The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
If you've got the Rock's Hottest Ticket boot, you do. :wink:

I think my favourite Exit is 18 November 1987. I would pay exorbitant amounts of money for them to do it again.

I'd be seriously willing to pay something stupid like $500 just to hear the set we had today.
If I have Rock's Hottest Ticket, it's under a different name... :scratch:
Oh well, one more trip to u2start won't kill me :wink: (along with the dozens of others I need to make)...

Now, if we all asked our parents for $500.... :giggle:
Hell, I'd throw in my own money too!

Alisaura said:

:lol:
You know how lazy people are... I certainly wouldn't have thought of googling Lichtenstein and finding out it's landlocked. Mind you, I would have stopped at the point where U2 supports whaling, but .... :shrug:

I suspect some people just got a geographical education ...

And also learnt to read closely. I wonder how many people in their enthusiasm/selective reading saw it as save the WHALES, no 'r'.

Alisaura said:

:bow:

I hope spoons are easier to use than a pick.

It's probably an acquired art that will redefine the way the bass guitar is understood.

Axver said:
I totally couldn't have made a better set than this myself, this is so fucking amazing I have no words.
:lmao:

That thread will provide DAYS of entertainment. I need to sleep now... sleeeeeep toniiiiiiiight....

:laugh:

Axver said:
It's probably an acquired art that will redefine the way the bass guitar is understood.
That's what Adam's been doing with himself for the last year... redefining the bass. :yes:

I saw someone else post a thread with a pic of Adam's alleged new bass... was that a joke too? Cos it's.... rather Macphisto-esque. :lol:

Alisaura said:

:lmao:

That thread will provide DAYS of entertainment. I need to sleep now... sleeeeeep toniiiiiiiight....

:laugh:

Just for the record, Varitek put me up to that one.

I was laughing so hard as I typed that.

Alisaura said:

Good point. I can't wait to get to the Moby Dick part....

That, surprisingly, didn't gather much of a reaction. Clearly not a literary crowd.

Just checked... didn't even register a blip on the PLEBA radar... barring Jen's sig. :lol:

I love how I say I'm leaving and then forget and get distracted catching up.. but I mean it this time!

Seeya :D

Alisaura said:

That's what Adam's been doing with himself for the last year... redefining the bass. :yes:

I saw someone else post a thread with a pic of Adam's alleged new bass... was that a joke too? Cos it's.... rather Macphisto-esque. :lol:

Hey, I just found Adam has been LITERALLY redefining the bass. From the latest Irish English Dictionary:

bass, noun, 1. a type of fish. 2. a way to score chicks while standing around on stage looking cool with a 'fro. Usage example: With little musical talent but a cool bass, Adam Clayton fathered half of Ireland.

Alisaura said:
Just checked... didn't even register a blip on the PLEBA radar... barring Jen's sig. :lol:

I love how I say I'm leaving and then forget and get distracted catching up.. but I mean it this time!

Seeya :D

:lol: See, all the more proof it was fake. PLEBA surely would've known before us. "Bono was at Dublin airport boarding a flight to Vienna!" at least.

Have a good night! :wave:

unico said:
damn i can't keep up with you all

With a little bit of time, don't worry, you'll be postwhoring along with the rest of us. :wink:

unico said:
i didn't see the poorme and apology threads until this morning. so i crashed sometime before then.

We got nervous when people came out of the woodwork and overreacted - 7 months before a new album drops is NOT the time to get banned.

After we posted the apology I feel like more supporters felt compelled to post and say they found it funny.

unico said:
i didn't see the poorme and apology threads until this morning. so i crashed sometime before then.

Some people threw fits. Wanted the mods to come down on us like a sack of bricks because they cannot take a joke. mofo82's thread is pretty much an Interference classic already.

Varitek said:
After we posted the apology I feel like more supporters felt compelled to post and say they found it funny.

Yeah, it seems most people have been good sports about it - but then again, most people around have been from Australia/New Zealand and are the kind of people who'd think this is a good bit of a laugh even if they fell for it. I'll be very interested to see what happens in the coming hours, given our theory on global senses of humour and reactions towards being taken for a ride.

And, of course, the over-presence of obsessive-defensive hyper-fans here. Let's over-hyphenate more-sentences here shall-we!

Varitek said:
Speaking of interference classics everybody go read the thread about Bono hating.

The one about YouTube comments on the Ronnie Drew song? Wow. This is a classic:

redhill said:
He has cancer idiots - and the man it was written for has said he likes it and it is helping... So SHUT UP ABOUT IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

Yes, we all better like everything liked by cancer patients we don't even know and will never interact with. But what if Ronnie Drew hates One? What then, Interference? I'm in the clear, but most of the board isn't!

unico said:
:lol: since when have youtube comments been a source of political insight and inspiration?

Didn't you get the memo? We're replacing academic literature with YouTube comments. They're more entertaining, more abundant, and there seems to be a far greater - indeed, endless - supplty of people to produce them.

Axver said:

Yes, we all better like everything liked by cancer patients we don't even know and will never interact with. But what if Ronnie Drew hates One? What then, Interference? I'm in the clear, but most of the board isn't!

Shit, wasn't WITS written for someone with eardrum cancer? I'm so in trouble for hating it.

Axver said:

Didn't you get the memo? We're replacing academic literature with YouTube comments. They're more entertaining, more abundant, and there seems to be a far greater - indeed, endless - supplty of people to produce them.

don't forget about the grammar lessons that are as equally important as the messages conveyed.

Varitek said:
Shit, wasn't WITS written for someone with eardrum cancer? I'm so in trouble for hating it.

You're already going to hell about 77 times over, but now you're going to a special corner where they chisel WITS into your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom