The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut up, LMP.

Every track was vastly different in genre and sound.

Nice rebuttal there, champ.

That's all fine and dandy, but to call people out for using soundtrack songs from different sources that do not sound alike, and then using nearly half your list from one source, albeit different genres, is hypocritical.

The ending of that Explosions in the Sky song kicks ass, and the Solar Powered People song kinda rocked too.

Now I'm on a song by the band North, not to be confused with the Elijah Wood film of the same name.

It sounds rushed. By that, I mean that the transitions are a mess. The concept is fine, I suppose, but I can't just overlook the fact that there are only about three segues that actually made me think "hmm...he certainly put some thought into that one". If you don't like hearing this criticism, you've got to realize that when so many others want to join and got shut out because your spot is filled, you really have to bring your A-game, or else.

You must be joking. There are only about two or three playlists by other people in this competition that are worth the time to listen to. So don't give me that bullshit about bringing your A-game. I could say most of the playlists throughout the history of these games sound 'rushed' but weren't. I am telling you it wasn't rushed.

You must be joking. There are only about two or three playlists by other people in this competition that are worth the time to listen to. So don't give me that bullshit about bringing your A-game. I could say most of the playlists throughout the history of these games sound 'rushed' but weren't. I am telling you it wasn't rushed.

Wow thanks for that, and I thought other people who play the game were being pretentious but to say that only 2 or 3 lists are worth it, why do you even bother participating?

The ending of that Explosions in the Sky song kicks ass, and the Solar Powered People song kinda rocked too.

Now I'm on a song by the band North, not to be confused with the Elijah Wood film of the same name.

They're pretty awesome imo

Thank you...I NEVER would've known that if you hadn't pointed it out :wink:

Nice rebuttal there, champ.

That's all fine and dandy, but to call people out for using soundtrack songs from different sources that do not sound alike, and then using nearly half your list from one source, albeit different genres, is hypocritical.

I will not have my playlist unfairly attacked because someone is too stupid to see a difference.

you know, that angers me. i put a TON of time, thought, and effort into my playlist. we're talking months. i've been working on this one since the last DI competition (meaning IV, not retro island). it's highly insulting for you to assume 80% of the participants threw theirs together at the last minute. even if you included mine in that "2 or 3" which i doubt, it's still offensive. i may not personally care for the music some used, but i'd never say something as rude as writing them off, assuming no thought was put into it.

The guitars in parts of that song by North actually reminded me of Mr. The Edge. And now I'm on the Joy Division track, and I can dig it.

I'm the only one in this thread who's actually giving you some constructive criticism, and you essentially say my list isn't worth listening to? Here's some advice: go have an epiphany somewhere and come back when you can read a running diary without losing your shit. I only wanted to help.

I will not have my playlist unfairly attacked because someone is too stupid to see a difference.

How is this an unfair attack? I haven't listened to it, so I won't comment on the "quality" of the songs, I'm only speaking about principle. You're the one who's unfairly attacking others right now.

you know, that angers me. i put a TON of time, thought, and effort into my playlist. we're talking months. i've been working on this one since the last DI competition (meaning IV, not retro island). it's highly insulting for you to assume 80% of the participants threw theirs together at the last minute. even if you included mine in that "2 or 3" which i doubt, it's still offensive. i may not personally care for the music some used, but i'd never say something as rude as writing them off, assuming no thought was put into it.

hey. you can disagree with others' opinions all you'd like, since an opinion is an opinion. but calling someone stupid is not allowed. personal attacks and all that.

no one else has done this, and even if they had it doesn't make it okay for you to do it.

I'm not saying people didn't put thought into them or work hard on them.

2 or 3? I've already listened to 6 that I really enjoyed, and another 6 that I didn't as much, but that had their moments. :shrug:

I'm not saying people didn't put thought into them or work hard on them.

But you're saying, regardless of all of it, they're just worthless in comparison to your wonderful soundtrack that you borrowed from NASA?

I'm the only one in this thread who's actually giving you some constructive criticism, and you essentially say my list isn't worth listening to? Here's some advice: go have an epiphany somewhere and come back when you can read a running diary without losing your shit. I only wanted to help.

Actually, your playlist is one of the few that are worth listening to in my opinion.

what a massive wanker. :down:

Actually, your playlist is one of the few that are worth listening to in my opinion.

:lmao: Well, OK. Shouldn't have put words in your mouth anyway.

But still, saying that only a handful of lists here are worth listening to is pretty wankerish, you have to admit.

also, it sounds like you just can't handle criticism Screw. someone tells you it sounds rushed, and you're like "nuh-uh. whatever. it's not. seriously. you're an idiot and everyone in this competition is shit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom