The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to watch them on the rerun. My gf is making me go to a fundraiser tonight. BAH!!!!

You should explain to her that it would be in the fundraiser's best interest if you weren't involved, as they're likely to pay less if they see someone like you there.

Dalton, have you been creeping this thread the whole time? Do you watch MMA?

Guess I completely forgot about the Henderson Strikeforce fight last weekend. Not surprisingly, Dan won.

6.gif

:applaud:

Ya, I ended up staying home until it was over. Fairly good card. Dan is still a beast. It was a weird punch though. It looked like it barely connected

Did you watch the Diego Sanchez/Martin Kampman fight???? :ohmy: crazy. It was the bloodiest card I have ever seen. It seemed like every fight had someone bleeding all over the place

Yeah, I did watch the UFC fights last week. You're right, it was crazy bloody and gross. Sanchez's face was DISGUSTING at the end. Diego looked super out of shape.

Ya, his gut was jiggling all over the place. Seemed a little out of character for him. He strikes me as a guy who is crazy about training.
Apparently after the fight, Dana awarded them the $40,000 bonus for fight of the night... Then decided to tack on an extra $60,000... Then half an hour later, decided to tack on another $60,000.

Not sure why I included 's in your name on my last post :scratch:

But ya, that's huge news. Dana says he's going to let Strikeforce continue to operate the way they have been. He sort of contradicts himself though, because part of the reason for them acquiring Strikeforce was that UFC "needs more fighters". I guess it's only a matter of time before they swallow them up.
I hope they bring over Overeem though

Oh man. That was crazy. Did you notice Shogun tapped? Jones is for real. I think he'll be champ for a while

I was wondering, the video I found of it seemed like it suddenly just ended. Makes sense. Yeah, that was insane, he destroyed him.

I'm starting to not mind Hardy. Hes coming across a lot more humble, but I guess that happens when you lose 3 straight. I was surprised how boring that card was. With Johnson, hardy, and Davis all being fairly exciting fighters, we were treated to another wrestle snooze fest. But that was a crazy submission by the Korean Zombie

Yeah, I was pretty excited by the card as well, unfortunately the fights didn't end up as good as I thought they might. I actually don't mind watching wrestling too much, as I went to a bunch of my football friends' wrestling meets in high school. That said, when nothing is done with the take downs, it's unfortunate. I thought Anthony Johnson still worked Hardy though, despite the unexciting nature of it all.

Watching the mid fight interviews with GSP and Shields makes me wonder even more if GSP is seriously going to flat out embarrass Shields. When Shields brags about how great his camp and training is going by throwing out, "Yeah, we had Cort McGee come train with us last week", you sorta wonder how pathetic the guy's camp is. Cort trains out of the same city I live in, so I like him as much as any MMA fan might, but the guy is a relative newbie amateur in the grand scheme of things, not exactly the type who's going to really help your pre-fight training. Sort of a night and day difference when GSP does training camps with Freddie Roach and Roger Gracie.

Thanks for posting that, Mofo. Very interesting indeed. Funny how Brock used to come off as a total prick, but he seems like a genuinely likable guy.
Ariel always has the best interviews

He's still super vague about the Undertaker thing.

I'm looking forward to the new season of The Ultimate Fighter starting tomorrow. :up:

I wonder if it had something to do with Sable

And yes, I'm super stoked too

As much as I think Daley is a dick, I'd really like to see Nick Diaz get knocked out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom