The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorillaz was okay but didn't do too much for me... Transitioning into Passengers not bad... this song of course is amazing! I liked the Ours track. I didn't think it transitioned well into Rejoice. Rejoice is such a killer track, maybe the best on Oct along with Gloria. Trail of Dead song started well but I lost interest at some point, lol. Pigs is of course classic! Looks like a great bunch of tracks coming up now from Queen, Pearl Jam and The Who. :drool:

Ha! Death On Two Legs into Evenflow was a funny and yet really good transition! Who Are You.. love it! Bravery... I'm really digging this song!

Moving Pictures was okay. Genesis.. good song. Police.. great song! Steely Dan/Chicago transition was so money! :drool: REM.. fucking sweet song! Beatles/Dylan cool. Nice closer from the Boss.

Even though certain songs didn't do much for me, I enjoyed the list overall! :up:

Thanks for the input, Zoots.

I've not been listening to lists because I've been sick and cannot concentrate. :lol:

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE COMPILED EVERYTHING AND WILL UPLOAD IT WHEN MY INTERNET ALLOWS ME TO DO SO

THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU LIKE ALL CAPS

This is Reggo doing her official running diary of Travis' DI List Supermassive Black Cherub Metal / #9 Dream.

Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins: The military drumrolls grabbed my attention from the start. Then it goes into the Pumpkin's trademark driving rock. I really like this song.

Broken Face - The Pixies. Silly, driving, half-thrash punk with no professional production is my favourite genre of music. :up: Win.

This running diary has been paused due to technical difficulties. iTunes freaked out at me.

Alright, back from the reboot and I've got my iPod so I don't have to deal with Vista being retarded.

Dr. Rock - Ween: I'd like it better without the vocal effects. Those annoy me on any song. Fully awesome otherwise.

The Drowners - Suede: I liked this song a lot. Very good contrast with Dr Rock, but still goes with the theme of the tracklisting. I need more by this artist.

Bah, lousy phones.

Kool Thing - Sonic Youth: I rocked out to it. :rockon:

Sabotage is the best damn Beastie Boys song ever. And if you don't like it, fuck you.

Damn, I love the Beastie Boys.

Moving on.

Connection - Elastica: Very nice, Has a good beat. I was diggin the hand claps.

Supermassive Black Hole - Muse: I don't like Muse, but for the purposes of this DI list, it works very well.

Blackest Eyes - Porcupine Tree: *fears the wrath of Axver* :yikes:

Just kidding. I love this song. Good way to slow down the list a bit. Still up beat enough to keep interest, but a good slow-down.

Suture Up Your Future - Queers Queens of the Stone Age: One band I passed on when they first came out. This song's okay, fits with everything else, bass line's got my ear's attention, but can't really get into it.

You're So Great - Blur: A departure from what I'm used to from them (Song 2, etc), but very good. Nice acoustic number.

I Don't Wanna Grow Up - Tom Waits : Not sure if this song is used for lulz, but it made me :giggle:

Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel: never heard this song before, but I really enjoyed it. Kind of a goofy beat, random trumpet in the background. :up: Win.

Short Skirt/ Long Jacket - Cake: One of my favourite songs. SuperWin.

Last Exit - Pearl Jam: driving bass beat, good way to continue Cake's bringing the list back up to speed.

Mambo Sun - T. Rex: Kinda funky, which is good. I like.

Sweet Lady - Queen : A song from one of my favourite artists I've never heard before. Continues the funk of Mambo Sun.

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin : More funk. More awesomeness. Epic Win. :hyper:

Afterglow (Of Your Love) - Small Faces: Very similar to the intro of Ramble On. Very cool.

Feelin' - The La's : Interesting. Nearly Beatlesque. 60's pop-ish. I dug it.

Marquee Moon - Television: Very awesome. My head was bopping. I like that this ends the first CD. Would flow well into Modest Mouse, if you were to listen to both at the same time. Which I unfortunately am not able to do due to time constraints. Damn work. Tomorrow, traviud!

All in all, I'd rate it an 8/10.

Glad you liked it. I think you'll dig the second list's flow, but the songs, maybe not quite as much. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom