The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have no doubt that some hinky nonsense happened in the line, but that totally-real death threat text and "i filed a report and i will sue" post are definitely /r/quityourbullshit material.

I scrolled back to the first post I remembered him making right after the show, where he compared the list to Auschwitz (which is crazy) - all of his posts were deleted, and in that thread Mark said even back then that he was making up stories about death threats.

I have no idea who's right, nor do I want to get involved whatsoever... I'm just cautioning against jumping to any conclusions one 3qy or they other.

I think it's very important to state that there is zero proof beyond this and that this person making the accusations also spewed some wacky stuff himself in the ga thread and could be a cookoo bird

It's almost as if there's a good chance that people who get obsessive about lines, no matter what side they're on, might not have the finest grasp on reality.

This whole thing is so bizarre to me. Lining up at all for this tour is completely unnecessary. We rolled into Vegas 1 “early” at 6:30-6:45-ish after a day at the pool, and we stood right behind a certain “fixture” on the GA rail. I photobombed all of her selfies.

I was dyyyyyinnnnnnngggg.

Seriously, the line thing is just an ego trip at this point.

I mean, I'm not a Nate fan but I would be shocked if he was behind that. Also, you can easily fake texts like that with a burner number.

Check out the Atlanta group. The lady who tried to start the line while in Nashville was attacking the appearance of a woman who got a drumstick from Larry. Such class.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1355330857922124/permalink/1553698398085368/
I've definitely seen some drama or eccentric people in other fan bases over the years. But this is literally the only band where I've ever experienced this much drama. Even if the death threats are fake and just considering the other stuff that goes on, I mean... wow.

At the end of the day, it's just concerts, you know? And most of the people who go to these things are really good people too. And I suppose most things in life can still bring the worst out in people, but it's still unfortunate.

This whole thing is so bizarre to me. Lining up at all for this tour is completely unnecessary. We rolled into Vegas 1 “early” at 6:30-6:45-ish after a day at the pool, and we stood right behind a certain “fixture” on the GA rail. I photobombed all of her selfies.

:lol:

Must have been an entertaining night.

:applaud:

Not all heroes wear capes.

I've definitely seen some drama or eccentric people in other fan bases over the years. But this is literally the only band where I've ever experienced this much drama.

100% agree. People like to say that this happens with all bands, but jaysus... I really don't believe that it does.

That Atlanta thread that dayglo posted sure was some :corn: though. EDIT: Looks like a lot of it was scrubbed, just as it always is. There was another gigantic conflict between them in another post (the original call for the 'virtual' line). We need to really get screenshots for posterity. These people should be embarrased how they act.

I really just wanted to say "look, I don't know who is at fault here or who's good/bad, but look at yourselves and ask yourselves if you'd feel comfortable showing this argument to teenagers."

I honestly don't even think this type of shit goes on to this extent at with teen band fans, let alone U2...

Last edited:
All Atlanta and Omaha does is prove once again that the band/LiveNation need to be set a uniform policy across all venues, have boots on the ground to help enforce the policies, and communicate said policies (whatever they may be) to all GA ticket holder.

U2 and their management probably have the mindset of "fuck this, we just need to get through the next month to be through with NA and this nonsense."

U2 and their management probably have the mindset of "fuck this, we just need to get through the next month to be through with NA and this nonsense."

I think its more likely U2 and their management (upper level at least) have no idea about any of what goes on, nor do they care.

I think its more likely U2 and their management (upper level at least) have no idea about any of what goes on, nor do they care.
Oh they definitely know that there is a fan run list... I just think they only get to hear the side of "oh my god the venue isn't honoring their publicly issued policy, the humanity!" as opposed to those who may have other opinions.

But agreed with "they don't care."

Last edited:
We showed up in Nashville at like, 6:30 or 6:45 and the line was SUPER long. We got in the back, got our wrist band and I swear to god were in in like 15 minutes. That's the fastest moving GA line ever.

Got a great spot on the Red Zone rail and loved the entire show. Could have gotten even closer but didn't really want to (we're older and like hanging back a little). Lining up super early might be fun for a one time experience (I did it twice back in 2000 and 2001 for Atlanta) but it's absolutely not necessary to get a great spot. Like... at all.

As a side note: 2000 in Atlanta didn't have a list. I was like, #6 in line behind a group of girls. It was awesome. We all just hung around and left if we had to grab a bite to eat or pee... but there was no leaving the line for any length of time.

Then in 2001 when we came back the list thing had started. We were a little further back, maybe 20 or 25, but it was still basically the same. No leaving for any real length of time. The list was more of a backup than anything.

2000 was the Level Ground Beneath Your Feet tour. 2 shows in Atlanta, I think. Ax back me up on this.

Back
Top Bottom