Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Steve Lillywhite has a final mix on his phone, it means it's done and release is imminent. With iHeart radio next week, I think we can assume we'll hear it at that show at the latest.

What isn't making much sense is the RS album in 2017 thing.

:up: for Cross getting the scoop early straight from the horse's mouth. He's had insider access for decades..despite the bashing he's taken here for somewhat lazy news regurgitation in more recent times lol

Have to admit that I'm a skeptic, and nothing concrete has popped up the last several weeks. But a lot of small hints are starting to add up that perhaps a fall release is realistic.

Allegedly.

Just because Steve mixed it and has it on his phone doesn't mean the band is going to release it...

Would seem that way, and would make total sense... but, ya know, U2.

I'd say a single release is 50.5-49.5 just because it would be so, so, so stupid to go play iheart without ANY new material. but you know, like you said, U2.

I'd guess an album release, based on what we've heard with tidbits here and there, is pretty minimal for 2016, and probably likely for Q1 2017.

Allegedly.

Just because Steve mixed it and has it on his phone doesn't mean the band is going to release it...

Plus, Steve knows how this works. He would know mentioning this mixing of new song/single would be dynamite. He knows the way they work and would have been briefed on what the rough plan was, and would know whether he could say anything at all or not.

EDIT: Fail

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Last edited:
Allegedly.

To me, a Final mix of a song in his phone screams "Song is to be released by the end of the month, Lillywhitewash whatever you feel the song needs and we're good to go."

I'm pumped dude ! :hyper:

I'd say a single release is 50.5-49.5 just because it would be so, so, so stupid to go play iheart without ANY new material. but you know, like you said, U2.

I'd guess an album release, based on what we've heard with tidbits here and there, is pretty minimal for 2016, and probably likely for Q1 2017.
I'd agree with that. I expect them to release something before iHeart, because as you said... it would be incredibly stupid not to.

But this band has made some incredibly stupid marketing decisions since 2014, so it would be silly for anyone to get into absolutes.

I'd agree with that. I expect them to release something before iHeart, because as you said... it would be incredibly stupid not to.

But this band has made some incredibly stupid marketing decisions since 2014, so it would be silly for anyone to get into absolutes.

I'm desperately hoping that they aren't just releasing the Kygo collab and that that is somehow the reason to appear at the iHeart festival.

Q1 2017 for album...most definitely. Just like NLOTH...

Should be released Early march...

Not sure I like the Lillywhite news very much. But it means we're getting closer to a single. Means nothing regarding the album. I'm still scared they might release it as a one off, or (even worse) play the song at iHeart without saying if it's a SOE single or a one off...

Asking Lillywhite to "have a go" at the mix also doesn't mean it's the final mix. They might like but not love the other versions and just want to see what he would do with it.

I take this tidbit as a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom