The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoManiac said:
:lmao:

What?!!! You ate the autographs? The 1976 Habs lost 8 games all year and definitely were the greatest hockey team of all time. Your poor father. :hug:

Yeah.

My Dad also caught a foul ball at the All-Star game played at Yankee Stadium in, I think, 1973....around there.....and I managed to lose that one down a sewer while having a catch with my friend Kevin.

BonoManiac said:
Gabriel, have you read Dryden's book, The Game? If you haven't you should. It's a great book and is a great inside look at hockey in the 1970s, as well of the Canadiens of that era.

I haven't...thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out, for sure..

BonoManiac said:
Gabriel, have you read Dryden's book, The Game? If you haven't you should. It's a great book and is a great inside look at hockey in the 1970s, as well of the Canadiens of that era.

Considering my love of books, and of sports, you'd think that I'd read books about sports now and then....but, I think that in 30 years or so of reading books, you can count on two hands the # of sports books I've read.

No spoken words said:

Considering my love of books, and of sports, you'd think that I'd read books about sports now and then....but, I think that in 30 years or so of reading books, you can count on two hands the # of sports books I've read.

I think the last sports book I read was Mitch Album's book on The Fab Five. That's been 14 or so years.

Dalton said:

I think the last sports book I read was Mitch Album's book on The Fab Five. That's been 14 or so years.

I do not like Albom, believe it or not.

I've read two by Halberstam, one by Feinstein, read Moneyball, Ball Four, a Winfield auto-biography ages ago, the Bronx Zoo, The Natural and that's probably it.

BonoManiac said:
Someone recommended Ball Four to me a while ago. Is it worth it?

I read it a long time ago, so, I do not remember it as well as I would like to......it might seem dated now, as well.......but, I'd still give it a go.

Dalton said:

Well you have clearly read his work or seen him speak.

I've read some articles in the Free Press, and he used to pop up in certain national publications, cannot recall which.

I do not like Rick Reilly either, yet many fawn over him...he tries way too hard to be hip and funny. Give me Gary Smith or even Rick Telander over that fool any day.

Well, that whole episode was unforgivable, at least to me.

I will not read Tuesdays with Morrie, just no interest, not sure why.

Halberstam is probably the best writer of sports books I've encountered. Summer of 1964 was fantastic, even though I knew how it ended. :(

I'm currently reading a book on semiotics, and did you ever get like 3/4 of the way through a book and be like, "WTF? I cannot tell you think I've read in this book,"? I'm at that phase now. I still don't even fucking know what semiotics is. Something about words and signs. Sucks.

Anyne ever read Umberto Eco? What's his deal?

UberBeaver said:
I'm currently reading a book on semiotics, and did you ever get like 3/4 of the way through a book and be like, "WTF? I cannot tell you think I've read in this book,"? I'm at that phase now. I still don't even fucking know what semiotics is. Something about words and signs. Sucks.

Anyne ever read Umberto Eco? What's his deal?

I've read Eco.

Focault's Pendulum and just about done with The Name of the Rose.

His books are.......dense, let's say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom