The good thing thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weather is good.
I am going away for the weekend. :happy:
U2 have just been on the radio.
Another week until I start back at uni.
:wink:

I saw my 8 week old godson yesterday and he smiled at me! :happy:

^ :cute:

I'm going to see Lee Evans tonight!
I'm camping in my friend's garden tomorrow night! :hyper:
I got my uni accomodation through.

:)

I opened my Lit/Comp book and a mulleted Bono was staring at me (well, that part was pretty frightening actually). As a "real world connection" there's a page of U2 and the song Pride placed after a piece on MLK. It was pretty amazing...

...I also had mac & cheese for dinner...

That's nice, RedrocksU2 :up: :).

VertigoGal said:
I opened my Lit/Comp book and a mulleted Bono was staring at me (well, that part was pretty frightening actually). As a "real world connection" there's a page of U2 and the song Pride placed after a piece on MLK. It was pretty amazing...

LOL, hey, that's pretty cool :D!

bono_gal said:
Today been pretty good, but one thing stands out from the rest...

My cousin had her baby :cute:

Aw :cute: :). Congrats to her. Girl or boy?

Let's see, good things for today...

-Got to sleep in again this morning
-Another sunny day
-My classes I had today were fun-good class discussions and whatnot
-Met a couple more people at school today, who were really nice
-Heard some good songs this afternoon while hanging out at home inbetween classes
-Three-day weekend, baby, LOL :applaud: :p.

Angela

My nice boss let me and my headache go home early.

This evening, I showed a neighbor's kid how to register at an online forum and helped him sign up for a yahoo mail account ('cause his folks aren't big on the computer stuff.) His parents do have their computer in the living room, which is also a good thing with kids.

I just got hit with some not-so-great news, but since I really need to find a silver lining right now I'll try to think of some good things:

-I'm listening to The Joshua Tree right now
-My t-shirt that I could barely fit in a few months ago is baggy on me.

Ummm...that's it right now. I'll think of some more when I'm in a better mood. :sigh:

Finally got in touch with my ex girlfriend who lives in New Orleans, she escaped, but her apartment is doomed, but she is alive!

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

It's entitled "Rock Of The 80s"

Whip It-Devo
Call Me-Blondie
My Sharona-The Knack
I Ran (So Far Away)-A Flock Of Seagulls
One Thing Leads To Another-The Fixx

WOW ... where did you get it ??
I want to go and buy it ... such GREAT songs !! :up:

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Nice score with the car, too, MsMofoGone :up: :).

Thanks !! :hug:
It was such a GOOD deal with that employee discount ... I couldn't pass it up ...
Plus, my old car was falling apart at 12 years old anyway !! :wink:

Going to visit my friends in Chicago and the Northern suburbs later today, as this is the "holiday" weekend ... so, I can stay there for a couple days and return home on Monday.
Can't wait ... We will have a great time ... :wink:

MsMofoGone said:
WOW ... where did you get it ??
I want to go and buy it ... such GREAT songs !! :up:

I got it at Hastings-a music/books/videos store. Hope you can find it in a store near where you are.

I just got hit with some not-so-great news

:( :hug:. I'm sorry. Hope that things get better for you soon.

Also...

DeadMansParty said:
Finally got in touch with my ex girlfriend who lives in New Orleans, she escaped, but her apartment is doomed, but she is alive!

Shame about the apartment, but glad to hear that she's all right :up:. That's definitely wonderful news.

Good things for today:

-Got to leave sociology class early (like the class, but it's nice to be able to leave early on a Saturday morning, LOL)
-Watched a DVD with one of my favorite artists, and quite enjoyed it :)
-Yet another lovely day weather-wise. Hot, though. But eh, I can deal with that.
-Got croissants from Burger King for breakfast...absolutely yummy :up: :D
-New wave show's on tonight, yippee!

Angela

-got a homecoming dress and earrings for 25 bucks total, it's turquoise and the earrings are turquiose chandelier earrings, and i love them
-had really good chinese food for dinner
-had a cadbury chocolate bar with caramel inside
-it's a long weekend
-the guy i like is gonna ask me to homecoming
-i listened to the velvet underground today
-hung out at this rich girls house, she had a pool and a pool table and an awesome TV
-had a generally awesome day and i love my friends to death

im so happy randomly :D

:bump:

I have just started a work placement and everyone seems friendly! The sun was shining when I drove home and U2 was on the radio.:wink:

Let's see, good things about today:

-It's a gorgeous day outside again
-My mom got a really cute stuffed puppy at a store this morning, which is sitting on the desk in front of me right now. She got it 'cause it reminded her of a dog we used to have :).
-Got my final draft of the first part of my essay for English class done.

And this didn't happen today, but it is a recent event that made me happy-I got a lot of compliments about something I'd written for my creative writing class :). I tend to be really critical of my writing, so hearing all those great comments really made me feel good, and more comfortable about sharing other things I will write with these people.

Angela

My friend phoned from NY to say she arrives here on Thursday and to just talk for a while .
I will be moving out in exactly one week to go to Spain
I am being taken out for a (surprise) leaving dinner at the weekend but my friend can't keep a secret :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom