The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Master of Marketing @ Melbourne. I've lost track of what year, but I should be finished by mid-year next year, depends on if I go on exchange. You finished VCE last year yeah? You at Uni this year?

Master of Marketing @ Melbourne. I've lost track of what year, but I should be finished by mid-year next year, depends on if I go on exchange. You finished VCE last year yeah? You at Uni this year?

Nice man, wish you all the best. Yeah, got a better score than I probably deserved, just doing Arts at Deakin down in Waurn Ponds. Loving the course, but it's not the party atmosphere I was expecting. :lol:

A bit of a nervous wait for ole' Choco. But I think Worsfolds job isn't in any danger, he's still a great coach with a relatively young side (I'm in SA so what I know about Freo and the Weagles ain't much).

Looking forward to the Swans v Pies match. :up:

That's one thing I was disappointed by, too!

Anyway, Laidley done with - can't remember if there are any Norf supporters here? All eyes on Chocco now, I'm waiting for them to be on Whoosha.

I hear you have to live on campus to experience that side of it, and I only live 40-50 minutes away so not much point, nor do I have the cash.

Certainly came as a surprise! I hope either Lockyer or Hardwick get the North job, screw Buckley.

If Choco leaves, I reckon that'll be the first coach to ever lose a job totally because of media hype.

Melbournes Liam Jurrah, what a story and how damn exciting is he!? :up:

Hell yeah, I already love this kid. How fun was that goal of his? Can only get better. Read that he's fluent in four central Aboriginal languages (he's Warlpiri) and not so much in English, so it must be pretty tough on him down there, but hopefully he's one of the boys who can get Melbourne back on their feet in the next few years.

I saw Jurrah and Jetta play against Werribee a couple of weeks ago, kicked eight between them, Jurrah was very flashy. (hopefully) will be a player. Along with Wonaemirri.

I would be starting to get a bit hot under the collar if I was Dean Bailey though. 30 losses from 34 games is woeful, and even though they've been better and more competitive this year, he isn't safe.

Yeah you gotta feel amazed that this talent was discovered playing barefoot some 300KM or so outside of Alice Springs. Bloody hell, he's got a pretty damn good leap on him too, especially the jump over two Bombers, even though he couldn't take it as he fell to the ground he brilliantly managed to get a boot through it and into the goals. You gotta feel proud of him, forget Jack Watts, young Jurrah will be rippin' up the AFL soon you'd expect. :up:

Watts is just one of those private school folk who's been hyped up....for whatever reason - probably who his Dad knows or is or was (like Hawkins). He looks downright average.

Yeah sometimes it's hard to penetrate the uni "lifestyle", depends on your course sometimes. My first degree was quite lonesome, I went around, chose me own essay topics, had too much choice of classes to develop enduring friendships, and held onto a lot of my school buddies. My current degree is amazing, much more of a feel of love and community, and a much more collaborative learning environment as well. Great fun second time round.

That's exactly what it feels like at the moment... mainly just hanging out with kids from high school, haven't been able to make any 'friendships' really. You're talking about postgrad there?

That's exactly what it feels like at the moment... mainly just hanging out with kids from high school, haven't been able to make any 'friendships' really. You're talking about postgrad there?

First degree was Ugrad, second and current is Pgrad - don't think that's what is decisive though, more the way the course works. Like courses with mass enrolments, and broad subject choice and that have highly individual-orientated coursework (ie. Arts) appear to be more introverted and alienating for a student. That said you can overcome such issues through joining clubs and the like, or just being brave and talkin' to randoms...

Yeah I don't think I have one person in one of my classes that's also in another. That's what I did from the first day, spoke to randoms. Haven't had as much fun as the pub crawl night in O Week, that was fantastic... felt weird to be so drunk when the sun was still shining.

I... nearly forgot what it felt like to win. I was in the midst of a busy pub, watching people drunkenly dance to Beat It, as I witnessed Naitanui, a ghost for the prior eighty minutes, smack on three goals in the last quarter. We celebrated.

I love you, Naita.

I... nearly forgot what it felt like to win. I was in the midst of a busy pub, watching people drunkenly dance to Beat It, as I witnessed Naitanui, a ghost for the prior eighty minutes, smack on three goals in the last quarter. We celebrated.

I love you, Naita.

Was crazy, all the anti-Hawthorn people were loving it. I was baffled as to why so many people were anti-hawthorn. But yeah, it's funny 'cause Beat It was playing where I was at exactly the same time...

Haha, love the goal where he tried to bounce in wet weather and it just rolled ahead of him....:up:

someone at melbourne's gotta take responsibilty and drop watts. he's doing year 12, and doesn't need the added pressure when he's clearly not ready for afl.

:up: :up:

though when the dust settles, they were three of the worst goals you'll ever see :lol:

Haha yeah, he's still got stage fright for sure. Looked completely overwhelmed after he kicked that first goal. The third one made me laugh, I'm glad there weren't any other Hawks near him in the 50, otherwise it could have ended up pretty embarrassing. Good experience for him on the big stage, though. Just wait until he's a little older.

he's going to be a star.

meanwhile, hall's latest 'indiscretion' was nothing more than a gentle slap, but what an idiot.

paul roos sounds like he is absolutely fed up.

Barry Hall's just playing in the wrong era.

Craig Hutchison was in Shepp last week, I missed my chance to assassinate the bastard!

there's a group on facebook, craig hutchison is a wanker, though it goes way overboard and the creator is an absolute dickhead.

i'm not a fan of he nor caro, but he is good at what he does.

I suggest we start the round 14 tipping, i'll tip St Kilda to beat Geelong only because the Cats form over the previous 3 weeks kinda has been average for Geelong standards, well in my opinion.

Now for some fun, watching the EJ Whitten legends game, and whaddaya know! They're playing Boots in the intro! :drool:

there's a group on facebook, craig hutchison is a wanker, though it goes way overboard and the creator is an absolute dickhead.

i'm not a fan of he nor caro, but he is good at what he does.

IMO, I don't think he's any good at all. Even with that Richmond story back when the players had the meeting after the loss to Port Adelaide, he didn't have much had backing evidence (the exact thing I'm talking about, I cant remember at the moment)

He just comes across as the little boy who got picked on at school, and now he's giving some back. I don't mind him on SEN, but since he's been on the footy show, I think he's a complete wanker.

I fucking love the Legends game.

Strauchnie actually got legitimately injured! :lmao:

Strauchanie also kicked the goal of the year, but that injury may be career ending.

Loved seeing Hamish and Andy as well as Vince 'Colossus' Colosimo and li'l Damien Oliver having some fun out there. :D

Back
Top Bottom