The January Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Did you know that more people commit suicide and more couples break up in January than in any other month?

So if you're feeling down, or if people are pissing you off more than usual, just remember that February will come soon.
smile.gif

If that doesn't work, listen to Discotheque a lot!
wink.gif

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

It's unbelievable how many people I know are going trhough so much crap right now. Myself included.

As if January doesn't suck enough, without disaster striking. Three cheers for February!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
...the steam of my misfortunes, has given me the power to be afraid.

January sucks...it's cold and a boring new beginning.
February is worse...it's even colder.
March is okay...my birthday is the 9th.
April is yucky...yards are muddy.
May is okay...flowers are nice.
June is pretty decent...summertime!
July sucks...too hot.
August sucks...time to go back to school...and it's still too hot.
September sucks...school.
October is okay...Halloween is okay.
November is okay...Thanksgiving...but it's too cold.
Decemeber is pretty decent...the cold sucks, but I love Christmas.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

January is actually pretty great here.
The sun is shining, people are on holidays, skies are blue,beaches are full, daylight savings...

Feb can be depressing because it holds Valentines Day :/

jan. does suck. that is why for the last 4 years my friends and i go on a bender every january. it is this coming weekend and i can't wait to get blotto with them.

i recommend it for anyone feeling down.

Thanks for the advice edgerulz!

Here's a "Schabow" just for you!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I like February because it is my birthday month. Also, at least you can feel that the days are getting longer. In Seattle, there are already many signs of Spring in February cause we don't have a real winter here, just fall that changes into spring.

A good way to cheer yourself up in January is to go out an buy yourself a heart-shaped box of chocolates because you know they will be all sold out by the time the actual Valentine's Day arrives. Show that you are a good little consumer and buy your chocolates early.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 01-13-2002).]

I actually enjoy January. It starts off with a holiday and the "magic" of the entire holiday season still lingering. And while I admit that sometimes the post-holiday weeks can be a tad depressing, the freshness of a new year, with all its possibilities, gives me hope.

Then, if one is lucky, he/she might have another day off from work or school thanks to the heroic efforts of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Not only does one get a nice enjoyable 3-day weekend, but one can honor a person who set an example for us all.

Also, if one lives in the north, the purity of snow is something that continues to amaze me. Today, for example, the Boston area received a nice little coating of snow. It wasn't much, but seeing those flakes fall reminded me of simpler, fun times.

Winter does drag on, and if I ever do become annoyed with the season, it occurs by March, as the melting snow leaves only dreary muddy puddles and barren trees. But January remains one of my favorite months (and at my current job, I do NOT get off MLK day).

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 01-15-2002).]

I like January too, the whole "starting off fresh" thing, a new year, all that crap. I'm not a big fan of February. By then, the snow and other factors such as stupid holidays piss me off. March is good because of spring break (I'm going to London!!!!) and my b-day on the 30th. October is my favorite month, because it's the best part of fall (my favorite season)--football, plus my favorite holiday, Halloween. I'll shut up now.

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

what the thing....seasonal affective disorder? where reduced sunlight leads to depression...?

i think sad januaries are definitely a product of that phenomenon. i'm just glad there is interference, and that it offers so many alternatives to ordinary life!

My two least favorite months of the year are January and February. Too windy. Too cold (although L.A. is warm compared to most climes). Big waves on the California coastline. But fucking cold for us wimpy west coasters.

WOW!! Yeah even tho January is my birthday month (turning 20!), This year, this time in my life, this MONTH, is VERY hard. I'm going thru soooo much shit right now ( and i expect others are too). Things are looking bleak....but also it is a new beginning and to think of all the possibilities to come.....it's hopeful.

But U2 always helps me thru tough times. They've been there thru thick and thin....and with new material on the way, things are looking brighter already.

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

Originally posted by mikal:
Did you know that more people commit suicide and more couples break up in January than in any other month?

I wonder if it has anything to do with people not getting the presents they wanted...
wink.gif

But that's interesting - and at least it's good to know that I'm not alone in having a so-so to crappy January so far...

------------------
And I don't know why a man
Search for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

Originally posted by elizabeth:
what the thing....seasonal affective disorder? where reduced sunlight leads to depression...?

i think sad januaries are definitely a product of that phenomenon. i'm just glad there is interference, and that it offers so many alternatives to ordinary life!

Agreed. I think Interference's blue screen is similar to tanning bed light bulbs, and has helped me through the first half of this month.

When I lived in the midwest I used to complain that winter weather and gloomy days were the reason I was depressed in the winter ( specifically January).

Well, I've lived in SoCalifornia for almost 4 years and I'm going thru the same thing! So now, I have no excuse. I don't know WHAT it is!
But it sucks and I hope it's over soon....

Hmmmm, I was wathing this segment today on CNN, and they said the most suicides happen in April not January!

But January for me has been
frown.gif
.. especially these couple of days! *sigh*

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom