survey-what shows did you see and where?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, everyone here is insanely obsessed. I went to one show, Vancouver (April 13). I took the ferry across the water from Vancouver Island--1 1/2 hours on the ferry, about another 45 min-1 hr into Vancouver. (Just to clarify things for those who don't know, I live on Vancouver Island, but Vancouver is on the mainland, not Vancouver Island!) I have been to several concerts in Vancouver--and of course I go there for other stuff, for instance my brother lives there--so this is no big deal. I wish now
that I had gone to Tacoma as well, which I think was the day before. I REALLY wish I had. Even though I think the set list was very similar. It would have been great. But one show was awesome too.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Crzy4Bono, did U2 play a private show in Chicago on 5-11-01?????
wink.gif
I think you mean 5-12-01
smile.gif

LMAO! Yes! It was a show just for me! Weren't you invited? It was awesome! I was at the tip of the heart and no one stepped on me!
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I adjusted my post accordingly. I'm tired now and I'm going to bed.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Two shows:

Chicago(10/15):
GA, in the heart, at the tip, one row back. Flew from KC to Chicago -- 1-hour plane trip, about 500 to 550 miles away.

KC(11/27):
GC, about 6 rows back with full view of stage. Drove in from work -- about two miles away!

------------------
...Edge is not of our planet, Larry is a warrior, Adam has seen things that we may never dream of and whatever you do, don't get in a car with Bono.

--Danny Eccleston, from the Elevation tour book

1. April 17th, San Diego: traveled 200 miles or so one way from L.A. to SD (in the heart)

2. April 23rd, Anaheim, CA: traveled 41 miles one way (in the heart)

3. April 24th, Anaheim, CA: traveled 41 miles one way (in the heart)

4. April 28th, Phoenix, AZ: traveled 380 miles one way (Gold Circle, great seats)

5. November 12th, Los Angeles CA(LA1): traveled 5 miles one way (nosebleeds but it was free and I was in the house!)

6. November 19th, Los Angeles CA (LA3): traveled 5 miles one way (railing outside the heart just left of tip)

All traveling was by car!

Nothing has compared to being in the heart but it was cool experiencing all the light shows and stuff when seen from the ceiling of Staples Center. The railing of the heart was not as bad as I thought it would be and we did not get crushed!

[This message has been edited by U2LA (edited 12-03-2001).]

1. San Diego - April 17 (3 hr. drive)
2. Phoenix - April 28 (Over 2 hr. drive)
3. Los Angeles - Novermber 19 (freaking 7 hr. drive both ways, and we left right after the concert, getting home at 7 a.m.
eek.gif
)
4. Phoenix - November 23 (2 hr. drive)

I had the best time of my life at these concerts! Especially at the last Phoenix show, that was incredible. This really has been an awesome tour, so thanks U2!!!!
I hope to see tons more shows in the future!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 12-02-2001).]

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Vegas - Thomas&Mack - flew cross-country (no idea on mileage) - in line for 10 hours with Sicy, my magna fem don dippity doodle - In The Heart

LOL! I miss you crazy noodle!

On another note, Diamond's post should be rather diamondentertaining. I'm guessing 10 shows.

April 12th, Tacoma-about 20 mintues from my house.
November 18th, however far Vegas is from Seattle.
I wish I could have said I went to more shows, but there's always next time.

Toronto 1 (4 hours)
Toronto 2 (4 hours)
Hamilton (6 hours)

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Calgary, April 9: 4 hour flight
L.A., November 12th: 9 hour train ride (plus 9 hours in line
biggrin.gif
)
L.A., November 19th: 1 hour drive (I was already in southern california)

Phoenix - April 28 - 15 min drive - in the heart - got in line at 8:30 AM day of an was #64

Vegas - November 18 - 1 hour flight from Phoenix - in the heart - got in line at 8:30 AM day of an was #276

LA - November 19th - 5 hour drive with DB9 from Vegas(partied with db9 til 3 AM then left for LA) - was in the heart - got in line at 9:30 AM day of an was #286

then a 5 hour drive back to Phoenix with DB9, got back at 11 AM, had class at 2 pm, then had to fly home to Seattle at 6 pm for thanksgiving, call me crazy but THIS WAS FREAKIN FUN AND BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE!!!

1. San Jose,CA, April 19 GA, near the tip of the heart, but insdie...I got to touch Bono!
eek.gif
- 2hrs away

2. San Jose, CA, April 20th GA, Tip of the heart- same as above

3. Oakland, CA , November 15, GA, inside the heart in the middle.... 1hr and 30 mins.. Edge waved bye to me as they arrived!
biggrin.gif

4. Sacramento CA, November 20, GA, First Row, less than 10 mins away... I got Larry's Stick and got to touched him, Bono have me a smirk, and Adam have me the thumbs up! THE BEST SHOW I went in terms of most cherished MEMORIES with guys, this tour!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 12-02-2001).]

* Milwaukee 5/9 (GA, 1.5 hour drive)
* Chicago 5/16 (GA, 3 hour bus ride)
* Detroit 5/30 (GC, 7? hour train ride + 4 hour drive)
* Chicago 10/15 (3rd tier, along side stage)
* Chicago 10/16 (GA -- got in line after 10/15 show)

And it was worth every penny, and every second of my time!

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Ok...

London 21: 12500 miles and 25 hours by plane
Slane 1: 1 hour flight from London

Future shows:

Brisbane (home)
Sydney: 1 hour flight
Melbourne: 3 hour flight
Adelaide: 3 hour flight

No it isnt too optimistic...its staying positive!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by trevster2k:
Hey, the tour is over now so who went where?

This is scary...I tallied it up after my last show, and it was 13996 miles, and $1100 on tickets (face value all but one). I don't even want to know my traveling costs, but they were all legitimate vacations from work:

San Diego, Anaheim 1, Hartford, Boston 1-4, Slane 2, NYC 3, Prov 1-2.

And you don't want to do what I do...as cool as it is to afford this once every 4 years or so, it's pitiful work!!!

AB

Hey!

The shows I attended for this tour are:

1. Manchester 11 August 2001 - about 250 miles by train.....
2. London Earls Court 18 August 2001 - 7 miles away by train and tube
3. Slane 1 25th August 2001 - 1 hour by air (?101 return)

It was definitely worth every penny and every bit of my time.....and I had a great time meeting fellow fans too!

Now Im hoping to try and see them outside UK/Ireland for a change next summer if the Elevation tour (more likely under a different name tho if the new album rumours are true) continues then..... which probably means a few short flights here and there....

dougal

Boston 6/8 - 20 minutes
smile.gif

Montreal 10/12 - 6hrs
Chicago 10/15 - 2hrs by plane (gotta bono pic!)
Chicago 10/16
Providence 10/30 - 1hr (Front rail in front of Edge! Didnt get much better than that -and got another Bono pic!)
Providence 10/31

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

BELLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 9999999999997777777777777777777777!!!!!!!!!

PPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!!!!!!!

BONO'S BOLLOCKS WERE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Cologne I+II (300 km)
Berlin (400 km)

(In fact the nearest concert from my hometown was Arnhem (280 km))
[This message has been edited by Henne (edited 12-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Henne (edited 12-03-2001).]

05/01 - Minneapolis (GA)
564 Miles (drove) Ticket = $56
05/09 - Milwaukee (GA)
346 Miles (drove) Ticket = $50
05/12 - Chicago (GC)
360 Miles (drove) Ticket = $150
05/13 - Chicago (Reserved)
360 Miles (drove) Ticket = $93
05/15 - Chicago (GA)
360 Miles (drove) Ticket = $130
05/16 - Chicago (GA)
360 Miles (drove) Ticket = $140
10/15 - Chicago (GA)
360 Miles (drove) Ticket = $50
10/16 - Chicago (GA)
360 Miles (drove) Ticket = $50
11/07 - Denver (GA)
1744 Miles (flew) Ticket = $150

All mileage is round trip. And for those of you wondering, I did drive to and from Chicago each night, as I went with a different person (or people) to every show!

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

1.3-24/Ft. Lauderdale
2.12-01/Tampa
3.12-02/Miami

average drive...two hours

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding