The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

I know... I hope that I wouldn't have been suckered if I hadn't known about it beforehand, but who knows? :schrug:

And why did I just spell "shrug" like it was German.... :lol:

lichtenstein has seeped into our brains.

everytime ithink
kunstmuseum i cant stop giggling . have been for 2 days since it was thought of .

Alisaura said:

I know... I hope that I wouldn't have been suckered if I hadn't known about it beforehand, but who knows? :schrug:

And why did I just spell "shrug" like it was German.... :lol:

Answer this one simple question and we'll see if you'd be fooled:

You find an account on a popular Internet site like MySpace or LiveJournal or Facebook that claims to be Bono's and has a few details on it that only PLEBA and Bono really know. Do you: 1. think it is Bono's or 2. think it is fake?

If #2, odds are you wouldn't have been fooled far past "Whalers".

mysterious_jen said:

lichtenstein has seeped into our brains.

everytime ithink
kunstmuseum i cant stop giggling . have been for 2 days since it was thought of .

:lol: I'm the same way with touchpad.

Fuck it, I'm laughing now.

Alisaura said:

:hmm:

I guess it wouldn't be the same if it was every day... :sigh:

Well, when the tour's going, you should have around 2-4 real ones each week.

Though those wouldn't actually be as exciting after a few shows, I don't think. I couldn't believe it, a setlist party without bickering.

Axver said:
Though I don't want to blow NLOTH for Ali. I already blew the title for her!
I can always delete that if I have to :wink:

Titles I'm not that fussed about... I've been misled by U2 song titles before... ;)

They totally need to swap the titles of Bass Trap and Endless Deep around though.

Axver said:
Answer this one simple question and we'll see if you'd be fooled:

You find an account on a popular Internet site like MySpace or LiveJournal or Facebook that claims to be Bono's and has a few details on it that only PLEBA and Bono really know. Do you: 1. think it is Bono's or 2. think it is fake?

If #2, odds are you wouldn't have been fooled far past "Whalers".
#2, but even if there were realistic details in there that even PLEBA doesn't know, I still wouldn't believe that Bono would be stupid enough to make a Facebook page for himself, under any of his actual names.

But yes, I'm fairly confident I would have been going "WTF?" pretty early on.

Axver said:
Though I loved my second encore, if I may say so myself. I just kicked back and relaxed to it. Although I came up with that transition a while back and loved it in my head, I'd never actually played it. I was afraid maybe it would be a total fuck-up somehow, but it worked.
I did try that segue you posted in the meet-up thread, and it is good. :up:

Haven't done those ones with NYD yet, though...

Alisaura said:

I can always delete that if I have to :wink:

Titles I'm not that fussed about... I've been misled by U2 song titles before... ;)

They totally need to swap the titles of Bass Trap and Endless Deep around though.

Yeah, the one recording we have is so craptastic that I'm not sure I'd include it anyway. Oh, and have you heard Mercy or not?

:lol: That's probably quite true.

Axver said:
Though those wouldn't actually be as exciting after a few shows, I don't think. I couldn't believe it, a setlist party without bickering.
That's how good the setlist was :wink:

You'd think the simple fact that you guys were saying how every single song was SO FUCKING AWESOME OMG THEY'RE ON FIRE!!!1!!one!! would raise an eyebrow... but if they bought the rest then that's nothing, I guess.

Alisaura said:

#2, but even if there were realistic details in there that even PLEBA doesn't know, I still wouldn't believe that Bono would be stupid enough to make a Facebook page for himself, under any of his actual names.

But yes, I'm fairly confident I would have been going "WTF?" pretty early on.

:lol: Exactly. There's no way he's stupid enough to do that - or computer literate enough to figure out how the fuck to use Facebook. And that's saying something, since my NANA has a Facebook.

I love how cori called it STRAIGHT AWAY and people still took it hook, line, and sinker. Wow. It's like some were very, very selectively reading.

Alisaura said:
You'd think the simple fact that you guys were saying how every single song was SO FUCKING AWESOME OMG THEY'RE ON FIRE!!!1!!one!! would raise an eyebrow... but if they bought the rest then that's nothing, I guess.

Well, note the people who fell for it. Some of them are U2 obsessive-defensives who just love everything, so it probably seemed natural. :wink:

Also, I must admit I'd forgotten just how fucking much Exit rocked live. I mean, I knew it rocked pretty fucking good, but I hadn't played it for a few months, and you better believe I was headbanging to it. I was using the 29 April 1987 version.

Fuck, I'm so jealous of everyone who saw U2 during that period.

Alisaura said:

Yeah, I've got Mercy. Never understood all the fuss, myself...

Oh, you would if you'd heard the Kunstmuseum version. The outro was fuckin' stellar. Edge was rocking it out in 29/16 time. Larry was on bongos. Adam played his bass with spoons.

Axver said:
I love how cori called it STRAIGHT AWAY and people still took it hook, line, and sinker. Wow. It's like some were very, very selectively reading.
Ah, but cori didn't say right out blatantly that it was BS. People suck at catching subtlety, especially when there's a surprise U2 gig going down in funky landlocked Lichtenstein. :wink:

Alisaura said:

Ah, but cori didn't say right out blatantly that it was BS. People suck at catching subtlety, especially when there's a surprise U2 gig going down in funky landlocked Lichtenstein. :wink:

That's the best part about it. Save the whalers in one of only two double-landlocked countries in the world. Well, I guess they do need help if they're that far from water.

Alisaura said:

:tsk:

I hope not too... Have any of the mods commented on the whole thing?

Not yet! I'm sure they will.

Maybe they're too busy enjoying the lulz. :wink:

Axver said:
Also, I must admit I'd forgotten just how fucking much Exit rocked live. I mean, I knew it rocked pretty fucking good, but I hadn't played it for a few months, and you better believe I was headbanging to it. I was using the 29 April 1987 version.

Fuck, I'm so jealous of everyone who saw U2 during that period.
Tell me about it... I dunno if I have that version, but any JT/RH version kicks my arse every time. *swoon*

Axver said:
Oh, you would if you'd heard the Kunstmuseum version. The outro was fuckin' stellar. Edge was rocking it out in 29/16 time. Larry was on bongos. Adam played his bass with spoons.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Man, I'm so jealous that you heard it. :madwife:

:lol:

Axver said:
That's the best part about it. Save the whalers in one of only two double-landlocked countries in the world. Well, I guess they do need help if they're that far from water.
:lol:
You know how lazy people are... I certainly wouldn't have thought of googling Lichtenstein and finding out it's landlocked. Mind you, I would have stopped at the point where U2 supports whaling, but .... :shrug:

I ALSO love how you (all?) have psychic powers and predicted All You Need Is Love and the Drowning Man snippet... and probably more later. Buy me a lotto ticket?? :laugh:

Alisaura said:

Tell me about it... I dunno if I have that version, but any JT/RH version kicks my arse every time. *swoon*

If you've got the Rock's Hottest Ticket boot, you do. :wink:

I think my favourite Exit is 18 November 1987. I would pay exorbitant amounts of money for them to do it again.

I'd be seriously willing to pay something stupid like $500 just to hear the set we had today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom