***Survivor: Dead, Like a Blood Red Bleeding Thingie (Albums Rd 4)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • War

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Zooropa

• Pop

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Extremely lazy Canadian checking in here. Yes, I just got up.) :reject:

Leave Boy alone, whoever you are!:mad:

R & H , once again.

Last edited:
Zootomic said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and musical tastes can vary wildly even among those that love the same band. I am always amazed to see some of my favorite U2 songs show up on someone else's least favorite list.

But, having said that, I have one question for all the people voting for Boy - when is the last time you actually listened to it? If it's been more than ten years then you really need to take it out and rediscover it. If for some reason you have never listened to it but are voting for it because it's the oldest album left and you're just not as familiar with it then you need to give it a listen. As Popmartijn said, Boy is one of the best debut albums ever and it sounds just as good now. If a young band today released Boy exactly as is, the music critics would be wetting themselves over it. This is the album that put U2 on the map and really doesn't deserve to be dissed like this. This is the album that, back on an otherwise uneventful morning in 1981, Ottawa radio station CHEZ 106 decided to play a few tracks from causing a semi-awake me to actually sit upright and say out loud "Who the hell is that?". Okay, maybe I'm a little emotionally invested here so I'll say again that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But just please think twice about voting for Boy.

I voted for Rattle and Hum because I think it missed the mark for what it was intended to be which was a live/studio documentaion of the JT tour. The live cuts just did not capture the atmosphere and mood of that tour and the studio cuts seemed too uneven. I was disappointed in it when it came out and I have remained disappointed in it despite the fact that it contains some very good songs. It should have been better than it was.

What you said.

I'm voting for Rattle and Hum, again. I'm pissed that UABRS got voted off... I'd take the live versions of the songs on UABRS over any of the songs on Rattle and Hum, studio or live... except maybe All I Want is You.

OK, this round is insane. Who is voting for The Unforgettable Fire and Boy, the first- and fourth-best albums U2 have made?

I'm still not voting. I'm going to make sure my vote (which will sadly go to either RAH or ATYCLB, it seems) counts.

By the way, if you voted off UABRS because it's not a studio album, then why aren't you voting off RAH?

My vote went to R&H. It just kind of meanders all over the place and never quite gets anywhere. :shrug:

I voted for Boy because the poll specifically states to vote for the album you like least. Deal with it.

Face it, every round is going to see this kind of argument. "I can't believe you voted for such-and-such." Just accept that it's going to happen.

Rattle and-a Hum. Can't remember when last I even listened to it.

Rattle and Hum with NO hesitation. Has no business being with these other albums.

Axver said:
By the way, if you voted off UABRS because it's not a studio album, then why aren't you voting off RAH?

Because R&H has studio songs and those are the ones I'm judging. If UABRS had just one single and new studio song than I would eliminate those live songs from the list and only judge that studio song, but UABRS doesn't have studio songs, it has live versions of songs from three difernet U2 records.

Man, if the ATYCLB vs. POP debates were out of control before, this next round could fan the flames in a big way.

Of course, being partial to POP, things are looking pretty good right about now...

laz

TheBrazilianFly said:

Because R&H has studio songs and those are the ones I'm judging. If UABRS had just one single and new studio song than I would eliminate those live songs from the list and only judge that studio song, but UABRS doesn't have studio songs, it has live versions of songs from three difernet U2 records.

But why does an album song have to be in the studio? I don't see why UABRS shouldn't be counted, especially because the only album that 11 O'clock Tick Tock and Party Girl [two live staples of the eighties] appear on is - you guessed it - UABRS. So you actually have two songs to judge there.

Axver said:
OK, this round is insane. Who is voting for The Unforgettable Fire and Boy, the first- and fourth-best albums U2 have made?

I'm still not voting. I'm going to make sure my vote (which will sadly go to either RAH or ATYCLB, it seems) counts.

I agree with you. I think your meaning is that The Unforgettable Fire is their best. And if that's so, we're in quite the agreement.

the 'Like a Blood Red Bleeding Thingie' is getting quite appropriate seeing all the comments!

I decided that Joshua Tree votes at this point aren't going to do any good, so I voted for Zooropa. Half of the album I never listen to - except once in a blue moon when I grit my teeth and try to find something I like about them - to no avail.

goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom