Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just finished to listen to Bruce Springsteen's Tracks.... 4 discs of songs that were discarded and that most bands in these days are not able to do.

You know, it gets a bit ridiculous when Rolling Stone keeps giving Springsteen albums five stars.

It's not that ridiculous... after all this album does deserve four stars.

I have it. I don't seem to get too much into it, though I must say after the third listen some of the songs are starting to grow on me. Still I feel like most of these songs feel like leftovers and are fillers. But it's still good to hear new music from Bruce. And I'm looking forward to the shows in summer.

I have it. I don't seem to get too much into it, though I must say after the third listen some of the songs are starting to grow on me. Still I feel like most of these songs feel like leftovers and are fillers. But it's still good to hear new music from Bruce. And I'm looking forward to the shows in summer.

I have the same sentiment. I listened to that NPR stream a couple of times. When he moves a bit away from his trademark sound, the songs are quite nice (like Outlaw Pete, Good Eye or Tomorrow Never Knows), but a lot of the time it feels like generic Bruce to me. And not overly exciting too.

I feel like the leak of the new Bruce album was overshadowed a little bit, for me at least, by the release of Get On Your Boots. But it's definitely the second best thing to happen in music so far in '09. I love the album. Pete, My Lucky Day, What Love Can Do, TNK, Life Itself, Surprise Surprise, and Last Carnival are all keepers and fine additions to the Springsteen song catalogue.

No, Outlaw Pete stands out, merely because of the length, and the string part is beautiful. Great track, though a little too long for my taste.

I guess I'll have to listen a couple more times, some songs are really growing on me, others not so much.

Yeah... the album kinda drops a little in quality after "Good Eye" :(
But the first six tracks is Bruce at its best imo. :up:

And Outlaw Pete is one of the best things he ever did. ;)

No, Outlaw Pete stands out, merely because of the length, and the string part is beautiful. Great track, though a little too long for my taste.

I guess I'll have to listen a couple more times, some songs are really growing on me, others not so much.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but NPR is streaming it in advance of the release: Exclusive First Listen: Bruce Springsteen : NPR Music
It might be helpful for those who haven't found the album elsewhere. :wink:

After listening twice, I think it definitely trails Magic on the brilliance scale, but I'm okay with that...since it's coming so quickly on the heels of what may be my favourite album of his. This could be Bruce's Zooropa, not in an experimental way at all, but in the way it gives him and the band another fresh round of songs to add to the setlist and keep touring.

Life Itself
My Lucky Day
Outlaw Pete

:drool: x 3

I'm not that impressed with the new album, it's just a little better than Lucky Town, though Outlaw Pete is amazing. Working On a Dream (the song) is pretty bad though...

it sounds way better than Lucky Town to me, but I am not fond of the HT/LT era. Last Carnival is sweet!

I haven't heard that many Springsteen albums just

Born to Run, Human Touch, Lucky Town, The Rising, Devils and Dust, Magic and Working on a Dream (as well as the Essential), while Working on a Dream is better than Lucky Town I still prefer the other four I've heard greatly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom