The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was it just me or did it seem like the GA was WAY more packed night 2? I had a bird's eye view, mind you, instead of being in it, but it just really seemed like the pit was dense and went almost all the way to the back.

Was it just me or did it seem like the GA was WAY more packed night 2? I had a bird's eye view, mind you, instead of being in it, but it just really seemed like the pit was dense and went almost all the way to the back.

It didn't seem any more or less packed then the 2015 LA Forum shows,. I had no problem freely moving from the area about 6- 8 people back from the stage/screen ramp dead center to the screen on both Adam's and Edges side to the back of the floor a few people back from the 2nd stage. Also, it seemed like the Red Zones could have held at least 50 - 70 more people per side, a *lot* of room to move around in those spots.

Yeah. Red Zones could definitely be smaller. The LA/NYC floor density is further compounded by VIP platforms on the floor. I'll admit to being completely ignorant as to the existence of these in other markets for the 2015 dates.

I felt like I had enough room to bounce around

152765_o.gif

JT30 started the multi-day bullshit and it has needlessly carried over. Overnight the day before? Fine. This is beyond idiocy.

Unfortunately, Nate is probably right. The only thing that's going to solve this is U2 or Livenation stepping in and setting up their own system. Until then, this is going to keep happening. And from their end, it's a great bargain. No extra upkeep, no people to hire, and these line d-bags are probably perfectly pleasant to the them and the people at the venue.

Were they? My apparent ignorance is bliss. I never showed up until show day on those tours and was on or within 3 people of rail. I started a line on Vertigo the night before a show (only left it to pee and change clothes). This staging spreads out the good spots and sightlines moreso than Vertigo, 360 or JT30. I don't recall anyone starting a line 3+ days in advance on 360 in the US. IE lines (where the check-in and leave shit really took hold) were previous day, at least for the NYC shows I attended.

I was waiting to see how long it took for the venue process to go down the toilet. Interesting that U2 staff is supporting "the list" and overriding the venue.

Now to see if the venue will correct their "official" procedure or not [emoji848]

Came back home over the weekend after doing the first 4 shows all with GA.
There was literally ZERO drama in any of the lines. Everybody understood, respected and followed the rules in Tulsa, St Louis and San Jose. What is this drama that this forum talks about? Seriously, what drama?

This

This is a funny little echo chamber of fans that don’t queue early and complain about those that do. Then, they post things like “queueing early is not needed anyway because you can walk in at show start and get a great spot.” People complaining with no reason to complain - except to complain. LOL

U2 fans have been queuing up early for 18 years. It’s not going to change. If the band changes their GA setup, so be it. Until then, queue early or don’t. If any of you bothered to queue up and give this evil & diabolical fan-run system a try - you’d probably find (like Jamie did) that it works really well for all parties involved (including the venue staff, tour management and GA fans who aren’t total a-holes).

It’s 1:35am and I’m sitting on a sidewalk outside the venue in Omaha, checking fans in as they come to the line. Chatting about where they’re from, what other shows they might be doing, where to grab a pint...you know - being cool to each other. I’m not sure why this seems “entitled” or “douchey” to some of you, but I suspect it’s just the average run of the mill trolling from people who don’t know what the fck they’re talking about.

The haters are online, not in line.

Of course Nate has to pipe in and explain to the venue that he will change the venue's policy.

Wow what a self absorbed twit.

You’re cute. U2 actually changed the process - like they have done for every other show the past 3 tours. I think it’s adorable that you concoct these little fairytales about me. It’s turning into a little obsession some of you (who’ve never met me) seem to have.

I have to go collect my U2 paycheck and direct the crew on load-in now, so I need to step out.

I was waiting to see how long it took for the venue process to go down the toilet. Interesting that U2 staff is supporting "the list" and overriding the venue.

Now to see if the venue will correct their "official" procedure or not [emoji848]

U2 sets the rules for their show, not the venue.

This is a funny little echo chamber of fans that don’t queue early and complain about those that do. Then, they post things like “queueing early is not needed anyway because you can walk in at show start and get a great spot.” People complaining with no reason to complain - except to complain. LOL

U2 fans have been queuing up early for 18 years. It’s not going to change. If the band changes their GA setup, so be it. Until then, queue early or don’t. If any of you bothered to queue up and give this evil & diabolical fan-run system a try - you’d probably find (like Jamie did) that it works really well for all parties involved (including the venue staff, tour management and GA fans who aren’t total a-holes).

It’s 1:35am and I’m sitting on a sidewalk outside the venue in Omaha, checking fans in as they come to the line. Chatting about where they’re from, what other shows they might be doing, where to grab a pint...you know - being cool to each other. I’m not sure why this seems “entitled” or “douchey” to some of you, but I suspect it’s just the average run of the mill trolling from people who don’t know what the fck they’re talking about.

The difference is that people are not queuing they are writing a number on their hand 3 days in advance and going back to their hotel, and a large portion of fans especially local fans going to only the one show don't know anything about your little secret society, read the tweet from the venue, show up at 6AM on show day as instructed, find almost nobody there, then suddenly you show up with your list and instead of being 15th in line, they are suddenly 369th in line yet you see nothing wrong or entitled about your process?

U2 sets the rules for their show, not the venue.

So where on U2.com or on the Ticketmaster page for the shows does it tell folks when they buy GA tickets to come see you and get a number for GA entry at a nearby Dunkin' Donuts 3 days before the show? How does the vast majority of ticket holders find out about this U2 approved policy?

That's not a rule.

That's an arbitrary pile of horse shit that by it's nature excludes anyone who doesn't know to look on web forums, closed Facebook pages or the Ford Focus parked behind the local Arby's.

And I don't blame you for taking advantage of it. I blame the band's management for being wilfully ignorant to it.

If it were publicly stated band policy... ya know, a rule... more people would "check in"

The check in folks are always crying for Guy Oseary and LiveNation to help when the venue "ignores the list" and just goes by the venue's stated GA policy... you know, the actual rules... So why won't they just speak up and ask for the band to set an official policy governing check ins, line ups, lists, etc?

Ohhhhhhhhh that's right... because then it would be truly open to everyone.

Let's just make it fair for everyone. Make it an official policy. Have the line staffed by band management starting at a set time. Heck, even make it 48 hours out. Post it on the band's website and social and send instructions to anyone who purchases a GA ticket on what to do.

Allow every single person the ability to "check in."

Reality is the majority of the people who already so will still be in the front, but they just might not always be first every time.

Oh stop.

I have zero issues with anyone who lines up, parks themselves in line and actually stays there. That's not you, and that's not this list horse shit.

It's not open to everyone, no matter how many times you try to convince yourself that it is. It's open to those who know about the process, or anyone who happens to just stumble upon it.

The only publicly stated policy is the one that you stuck your nose up at in Omaha. Nothing else has been stated by the venue or the band. And oh by the way, U2 does not have the right to dictate policy. They have the right to follow the contract that was drawn up. If they're going to venue security and saying "hey guys, let's acknowledge the list to avoid incident" (which is what they're really doing, because you all make such a stink about it) then yea, 9 times out of 10 the venue, who also want to avoid a) incident, and b) pissing off an important band, will just go along with it. But they don't have to, and if they really wanted to put their foot down, venue policy would win out. Alas... it's a silly thing to cause an issue over, so in most cases they end up making a compromise to just get rid of the headache.

But to that point... instead of waiting for a venue to not acknowledge a list before crying to Guy and the band's management, why not just ask them to actually make the entire process a publicity stated "thing". Post it on their own social, and email it to ALL GA ticket buyers?

Wouldn't that be the fair thing to do? If it's all about the fan community and all, why not do what you can to make sure the entire community knows about it and not just friends, people who join closed Facebook groups, and somebody who thinks to search Twitter?

The majority of the "haters" would certainly back that plan, as you should as well. Because the only reason not to support it would be because you want it to remain exclusive, which, ya know, would mean that all the "haters" and "trolls" and "people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about" (psst, you can curse here) would actually be, ya know, right.

So how about it? Use your soap box or Prius or whatever you're standing on to do this check in thing (which isn't a queue, by definition, btw... it's only a queue if everyone sits their asses down and waits) and get the band to get more involved and to share this information publicly, put it in the contract, etc. For the community and all.

Btw the DC1 list started a month ago. Check ins are at 6 am, 3 pm, and 2:09 am behind the Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street (but we move it daily, so i can't really say where it'll be tomorrow). Feel free to stop by and check in. We're using a purple sharpie!

Last edited:
I knew Headache and Hewson would deliver. Good posts, gents.

If you want to be in a queue, fucking sit your arse down and stay there. The only acceptable check-in systems are those that are publicised directly to every GA ticketholder. Everything else is so full of shit that you could use it as manure for every arable region within a day's drive of the venue and still have leftovers. If the official info says don't show until, say, 6am, you fucking heard the man, don't show up until 6am.

Back
Top Bottom