write a letter and do some sewing and eventually go to the post office and I should probably work on my fic sometime today too :sigh:

At the very least, I'm cooking in a crock pot today, so that means I don't have to do any work in the kitchen :)

Doesn't the post office close at noon or something on saturday?

Is fan fic really something you HAVE to get done today? ;)

Still? You must be in western NJ...?

Every satellite map I've found shows the main part of the storm right off the coast of NYC. The rain has just started here, and the wind has picked up a little, but it's just like a usual rainstorm outside for now.

It'll get really bad around the time I'm at work tonight (5:30 to 1 am). I hope the power goes out at the mall so I can come home early, but stays on here so I can watch the ASU-Ore game.

Oh yeah, it's not coming close to you.

We get FOX Rochester here in Halifax (God only knows why). I think I know the area around Rochester better than anybody else in Canada :lol:

I watch Fox Rochester on weeknights for the sitcom reruns, Seinfeld, Friends, Raymond, King Of The Hill etc. The local ads are soooo annoying though! :crack:

Where exactly is Halifax? *looks at map*

Holy shit! Nova Scotia. You're way the hell out in the ocean! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom