The official get things off your chest thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate it when people who are pulling up to an intersection and are going to turn right, ONLY look to their left. They pull WAY forward, but never glance right to see that pedestrians who have the right of way are about to cross. They just pull right up and don't ever bother looking. Then when I walk in front of their car and give the hood a little smack, they look at me like I'm an idiot. Whatever. Didn't your mom ever teach you to look both ways? :madspit:

I hate people at my college who try to use their position to get them ahead of everyone else. I do computer support full time and almost everyday I get a call like "bla bla bla can I get an ETA?" "Yeah, five business days is our policy." "Oh, but I'm the department chair and director if this or that. Why can mine be fixed first?" Because you're an ass and I'm now mentally bumping you to the END of my list, jerk!

To rude people, I'd like to add a peeve of mine (since I don't have a car so I depend on mass transit):

- I hate it when people stand under the bus shelter while everyone else gets on line and when the bus comes, they just cut the whole line. Even if you're the first ones originally, if you're not on the line-- you're not first on the bus! :mad:

I just hate waiting like 30+ mins just so some stupid high schooler with their free metrocard could skip me in line like they're high priority.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Because you're an ass and I'm now mentally bumping you to the END of my list, jerk!

:yes:

I like your style!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I hate people at my college who try to use their position to get them ahead of everyone else. I do computer support full time and almost everyday I get a call like "bla bla bla can I get an ETA?" "Yeah, five business days is our policy." "Oh, but I'm the department chair and director if this or that. Why can mine be fixed first?" Because you're an ass and I'm now mentally bumping you to the END of my list, jerk!

Right on! :lmao:

I hate that people don't take the time to read the instructions or information that would answer a question had they bothered to look. I always get the same questions:
How long will my order take?
How much is shipping/handling? Do you offer rush service?
I saw this on the website - is it available?
What payment methods do you accept?

If you pulled your head out of your arse long enough to go to the CUSTOMER SERVICE (or FAQ) page, maybe your f:censored:g questions are already answered cuz we get the same ones over and over. I ranted :rant: , but I do feel better now.

:shifty:

redkat said:
ooh lila that's a good one the voicemail systems that trap you and you never end up with an answer :rant:

I'd like to add cell phones in public. There are good reasons to use our cell phones but I'm sick of how rude it is making the world. people on their phones ignore the people around them. Ordering in stores without even making eye contact or addressing the person helping them.

I've nearly been run off the road twice now by people on their damn phones! :mad:

WTF! A few years ago we managed to live without a phone glued to our ear. It can be done!
:up: I work at starbucks and people come in there with their little earphones, talking on them when they come up to order and I cant even tell that theyre talking on the phone. So Im standing there trying to understand what the feck theyre saying. And when I ask them to repeat what they said they put their hand up and say hang on a minute so they can finish their phone call.
Its so tiring :sigh:

u2bonogirl said:

:up: I work at starbucks and people come in there with their little earphones, talking on them when they come up to order and I cant even tell that theyre talking on the phone. So Im standing there trying to understand what the feck theyre saying. And when I ask them to repeat what they said they put their hand up and say hang on a minute so they can finish their phone call.

Too bad you can't tell them to not fucking bother you until they get off their phone. :mad: But I guess you'd get canned if you did that.... :huh:

bastards!
25.gif

indra said:

Too bad you can't tell them to not fucking bother you until they get off their phone. :mad: But I guess you'd get canned if you did that.... :huh:

No. Im only allowed to be rude to really rude teenage girls.... because I am a teenage girl:lol:
Someday Im going to get really peeved about it when we're busy and I'll just tell them to step out of the line until theyre ready to stop wasting everybodys time

u2bonogirl said:

Where I work, if someone is standing in line and yapping on the phone I'll simply ask the person behind them what they'd like. If the person on the phone says anything, I just say, "I saw you were still on the phone and I didn't want to interupt you." Then they can't say anything or be upset because I make it sound like I was just being polite....when really they just annoy the :censored: outta me! It's not just rude to me but it's rude to the line of people behind you that are ready to order!

if/when i ever own my own business i plan on having a sign posted saying to finish your phone call before standing in line. like you guys are saying, it's rude and you can never tell when they're talking to you and when they're talking on the phone and what they're actually saying to you.

if anything, i want to own my own business just so i can help write all the wrongs about the crap customers get away with, be it because the employee can't say anything or because the manager contradicts the rules and the employee and gives in to the customer.

another thing I hate is when someone is supposed to call you or return a call (or even email) and you are waiting endlessly with no response. :rant:

Lila64 said:
another thing I hate is when someone is supposed to call you or return a call (or even email) and you are waiting endlessly with no response. :rant:

AMEN! how fuckin hard is it to call or return a call or email??? are these people really THAT busy??? i don't think so. i think that they think that they are too good for the people who's calls they don't return. well FUCK THEM! :wink:

:mad: :madspit:

AMEN brother!

And the person STILL hasn't called me. There's a technical problem with my website, and for all intents & purposes, it's down. And has been for several days now. F:censored:k !!!!

These are universal hates I think we can all be guilty of at some time or another.

I pulled out infront of a lady on the roundabout today. I wanted her to honk me and flip me off, but she didn't. She was a better person than I.
:sad:

my main pet peeves are ......

People who think they are crap when clearly they aren't (this goes for thin people who think their fat)

and people who say one thing to your face then lie when your back is turned. it might just be a high school thing but grrr it annoys me!

Lila64 said:

Oh god. Yes yes yes yes yes. Is it really THAT hard to show some common courtesy??

I hate it when people talk incessantly at concerts, or at movies

Stay home. I get so sick and tired of the mememe mentality of some people and the total lack of consideration for others.

I also hate it when people blab at Concerts:mad:

I really :mad: hate when people say thy're going to do something and they don't especially at work.:madspit: :madspit:

yes Yes YES to all of the above. ANd not only talking at concerts but the incessant urge to continually get up and go get another beer! It's so rude & distracting!

I hate it when you are on the phone talking to someone and you have the person standing next to you telling you to give them messages :madspit:

You're just like...."Omg, wait!" :angry:

bono_gal said:
I hate it when you are on the phone talking to someone and you have the person standing next to you telling you to give them messages :madspit:

You're just like...."Omg, wait!" :angry:

that's really really fun to do though. especially if the person on the phone isn't really paying attention to you, and you tell them ridiculous things or just ramble on about something

1) Let’s suppose I’m driving my car and want to make a left turn into, say, a residential area and there are no stoplights or signs – though there is a left turn lane. Let’s further suppose that there are 2 lanes of traffic opposing me. I’m in the left turn lane waiting for opposing traffic to clear so that I can make my turn and you are in the opposing lane nearest to me (“lane 1”). You see me wanting to turn and since traffic in your lane is moving relatively slow, you decide that you’ll be “polite” and stop, yielding to me.

The other lane that opposes me and is to your right (“lane 2”) is not moving slow at all. In fact, cars are flying by in that lane. Please do not be perplexed or annoyed or insulted if I disregard your intended kindness and I don’t make a move. I’m not turning in front of you and the other opposing lane because – due to the fact that you have stopped your car and other cars are piling up behind you – you have created a blind spot and I cannot see around your auto; hence, I cannot tell whether or not I would be broad-sided if I ventured past you into lane 2. :happy:

It being the case that I do not want to see my car totaled and, surprisingly, I do not wish to end up in the hospital with, oh, let’s say a punctured lung and broken ribs and maybe worse, I am not moving my auto until you pass by me (or traffic in both lanes opposing me comes to a complete standstill). If you give me a dirty look, it will be clear to me that you were looking for a “thank you” from me so that you could feel validated. Dumbf**k. :wave:

2) Every once in a great while I might mis-dial a number on my phone or call a number and get a voicemail that makes it clear that the number is no longer owned by the person that I was trying to reach. A few times, minutes after I hang up, the unknown person who now owns the number calls me back and asks “Who are you?” Er, if I didn’t leave you a voicemail and you do not recognize my number in your system, feel free to assume that you do not need to call me back, dumbass. :happy:

When you do call me back and ask me who I am, I immediately assume that you are f**king weird, or that you are sitting around your shop and you haven’t had a customer in three months and you are desperate. I think it’s rather presumptuous of you to call back a complete stranger and, without introducing yourself, to ask them who they are (particularly when said stranger left you no message and you would not be able to call them back at all save for the fact that your system captured their bloody number). Hell, you’re probably spending .35 on the call, freak. :wave:

starsgoblue said:

Where I work, if someone is standing in line and yapping on the phone I'll simply ask the person behind them what they'd like. If the person on the phone says anything, I just say, "I saw you were still on the phone and I didn't want to interupt you." Then they can't say anything or be upset because I make it sound like I was just being polite....when really they just annoy the :censored: outta me! It's not just rude to me but it's rude to the line of people behind you that are ready to order!

brilliant!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

mind if i pass that along to some friends.

i'm so glad i don't work with the public anymore.

live and let live i say

getting worked up over small stuff just isnt worth it

I hate when you go to a concert and you queue up from stupid o'clock in the morning to get yourself a spot on the rail then when the stadium fills up you realise you need to pee. So you tell everyone around you you're gonna be back in a minute and even tell the security man the other side of the barrier so you know you can get back to your spot. On your way to the toilet you apologise to anyone you even go near and explain that you're gonna be coming back in a minute. Then on the way back you try and get past people and you apologise and ask really politely if you can just squeeze back through so you can get to your space you queued all day for and your friends. And they are SO RUDE !!! This has happened to me like 3 times over the summer. People either ignore me completely and turn their back even more or just tell me to get back and stop trying to push to a better position, and not in any nice words. :( I think maybe cos I'm young, people don't trust me and think I'm just pushing in. It makes me so angry. I know theres no way of proving I was there from so early but there is never any need to speak to people like that. I was in tears at Live 8 cos I'd been standing around in the heat and squashed between masses of people for the last 10 hours after having no sleep the night before, and had to get out to get some water and go to the toilet. And on the way back I've never experienced that kind of rudeness. I couldn't believe all those people had come out for a charity concert and then to abuse people like me. Grrr :mad:

I don't know if this fits into the topic! But its something that bugs me. Rudeness in general.

when your at a concert and you've waited for hours to get a great spot near the stage, finally you score this great spot near the front....then a couple of complete jerks who just arrived worm there way through the crowd and jam themselves in front of you and others who have been waiting:mad: :mad: :mad:

btw...they don't get to stand there too long:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom