Taking your mom to the show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerrylives

The Fly
I know you're not supposed to, but I'll be taking along my dear old mom (54) to the first Amsterdam show. Right down to the action because I've got GA tickets. It might all get too overwhelming but at least she will finally see the man she named her cat after in real life :lol:

Have any of you taken your old folks to a U2 show before and if so, did it work out?

Don't call your mom old, 54 is really no age :lol:

I've seen a lot of older people at the shows, families with kids, 2 and 3 generations, I love it :up:

I went with my Dad, but I was 16, had met no one from here, and had really met no one else who'd come with me. It was fine. Once the concert starts you don't care about anything else for the next two hours anyway :)

Ever since the Zooropa Tour (when I was 16) I went with my dad to 1 concert every tour. He loves to see the whole spectacle (he isn't that big a U2 fan, though I'm sure he knows most of the hits). This will be the first tour where I'm not going to a show with him. Though I'm trying to get him a seated ticket for one of the Amsterdam gigs (I have GA for both nights).

I took my mom to Cleveland back in '05, I think she was 38 then. That was something, it was. She was fine in the GA all day, until we went to drop everything off at the car before the gig, and I forgot to mention to her that we had to go back and stand in the 30 degree weather for at least another hour, and she'd taken off all her coats. Five minutes before we were to go in, she passed out from hypothermia. She was just fine, but we lost our GA spots (the venue people were very nice and upgraded us to some fantastic seats), so uh, if you're going during inclimate weather, just make sure to take care of your mom :lol:

Ask my oldest son after Glasgow gig. Im taking him to his first U2ers gig. But...hes lucky...coz am a cool dad! I wear Batman Logo t-shirts and everything!:lol:

I went with my dad to a show on the Vertigo tour, I still go to concerts with him sometimes went to see Springsteen with him last year would of asked him to come again this year if he wasn't in Paris

I'd love to take my mom to a show, just so she could see what it is that I get so gaga over, but she's not much for all the rock and the roll and would likely just complain about how loud it was.

Pity I couldn't just take them to see U23D instead.

I remember being on the field for Zoo TV when I was 17, and there were these two 10-year-old kids standing on their chairs whooping it up, and sitting next to them was their mom with a walkman on trying to ignore her surroundings.

I took my mom to a Vertigo show, she had a great time. I did take a lot of crap from some friends though, but hey, I don't care as long as I'm seeing U2.

Music's really not about age. I've gone to so many shows already with my mom, and with my dad too, for that matter. It's really cool when they're into your music, or the other way around of course :wink: I've started going to concerts when I was 8 or something so my mom or dad always went with me when I was younger. And sometimes I even got a shirt. Fun times :love:

Yeah, my mum went to see them with me for the first show in croke park on the vertigo tour and she complained pretty much the whole time U2 were on that her back was stiff and her legs were numb from standing so long. But she's coming with me again this tour and for one of the shows at least, she'll get to sit down, so she's happy going to see them with me twice this time .. though i have a feeling that the thought of seeing larry mullen in the flesh may have swung it slightly

I took my mother to a U2 show and we got kicked out, she got sloshed and started flashing Bono. It's never a good idea.

:wink:

No come on now this is a joke right ? LOL to funny

I will be 40 on 9-1-09 & am planning on taking all four children (20,18,15 & 13) to two concerts this year:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom