The Temple Bar - Delayed Until 2009.....MUYFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would that involve Afghanistan?

Well I'm planning on going Armoured if I do (and if my vision is good enough - it wasn't for Infantry when I applied for the Reserves), so I would definitely get at least one tour, probably in 2010 (depending on how fast the application goes through). The government says we're going to pull out in 2011 so I probably wouldn't get another, but if we stay longer I most certainly would. And if I don't I'd likely get a tour somewhere else (Bosnia, a UN mission, etc).

This would be a huge step for me. It would get me out of Halifax (I'd be training in Meaford, ON and Gagetown, NB and posted to a unit either in Ottawa or Edmonton), and the pay is good. It's available to me right now, and I know I'd at least find it extremely interesting. I wouldn't mind a tour, either. But at the same time I'm more or less signing my life over to the DND for the next 5/6 years. By that time I'd be financially set up to do whatever I like, and I'd certainly have my student loans paid off.

I've been considering this since I got back from Boot Camp, and now it's becoming more and more of a possibility. I don't want to get stuck in Halifax doing something boring/low-paying simply because I have bills to pay and can't afford to start over in something else. Now's the time to do it if I'm ever going to.

I have to go into the unit tonight to do a little work, so I think I'll ask about getting the transfer in motion when I'm there.

Well I'm planning on going Armoured if I do (and if my vision is good enough - it wasn't for Infantry when I applied for the Reserves), so I would definitely get at least one tour, probably in 2010 (depending on how fast the application goes through). The government says we're going to pull out in 2011 so I probably wouldn't get another, but if we stay longer I most certainly would. And if I don't I'd likely get a tour somewhere else (Bosnia, a UN mission, etc).

This would be a huge step for me. It would get me out of Halifax (I'd be training in Meaford, ON and Gagetown, NB and posted to a unit either in Ottawa or Edmonton), and the pay is good. It's available to me right now, and I know I'd at least find it extremely interesting. I wouldn't mind a tour, either. But at the same time I'm more or less signing my life over to the DND for the next 5/6 years. By that time I'd be financially set up to do whatever I like, and I'd certainly have my student loans paid off.

I've been considering this since I got back from Boot Camp, and now it's becoming more and more of a possibility. I don't want to get stuck in Halifax doing something boring/low-paying simply because I have bills to pay and can't afford to start over in something else. Now's the time to do it if I'm ever going to.

I have to go into the unit tonight to do a little work, so I think I'll ask about getting the transfer in motion when I'm there.

well at least you gave it some thought... I'm not sure I could do it, getting shot at is not my idea of a good time.

oh and "going Armoured" is one of the best terms I have heard in a while :giggle:

well at least you gave it some thought... I'm not sure I could do it, getting shot at is not my idea of a good time.

oh and "going Armoured" is one of the best terms I have heard in a while :giggle:

Tanks have huge guns and thick armour and can go fast. That's why I'm going Armoured instead of Infantry. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom