The Temple Bar....Happy New Year UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does suck, it'll suck more in a few hrs when the overnight deepfreeze kicks in. :blankets:

you read my mind. I poured a giant glass of wine when he left.

Friday Night Lights :drool:

what are you drinking?

Dinner just arrived.

Maddy & friends are at Disneyland. Light drizzle & wind there at the moment. We've had rain most of the afternoon here. They are farther south than we are, but rain should be moving in there. Just spoke to them for a second - they just got off the 'It's A Small World' ride, which was playing 'Jingle Bells'. Will talk to them later when they are in a dry-er location.

BBL :wave:

Wine as well. I've got a bottle of white in the fridge. It should be cold by the time dinner's ready.

After dinner I'll be making the alcoholic hot chocolate. It better be good. It certainly sounds fabulous. :drool:

Que paso, pfan? You ego trippin' and shit?

Stay warm, snow....lol. That's a weird thing to say. Can you go next door?

I'm going to sleep cause I can. :drool:

Lila - that's 5 smiley's mooning me, isn't it? :ohmy:

Good night, people.

Oh, I have a massive ego. I've just had a number of things go wrong this week. It's adding up.

yeah, funny.

If it gets really cold I will, there is no furntiure though except for a table and chairs.

glad the girls are having fun lila. :up:

have a good sleep Beav :fingerscrossed:

Pfan, what's the latest?

Well, that DECA thing I had today, the thing which I went to internationals for two years in a row ... I failed to qualify to make it past districts. So, yeah, I suck.

Pretty much. The past two years it was all me, and this year it was a team event, but it's still mostly about yourself when it comes to qualifying.

I have no idea. But about 90% of the people I know qualified for states, and I'm supposed to be this sort of legendary figure for the competition, and I can't get out of districts. This plus the car thing plus a couple other social things going on ... well, I hate the year 2008 so far.

phillyfan26 said:
and I can't get out of districts.

this year. keep it in perspective and don't take away from your previous performances.

who are these 90% of people? 90% of your school? 90% of every single other student you know?

what happened re: the car so far?

and why not think of it as getting all the crap out of the way early so you can enjoy the rest of the year.

90% just among my buddies at school and shit. It's sort of a hyperbole, but not really. Pretty much everyone qualified.

My car is at the body shop. They're giving us an estimate next week after they figure out just how much is broken. The bumper's so torn up that it's hard to tell if there's more damage around it.

And right now, it feels more like the start of a bad pattern.

Hope things start looking up for you pfan :hug:

Thora - you need to post the alcoholic hot chocolate recipe. While you still can. Or after tasting to see if it's worthy of repeating down here :happy: then again, the only alcohol we might have is rum.... will that work? :hmm:

Goodnight Beav. And yeah, that's 5 moons alright :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
90% just among my buddies at school and shit. It's sort of a hyperbole, but not really. Pretty much everyone qualified.

My car is at the body shop. They're giving us an estimate next week after they figure out just how much is broken. The bumper's so torn up that it's hard to tell if there's more damage around it.

And right now, it feels more like the start of a bad pattern.

I'll loan you my pom poms so you can cheer your friends on
cheering-1.gif

Will you be able to that?

You know what, you're right, it may very well be the start of a crap year. I've had those (although I think now I'm working on a crap decade) and they suck. I hope your able for it, but I also hope it's not.

Are there any things you know for sure you have to look forward to?

Gnight Beav!

Sorry hear to about the suckage, pfan. Hopefully it doesn't continue beyond today.

Lila - yes the recepie calls for rum. I'm still sober, so here's the recepie.

2 cups milk
3 1/2 ounces best-quality dark chocolate, bittersweet or semisweet, as preferred
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dark rum, or to taste

Put the milk into a saucepan and break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk along with a cinnamon stick, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted.
Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more. Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into 2 cappuccino or caffe latte cups.

ThoraSEB said:
Gnight Beav!

Sorry hear to about the suckage, pfan. Hopefully it doesn't continue beyond today.

Lila - yes the recepie calls for rum. I'm still sober, so here's the recepie.

2 cups milk
3 1/2 ounces best-quality dark chocolate, bittersweet or semisweet, as preferred
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dark rum, or to taste

Put the milk into a saucepan and break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk along with a cinnamon stick, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted.
Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more. Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into 2 cappuccino or caffe latte cups.

Only two tablespoons? is it for a kid? :cute:

:wink:

No spoken words said:
Spring Training, PFan. You should look forward to pitchers and catchers reporting.

I might drive down to Florida to celebrate Chris Coste.

snowbunny00774 said:
really, you're not going to the shore this year? not a single other thing?

I thought you meant in the near future.

Uh, yes, I will frequent Jersey during the summer. Summer will be a different ballgame this year considering me and my buddies will be driving (mostly my buddies considering the recent developments).

phillyfan26 said:

I thought you meant in the near future.

Uh, yes, I will frequent Jersey during the summer. Summer will be a different ballgame this year considering me and my buddies will be driving (mostly my buddies considering the recent developments).

You were in a tiny fender bender. You should be driving this summer.

ThoraSEB said:

:lmao: I know, it's pretty pathetic. I plan on adding a lot more than that. :D

that's my girl :D

I added a tonne of rum to my rum truffles and I just had one (chocolate is supposed to be warming right??) and I could barely taste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom