The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If she's not kidding, she'll piss off the entitled group in which case it's also enjoyable. "11 Days in Inglewood" sounds Hunter S. Thompson-y to me.

A deep troll would be pretty hilarious.

Somebody legit queuing for 11 days would be all-time hilarious.

So we win either way.

Okay, so I haven't GA'd in a loooooong time and am planning to go to the concert on Monday in San Jose with my 12 year old son and my brother-in-law. And then I see that there's a line that's already started with check-ins twice a day and a sign in and...WHAT?

Can someone tell me if my kid and I need to pack overnight bags and head down to San Jose today?

Nah. Indications thus far are that they spend more time on center and e stage than before so some distance is ideal. Which is FINE.

Nah. Indications thus far are that they spend more time on center and e stage than before so some distance is ideal. Which is FINE.

OK, cool. My only concern is my son's height, he is a bit of a little guy for 12 but hopefully he'll be able to find a great spot for watching.

Okay, so I haven't GA'd in a loooooong time and am planning to go to the concert on Monday in San Jose with my 12 year old son and my brother-in-law. And then I see that there's a line that's already started with check-ins twice a day and a sign in and...WHAT?

Can someone tell me if my kid and I need to pack overnight bags and head down to San Jose today?

No. Just arrive comfortably at a time of your choosing on show day, enjoy your day, and you will enjoy the show. Anything else is just pure madness.

No. Just arrive comfortably at a time of your choosing on show day, enjoy your day, and you will enjoy the show. Anything else is just pure madness.

If its anything like 2015 then being further back is better than front barrier- plus you'll get a shot at being near the b- stage. Ignore the GA line obsessives.

The only way i'd wait in line for anything that long is if heaven is actually real and there's an In and Out on every corner up there. But if it's just like Burger King, I'd probably just show up late and take my chances.

OK, cool. My only concern is my son's height, he is a bit of a little guy for 12 but hopefully he'll be able to find a great spot for watching.

Took my 13 year old to Boston I+e GA in 2015 when he wasn’t that tall. Not only was he able to move around the floor to find a good spot, other fans often cleared a lane for him to get closer to the ramp or stage - and then encouraged me to follow him so we wouldn’t get separated. Unbelievably generous fans at those shows...

43 days with shit on you. You may have your own Brown Zone on the floor come showtime.

As others have said, hang back at the rear of GA, at center ice. I'd recommend trying to get a spot on the rail separating RZ & GA. That way you have something behind you to lean against for support. Or even better get a spot on the rail of one of the small satellite stages, which are located at the rear of RZ, separating it from GA. It will be the same as the GA/RZ rail above, but you'll have a member of the band perform very close to you for one song.

If you don't know where the satellite stages are click the spoiler below. Though you'll be spoiled about one song in the set.
At the bottom of the screen of the video below, Edge leaves the e-stage down the stairs, goes behind GA, down the sideline, to his satellite stage. Notice Adam on the other satellite stage, nearly behind the screen.

https://youtu.be/lNZ7qbTcW1U

Last edited:
As others have said, hang back at the rear of GA, at center ice. I'd recommend trying to get a spot on the rail separating RZ & GA. That way you have something behind you to lean against for support. Or even better get a spot on the rail of one of the small satellite stages, which are located at the rear of RZ, separating it from GA. It will be the same as the GA/RZ rail above, but you'll have a member of the band perform very close to you for one song.

If you don't know where the satellite stages are click the spoiler below. Though you'll be spoiled about one song in the set.
At the bottom of the screen of the video below, Edge leaves the e-stage down the stairs, goes behind GA, down the sideline, to his satellite stage. Notice Adam on the other satellite stage, nearly behind the screen.

https://youtu.be/lNZ7qbTcW1U

Is the spoiler song La Bamba? Is it is, isn't it. They do La Bamba. Damn. I knew it!!!

Gross.

I think I should start when we get to 40 days out. That seems like a trolly U2 thing to do

How long, how long to sit in this line.

Do you commute daily? Please claim you have started the queue at a nearby railway station or bus stop, with check-in at 9am and 5pm, and as you come and go from work make sure you post photos of the line's progress.

Thank you Inteferencers!!! I was just starting to fret about Vegas 2 (5/12) and what time to get in GA line as I am driving in that day from L.A. and don't feel like standing out in the Vegas heat longer than I need to (plus I am getting OLDer) and you know what?

I am just gonna take a chill pill and arrive around 5 or 6 and get in wherever we land. Last time we joined the GA line about an hour before Doors and get a decent enough spot and there is no reason this should be any different. For IE maybe 3 hours before but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom