Stand Up Comedy Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The gradual increase over the last few days in replies to this thread implies, and I believe, that this is the album's hugest 'grower'.

The more I heard this one, the more euphoric I feel... kind of even reminds me of The Fly in more than a few ways, one because musically it probably is the FURTHEST on the album from the bulk of U2's back-catalogue.

Also, sounds like this one is a guitar-player's paradise, all sorts of continuous walls of sound, riffs, licks and solos in there and will take a long time to learn and get right.... with a lot of fun along the way...

Great song, could it in fact be this record's "hint" to U2's future direction???

The lyrics at the end remind me of Instant Karma:

“Soul rockin´people moving on; Soul rockin´people on and on; C´mon ye people; We´re made of stars.”

“How in the world you gonna see; Laughin at fools like me; Who in the hell dyou think you are; A super star; Well, right you are.”

YouTube - Instant Karma - John lennon

I find myslef playing this one a lot more and really liking it. It could be that I have exausted some of the other songs by playing them so much I feel I need to move on to others:hmm:

The gradual increase over the last few days in replies to this thread implies, and I believe, that this is the album's hugest 'grower'.

That's interesting because I was just thinking about this today while driving in the car listening to this song..It took a while, but now I really like it.

idk if it has been mentioned but the solo in this tune immediately reminded me of the one in holy joe, listent to em back to em, i think it's the same pedal effect and/or guitar edge used on that track

edit: ah..i see it was mentioned :)

This is the only song that I absolutely loved from the first listen! The rest have grown, but this one rocked me right from the start!

This was the first song I downloaded. :yes:

And unlike others I loved it from the first listen, an underrated song on Nerloth. :rockon:

Stop helping god across the road like a little old lady! :drool:

I love the part at 2:16-2:24 where Bono is humming in the background. It sounds great.
Love that bit!

The evil thing about that song is that you simply don't get the monster riff out of your head after listening to it. At least that's what happened to me yesterday.
It was going around in my head all day today and I think.. yep, it's still there :crack:

Seriously though, Bono wants small children to cross 8-lane highways :tsk:

I've heard the song for the first time yesterday as I bought the album and it's currently my least favorite one. But I hope it will change. I need to give it some time.

Napoleon's mistress.

Napoleon's first wife to be pedantic (I'm a Cambridge History undergrad you see!). He loved her deeply but she was some years older than him and couldn't give him a child to keep the Napoleonic Empire going. Thus, he divorced her and married Marie-Louise, the Emperor of Austria's daughter. She gave him a son but Napoleon was finally vanquished in 1815. Lesson over haha.

By all accounts this song first surfaced during the Fez sessions; it then underwent two years of tweaking. I would sum this up as 'Turd Polishing'. This along with Boots and Crazy Tonight would be dissappointing B sides on various other U2 albums. Almost as bad as A Man and a Woman.

By all accounts this song first surfaced during the Fez sessions; it then underwent two years of tweaking. I would sum this up as 'Turd Polishing'. This along with Boots and Crazy Tonight would be dissappointing B sides on various other U2 albums. Almost as bad as A Man and a Woman.

well, aren't you a regular little ray of sunshine :lol:

I like it . . . tis fun and the more I listen the more I find little bits of it to enjoy :yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom