The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utoo said:
Does he have a hole in his sleeve just for his thumb (check out the first pic)? :scratch:

I wonder if he has his shirts specially tailored that way :lol:

-thats so cool you met them both!
-Bono's forehead is totally reminding me of Sting's too lol
-Your tattoo is awesome, one of my favorite lines.
-the thumb hold thing is hilarious! one of my sweatshirts came like that :huh:

congrats on the meeting! I am lovin all the relaxed pics of the guys!!
I am off to Dublin soon - cannot wait!

Lisa

I don't know how anyone could hold it together meeting Bono and Adam. I'd probably freeze in my tracks and have absolutely no intelligent thoughts come to mind. Then I'd go over it in my head for the next two months, think of all the questions I had about the album, and all of the words of gratitude I would have spewed out.

I think it's a lot of fun for the guys to meet fans from this site... who've heard songs like Levitate or Mercy or even NLOTH, and have a real emotional stake in what the band is doing and what they're preparing to record. I think that's who the band is most excited to write for (besides themselves of course...).

Needle_Chill said:

I think it's a lot of fun for the guys to meet fans from this site... who've heard songs like Levitate or Mercy or even NLOTH, and have a real emotional stake in what the band is doing and what they're preparing to record. I think that's who the band is most excited to write for (besides themselves of course...).

:yes: :up:

p.s. you're avi is the cutest thing /ever/

Needle_Chill said:

that made me :) , yeh he did seem really interested on how i got it and seemed genuinely happy that good stuff like that doesnt get thrown away and gets out.

im still the happiest dude around :) when u have the feeling that its gonna happen u gotta go with it.

djgeeree said:

that made me :) , yeh he did seem really interested on how i got it and seemed genuinely happy that good stuff like that doesnt get thrown away and gets out.

im still the happiest dude around :) when u have the feeling that its gonna happen u gotta go with it.

Hi Mate

Its Jonny, I was there with you at the studios and walked back into Dublin with you. Did you get home ok ?
I've still not got over it, still buzzin'.

Great day eh, the memories will last forever.

Keep in touch and talk soon.

Jonny

Hey Jonny! yes mate got home grand, had a few beers in the trainstation, went home and partied it up! fantastic day great to meet such great fans of u2.
next time i hear somethin good is goin down im gonna be there! :)
hopefully see you again dude

djgeeree,

Way to go with meeting up with bono, adam and lanois. Sounds you had one of those 'once in a lifetime' moments, but do it again if you can-why not :wink:

What can you tell us that maybe we can't see or understand from your encounter regarding their demeanor about the recordings, if anything?

I just wish we had some insight or even a shot of the bands attitude going into the new album sessions. I already mentioned how drawn to the REM sessions I've been and they are doing the best thing they can by streaming daily video updates on their website. U2 could, and in my estimation, has time to try new tactics like this that they haven't done before. It could really get the p.r. machine going and build some different anticipation that the deeper fan-base could appreciate.

I agree with you Mofo!! It would be nice to get a little more updates. Didn't U2 once have a webcam set up during the recording sessions of ATYCLB?? either way I am super excited about the new album!

mofo82 said:

I just wish we had some insight or even a shot of the bands attitude going into the new album sessions. I already mentioned how drawn to the REM sessions I've been and they are doing the best thing they can by streaming daily video updates on their website. U2 could, and in my estimation, has time to try new tactics like this that they haven't done before. It could really get the p.r. machine going and build some different anticipation that the deeper fan-base could appreciate.

The Edge is on fire, what else do you want? Footage of the melting beanies?

I heard they had webcams set up, but i was a little behind the 8-ball. I literally went and bought ATYCLB on a whim the day it was released, so i missed on the pre-album hype there, but didnt miss a thing for the bomb.

It's amazing, with all the emphasis they've put on communication, technology and breaking new ground, from zoo-tv to u23d, that they've missed some golden opportunities, including using the internet and live show downloads amongst other things.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

for instance, i was just watching this program on cable tv, the ovation channel, where bono and the edge are basically chatting it up with the interviewer (didnt catch his name) but they were discussing in detail how performing Boy tunes melted into playing new tunes never heard before.

REM is doing the same thing, but prior to the release that's a month from now. It just shows the kind of balls/ courage it takes to take the risk of hearing new tunes and hear the excitement in their voices DURING the making of the album- probably the most exciting and creative times. As an artist, I really enjoy that.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Hmm, melting beanies...

You know, it was right around AB when he started wearing them that he lost most of his hair. Could he be THAT on fire?? He was playin' pretty damn hot on Zoo TV- Coincidence? :wink: :eyebrow:

I get the feeling U2 is trying to keep things as secretive as possible, and further magnify this "we have a groundbreaking sound on the horizon" attitude....no? I wasn't around here during Bomb sessions so I don't know, but it just seems like they are going through this new album jamming/recording process in a kinda covert way...anyone sense this or am I going crazy :)

Rob33 said:
I get the feeling U2 is trying to keep things as secretive as possible, and further magnify this "we have a groundbreaking sound on the horizon" attitude....no? I wasn't around here during Bomb sessions so I don't know, but it just seems like they are going through this new album jamming/recording process in a kinda covert way...anyone sense this or am I going crazy :)

Information about the new album was almost the same during the Bomb sessions. Ok, then we got a few 'beach clips' of Miracle Drug, All Because of You and Love and Peace or Else. But we can't complain now because we had already new beach clips in 2006, a few clips this month and hopefully a lot of new clips in the next months. The Bono talk about the new album is also much the same as it was then (then: 'punk rock from venus'; now: 'molton metal', etc.).

Bono does tend to hype but from what I remember the descriptions of this material are different from ATYCLB/Bomb.

I mean, "left field compared to last two albums" (U2.com report from Morocco), "fantastically innovative songs" (Lanois), "radical/groundbreaking" (band members). Also, I think them co-writing with Eno and Lanois can only broaden their horizon (no pun intended).

"The first recording of U2's new sound"????

Please. That sounds like some 12 year old farting around at Guitar Center with a broken wah pedal.

the new sound = Edge learned to make real music with the Guitar Hero guitar...

in fact, thei'r whole tour would be known as "U2: Rock Band Tour"

anyway, is anyone planning any trips? are we gonna get something new soon? we really need something new around here

EYIW's current status........:tsk:

tomtom said:
That Tom Cruise picture makes me afraid and want my mommy.

so you get the idea

tom-cruise-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom