The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Nashville policy is indeed a good start, and I hope they don't change it to accommodate the needs of "traveling line leaders".

Looks like you guys are advocating for something like this, which was just sent out by Bridgestone Arena (with whom the local fan line leader has been communicating with for several weeks now)
unMxB2LMOi1Tl07GK0CazOUq_XIYQI15iJn7XSOV7ue-4ES3xLoPcCH2aWvCtjYzJP1uACiJtqUGNY9B9vhcfDyGkMZPnXnEBmC1tHleDvvHcLHcKZgAUDsO77aVJAApzGStn9DSawUlAKCihpvqtyYv26ca=s0-d-e1-ft

Yeah, this is fine. Everyone knows about it, all cool. Nobody showing up with a list trying to trump people who've shown up at 6am on the day.

Man, I'm gonna be GA at the Nashville show and don't really know what to expect with that policy. Was planning on showing up at 6:30 or so, wonder how full it's going to be at that point due to how much time people have to check-in beforehand. (getting into town mid Sunday)

I'd rather have it run by the venue than some nutty fans, that's for sure.

"I've never seen anyone have their name put on a list without being there in person."

Well, we know this has happened on numerous occasions.

The problem is bad line leaders. This happened on 360 from what I've heard but I haven't heard of it happening on the last 2 tours, and I've been pretty in the loop with GA line drama.

Nate is a good line leader. In Phoenix he worked with the venue weeks ahead of show time, developed a good relationship with security, and convinced them to have the line on the venue property. The line was clearly visible from the roadway and was right next to the parking lot. The issue is that inexperienced line leaders don't know how to work with the venue, which is why you end up with lines that aren't on venue property.

Agreed. I think Ford Field did this back in September. Make the procedure known to everyone. :up:

Lol Naomi, Nate's other half, played a large role in getting the venue to announce the line to everyone. Believe it or not, the list people are actually in favor of the venue making information to everyone.

I am not sure you will be able to see these. But *gasp* it may as well be an online check in. Also, horror of horrors what if it becomes a Bruce system! :panic:View attachment 11961View attachment 11962

Uhhh...Nate was complaining about how the GA line for Chicago essentially has one check-in. He thinks having one check-in is too easy. But way to misrepresent his Facebook comments and imply that this comment in response to Nashville's GA line policy.

Lol Naomi, Nate's other half, played a large role in getting the venue to announce the line to everyone. Believe it or not, the list people are actually in favor of the venue making information to everyone.

I have no issues with with Naomi, FYI. I've never seen her obnoxiously tell fans to get a seat if they disagree with the system.

Holy shit I never thought I'd see the day where the venue actually sent out the check in procedure. I think I need to sit down in one of those comfortable seats.

Man, I'm gonna be GA at the Nashville show and don't really know what to expect with that policy. Was planning on showing up at 6:30 or so, wonder how full it's going to be at that point due to how much time people have to check-in beforehand. (getting into town mid Sunday)

I'd rather have it run by the venue than some nutty fans, that's for sure.

I hope that mid Sunday is a typo, otherwise you will find that you have the whole arena to yourself...

The problem is bad line leaders. This happened on 360 from what I've heard but I haven't heard of it happening on the last 2 tours, and I've been pretty in the loop with GA line drama.

Nate is a good line leader. In Phoenix he worked with the venue weeks ahead of show time, developed a good relationship with security, and convinced them to have the line on the venue property. The line was clearly visible from the roadway and was right next to the parking lot. The issue is that inexperienced line leaders don't know how to work with the venue, which is why you end up with lines that aren't on venue property.

The line leader(s) on the ground in Nashville have also been in regular communication with the venue for a couple of months, and that is probably why Bridgestone announced it to all.

So.... is it just me or is it a bit telling that the screen shot refers to "an online check in system that we should all be against".... in other words, a well publicized, open to all GA ticket holders, check-in system online and accessible by phone would give every GA ticket holder equal access is a bad thing.

Sounds to me like an online system would be great -- ticket holders from different states have the same access as locals who have the same access as those who work or don't work during the day and so on.

Eh, I always thought the beauty of GA was a first in line, first in system. You put in the time and were rewarded with a great spot. But, you know, you actually were *there*, not calling a number or clicking a button.

It got convoluted with not-actually-queueing, check-ins, off-site lists, private Facebook groups, bs reservations for out-of-state regulars and other hyphenated phrases.

If you have a publicized start time and location, like this Nashville situation, that minimizes the issues *to a degree*. But who is really running this and what's stopping anyone from showing up at 5am? Or lining up outside the gate before 6? I have, ahem, reservations...

Shenanigans will ensue but this does seem a potential step up from the usual shitshow.

So.... is it just me or is it a bit telling that the screen shot refers to "an online check in system that we should all be against".... in other words, a well publicized, open to all GA ticket holders, check-in system online and accessible by phone would give every GA ticket holder equal access is a bad thing.

Sounds to me like an online system would be great -- ticket holders from different states have the same access as locals who have the same access as those who work or don't work during the day and so on.
Nah. That would suck.

It's also never happening.

Some sort of effort should be required here. Personally I'm in favor of the come and sir your butt down and don't leave until the show starts method - but in lieu of that, I'm in favor of a check in system that is publicized to every GA ticket holder, not just those who are a part of Facebook groups.

I'm fairly tech savvy and I never would have looked for GA line information via private Facebook group if I didn't read about it here first.

I have been a member of this community for 13 years, and I didn't have a clue about the Facebook secret groups until TJT30. They AREN'T well publicized, and neither are the list locations.

God, this gives me nightmares of the check in procedures for Chicago 360 2011. I was 60 miles away and couldn't get in line because of the check in procedures, but all of the people who had been at the show before were already "in line". That was when my eyes were first opened to out of hand things had become.

God, this gives me nightmares of the check in procedures for Chicago 360 2011. I was 60 miles away and couldn't get in line because of the check in procedures, but all of the people who had been at the show before were already "in line". That was when my eyes were first opened to out of hand things had become.

I distinctly remember a friend of mine complaining that morning about the "line budgers" who got to the venue at the announced time and location and went ahead of most, if not all, of the list members.

The whole thing is madness. I do not think that GA should be an endurance contest - on the one hand if you're nuts enough to sit outside an arena for two days, that's on you, but it shouldn't be necessary. And "line leaders" in communication with venues for weeks?!

I don't have a perfect solution but Springsteen's lottery sounds like it goes a long way to eliminating secretive fan bullshit and stops the whole thing from becoming a "maybe you'd be more comfortable in seats" endurance shitshow.

Not only do I have a bridge, but the river that runs underneath it, I’ll give you a two for one deal. Act now, or you’ll regret it.

I stayed overnight MSG for Vertigo because I could only afford one pair of tix at the time and thus wanted to guarantee myself an unobstructed, close view whether I ended up inside or outside the ellipse. That lottery system didn't dissuade a line; a Springsteen lottery system would.
However!
I still like the idea of putting in time for a spot... though haven't shown up sooner than morning-of since.

I think it really speaks to the UNHEALTHY obsession that people have. Been up front for TONS of shows already, but stomp their feet and are completely upset about a potential lottery where people who have never been up there before are there instead? Selfish assholes - give someone else a chance you complete dicks. There are a lot of massive U2 fans in this world, and not all of them are fucked in the head.

Back
Top Bottom