The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Lesnar is out of the fight for having a flair up of the same intestinal issue. Dos Santos vs. Shane Carwin now.

Ya, that kinda sucks. I've grown to like Lesnar. Still, JDS vs Carwin should be an awesome fight. Maybe even better than the original matchup.

Agreed, someone is definitely getting knocked out. Also, I can now cheer Dos Santos without feeling conflicted.

Weird how many main card fights are getting canceled lately.

Ya, especially the next card. It might end up being a good one, but there aren't really any fights I'm super excited for. Even Edgar vs Maynard wasn't all that appealing to begin with

Have you been watching the Belator fights at all? I catch them every once in a while and they're usually pretty entertaining.

I thought that Nelson v Mir and Rampage v Hammil was more interesting than Maynard v Edgar 2 to begin with.

I haven't, are they even televised?

Ya, those are definitely more interesting. Edgar is boring and Maynard is a blanket. Nelson vs Mir in particular should be good.

Ya, I think you guys get Belator on MTV2. Nearly every Saturday night!

So you know the Underground Forum I was telling you about? (MMA's worldwide leader in UFC news, gear and events), there's been this guy posting recently named Hammers Hammil and he's been breaking some big stories lately. He's new to the forum, so when he posted that Brock was going to pull out of the fight and it would be announced any minute, he got flamed like crazy. 24 hours later, he was right. Now he's saying that there are big changes to Strikeforce. I guess Zuffa is taking over a lot of the production, so we might see Rogan and Goldie commentating by december (cool, but I really want Baz Rutten to commentate for Strikeforce). But even bigger news, Overeem is rumoured to be pulling out of the HW Tournament and giving up the title to move to UFC. That would be awesome! No idea who this Hammers Hammil guy is, but one or two think it might be Joe Rogan (though he posts under his real name there anyway, so I dont know why he would make an alternate account). Either way, you should check out the forum there every once in a while

Also, I might have a new favourite female figher

felice_nicdali.jpg

222759_204035976301521_124500284255091_542823_3098948_n.jpg

226282_203773802994405_124500284255091_539990_6433222_n.jpg

229474_203487813023004_124500284255091_538315_1007960_n.jpg

humina humina humina

So you know the Underground Forum I was telling you about? (MMA's worldwide leader in UFC news, gear and events), there's been this guy posting recently named Hammers Hammil and he's been breaking some big stories lately. He's new to the forum, so when he posted that Brock was going to pull out of the fight and it would be announced any minute, he got flamed like crazy. 24 hours later, he was right. Now he's saying that there are big changes to Strikeforce. I guess Zuffa is taking over a lot of the production, so we might see Rogan and Goldie commentating by december (cool, but I really want Baz Rutten to commentate for Strikeforce). But even bigger news, Overeem is rumoured to be pulling out of the HW Tournament and giving up with title to move to UFC. That would be awesome! No idea who this Hammers Hammil guy is, but one or two think it might be Joe Rogan (though he posts under his real name there anyway, so I dont know why he would make an alternate account). Either way, you should check out the forum there every once in a while

Very cool, thanks for the info! Speaking of Baz, I was just having a discussion with a friend at work how we both wish the UFC would dump Goldberg and replace him with Baz.

I added my feelings about your other post with "goggles".

hahaha, that's what the goggles are best used for.

I think a Rogan/Rutten combo would be too much personality. It's almost like you need a dud to go with the goodness. So in that sense, I dont mind Goldie even though I know more about MMA than he does. But there has to be a way to get Baz into the commentary somehow. He's too awesome to leave for undercard shows

I caught the last half of those Bellator fights on Saturday. Wasn't overly impressed with what I saw. :huh:

I missed them. I suppose it's like every other show though; sometimes you get good cards, sometimes you get bad ones. I think I've seen it about 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months and it's been entertaining every time. Obviously the level of fighting isn't as good (though there are a couple guys that apparently will be in UFC shortly), but I think a lot of the guys fight like they have something to prove which makes for good fights a lot of the time. Give it one more shot maybe? Or maybe I just happen to have seen some of the only good shows

Which fights are you looking forward to this weekend, JT? Who do you want to win?

Sorry, didnt see this before the fights. I wanted rampage and Nelson to win. Nelson looked horrible. Pretty much the whole card was a bit of a snooze fest. I'm beginning to hate all the wrestlers in the UFC

What did you think?

Yeah, we were both cheering for the same people. I too thought Nelson looked terrible. I didn't mind the card that much, had fun watching. I thought Stefan Struve's head was going to come off with that knock out, haha. Stann is better than I used to think as well.

FYI, it's official:

GSP vs. Diaz Superfight set for October

Henderson vs Fedor is official too. :rockon:

Another guy from Orem, Utah (city I live in) in the TUF finale, pretty cool. Too bad he can't keep his clothes on. :wink:

What did you think of the fights this weekend, JT?

That Sam Stout knock out was pretty awesome. I heard Joe Rogan mention that forum you've brought up.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez should be a sick fight.

I'm surprised that Carwin got his face rearranged so quickly. By my accounts, Dos Santos got hurt by 1, maybe 2 punches the entire fight.

I think Velasquez took notice.

I'm surprised that Carwin got his face rearranged so quickly. By my accounts, Dos Santos got hurt by 1, maybe 2 punches the entire fight.

Someone new in the thread, yay! :wink: Seriously though, good to see someone else here to discuss things with JT and I. Welcome.

Carwin looked really slow, even before he got tagged. Sorta sad, I was expecting a much closer fight. Regardless, Dos Santos is such an incredibly nice guy, it's going to be almost impossible for me not too cheer for him from now on. Same goes for Mark Munoz, seems like an insanely nice guy. I was shocked how good that fight was, never thought it would be that interesting.

What did you think of the fights this weekend, JT?

That Sam Stout knock out was pretty awesome. I heard Joe Rogan mention that forum you've brought up.

Not bad, man. Ya, the Sam Stout knockout was nasty. It made me sad and happy; Sad because I love Yves Edwards and want to see him fight again in the UFC and happy because Stout is Canadian and a pretty exciting fighter in his own right.
I couldn't believe how badly Dos Santos messed up Carwin. He looked like Sloth from Goonies. No idea how Herb Dean didn't stop it either. I had a laugh when Dos Santos was looking at him while filling in Carwin's face as if to say 'are you not going to stop this?'.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the next UFC. Lots of good fights on that card. Hopefully it doesn't fall victim to the same curse as the last 2 ppvs

Ya, I'm looking forward to that one too. I think Dos Santos will take it. I just don't see Valasquez hanging onto the belt for very long. Could just be that he's not built like the other guys, but he seems so undersized for a heavyweight. Even Dos Santos, who isn't a huge guy, seems to tower over him. I feel bad for the guys who have to market that fight though; possibly the two least charismatic guys out there at the moment (though JDS seemed like a really nice dude on TUF and I'm sure has won over a lot of people from that alone)

I love MMA and the UFC. I just don't get an opportunity to watch it as much as I'd like.
I also haven't been on interference in a LOOONG time either.

Anywho, Munoz impresses me w/ every fight. He's got lots of heart.

But, by far, my main man is Clay Guida. His last fight vs Showtime Pettis was ugly, but that was probably the only way Clay would win....just wrap him up and smother him. But, Clay is a banger w/ tiger blood (way before Charlie Sheen discovered his):lol:

It's amazing how many of these guys are soft spoken gentlemen. But, get them in the octagon and they'll eat you. I suppose it's shocking because I grew up in the WWF era where they'd get paid to do interviews sounding like psychopaths. I suppose we expect that from the MMA fighters, but they're a different breed.

Am I the only one who thought the first minute and a half of the Florian fight was hilarious? They were throwing kicks and punches like there was no tomorrow but not one of them connected. Nothing but air. I noticed after about a minute or so and had a good laugh watching them for the next half

Haha, good point. Early on in that first round, I actually thought it was looking like Florian was going to lose. That definitely changed.

Overeem vs. Werdum should be pretty sweet. Wish I had Showtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom